☂ 일

❝ pluviophile ❞ 재현 x 채영
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's going to rain soon." my friend Lisa, who was currently staring outside our classroom's window suddenly said while tapping her fingers on her desk.

I just stayed silent and continued reading Kiera Cass' The Selection with one piece of my headset placed on the left side of my ear listening to IU's dlwlrma. It's currently our afternoon break, both Lisa and I chose to just stay at our classroom rather than joining the rest of our classmates probably strolling or eating around the campus.

"Hey Rosie, are you listening to me?"

I slightly nodded, and heard her sigh at my boring response.

"Rosie! I thought you love the rain, what's with that response? Aish, you're so boring."

"Aigoo Lalisa, you'd expect me to party so hard and go wild?" she nodded and gave me a sheepish grin.

"Whatever Lisa." I added, which made her frown and slumped her back to her seat, crossing her arms.

I closed my book, and stared at the window beside Lisa. I stood up from my seat and opened the windows, Lisa on the other hand was surprised.

"There! That's my Rosie."

I rolled my eyes at her remark and sat at an empty seat just in front of Lisa. The rain was so calming, which caused me to close my eyes and listen to the rhythmic sound of continuous raindrops.

The truth is, I used to hate the rain so much. Seeing the skies cry reminded me of someone who was once special in my life which makes me cry as well. I always see the rain in a negative perspective. Whenever it rains, it achesー that's what I usually say as soon as the first raindrop falls. But this one guy which I call umbrella guyー made me see things in a different way. I realized that I'm just somehow blaming the rain for my pain, I've seen the brighter side and that made me love rainy days.

Every time it rains, It made me thinks of him and that would make me smile, and i'm hoping to meet him somedayー once again on a rainy day. The sound of the school bellー signing that afternoon break is over snapped me back to reality. I closed the window and went back to my seat as soon as my classmates entered the room and the professor came afterwards.

The whole class was boring, I didn't bother listen at all since most of my professors were talking about stuff that weren't even in any way related to their respective subjects.

After the last subject ended, Lisa called me as she was fixing her things inside her bag. "Rosie! Let's go grab a snack before we go home," she told me, fishing her wallet from her bag.

"Sure, Let's go," I answered as soon as she finished her business.

I clutched my phone from my pocket and checked for any messages from my sister Alice. She told me she'd pick me up today, well that's what she told me last night.

We reached the cafeteria and Lisa happily skipped her way to the vending machine, inserting a 1000 won bill for a bag of Honey Tong Tong. However, I just got myself a bar of Snickers, then we both went out the school's gate. Actually, we usually go home together with Lisa, but Alice was fetching me today so she has to go before me today.

I gave her a call but she didn't answer, so I just texted her instead. If she doesn't reply in 3 minutes, I swear I'll go home.

I just stared at my watch the whole time and as soon as 3 minutes pass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter