Chapter 1

Love Thy Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as I got home I opened the main door of the apartment that I share with my flat mate. As soon as I was done taking off my coat and hanging it nicely on the wall, I took off my flat shoes and paused for a few moments in the dimmed doorway. 

Hearing a shuffling sound coming from upstairs I smile as the realization dawned on me that I am not alone tonight. 

'Jongin?' I call from where Im standing at.

Its only a few seconds before the lights in the door way lit up and Jongin's head popped over the handrails. 

'I'm home' Soojung informed him.

He grins in answer before he runs down the staircase to where Im standing at the entrance door. 

When he got in to me we went in to the kitchen. 

'Is she around?' I asked him nonchalantly

'She's at work' Jongin replies as he moved to the cabinet to get two cups. 

Wonderful. Jongin is much more entertaining by himself. 

 I opened my mouth about to ask him what are we getting for dinner but he beats me to it.

''I was thinking maybe we could order Chinese. I'll pay!' He says 'Oh Korea's national football team is going to play tonight. Jennie won't be home until nine'

I rolled my eye balls at the forseeable food choices despite my high spirits. 'Can we have a pizza instead with extra cheese and meat on it. I've been craving for pizza since this morning'

Foot ball game, Pizza and my best friend. What more could she need? She gets to spend some quality time with Jongin before the infuriating Jennie comes over and requests to have all his attention. 

'Fine' Jongin said with a huge smile on his handsome face clearly excited about tonight's game.

Come tomorrow morning he'll be back in his office working till late and I'll be doing my favorite thing in the world painting, reading and sleeping

Despite of the money he earns, I dont feel a twinge of jealousy towards Kai. My life is so much better than his. I wouldn't change it one bit. 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Unluckily the perfect night doesnt last as long as Soojung hoped it. At exactly nine there was a light knock coming from the main door and half an hour later since that knock was spent in silence.

 

'I dont think I will ever appreciate this game' Jennie complains 

I gave the woman a small smile before my eyes moved back to the tv screen. 

'Its just so buffling, the rules of the game and stuff. I cant believe you played this back in High School Jongin. I'd be holidng my breath until each game ends hoping that you wont get injured'

My eyebrows went up while laughing at her stupidity and I didnt quite manage to keep a snort. 

It earns me a look of irritation from Jennie but luckily Jongin hasnt heard me as he was preoccupied while planting a kiss on his gilfriend's lips and bends down a little to whisper something naughty in her ears. That caused Jennie to giggle before hitting his arm in a playful manner. 

'Jongin, its not just the two of us here, we have company' she said while giggling. 

'Soojung doesnt mind does she?' he asked without even glancing at me.

Oh God no. At least if they are in his bedroom she won't be witnessing this revolting act.

'Of course not' I said it out loud, perhaps a little too loud. Me eyes focusing back to the TV screen. 

'So how is your work Soojung?' asked Jennie

'its good thanks' I replied, as I returned my gaze to the TV i couldnt help but yell as I reacted on the scene I just saw

' thats a foul' I exclaimed 

'The referee is an idiot' Jongin said shaking his head in annoyance that the game wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter