The Cold Warm Breeze

The Cold Warm Breeze

 

  Warm. Cold. It was a mixture of both. Blended perfectly like the image she had in mind. Here she was; keeping the soles of her feet warm by the calm radiating crimson orange campfire she had built by herself ( Minus the pocket knife she had used. The rest was all of her efforts. ). 

  The fire mere inches away radiates with character. The orange flame itself captivating her very own orbs of amber. It's a colour that he had loved. A colour which in return became her favourite as well. She turns to look at her surroundings. A familiarity sense hits her continuously like the waves hitting the shore during a low tide. She remembers it all. This dangerous, unknown, novel place they had both courageously explored long ago. The  depths of determination that they had magically fuelled themselves with so deep to explore this dark yet bright with life forest.  

  It wasn't the deity's choice that had put them together to foster their knowledge on this endless vastness forest long ago. Maybe it was a leap of faith. A tint of hope that maybe they will truly unfold the secrets that this wide forest holds and uncovers the treasures that are hidden deep within. The hope that maybe one day, they both will truly know the meanings hidden within this forest. 


  Unfortunately, it was a hope that broke down progressively through a span of a few months. 


  The strong,cold blowing winds hits her harshly. Her long black hair swishes gracefully behind a cloaked back as it tumbles pass the slope of a small yet perfect shoulder. The cold from the wind slowly seeps into her bones but the quick heat coming from the flames envelopes her; dimishing any forms of coldness. She closes her eyes slowly; trying to grasp the calmness of the forest. Her form, expressing the pure epitome of serene. Her breathing rate slowing down to a steady pace like the white clouds stretched across the azure colour sky. 

  Again, she thinks. He had left. He had left so quick similarly like a straight line intersecting hers but never to meet again. Everytime a thought of him walks through her solid yet fragile mind, she hopes so deeply that this line of hers will curve on its own naturally; wishing hers will come across his again but never to know about the consequences of her actions.   
'Wasn't their purpose to truly dive into the wild endless forest and uncover its secrets one day?' She thinks. She knew that they knew this forest will be dangerous. She knew that it will be filled with obstacles that will slowly devour their will to explore any further. She knew that this forest will be filled with numerous of paths - one straight to melancholy and another that branches out  but all leading to mirth. 

    She knew it was foreign to them. The thing that she was only certain about was that it was hard but at least they had together; she thought. 

    The sudden rise of the burning flame and the sound of leaves swaying swiftly with the wind brings her back from her reverie. As she catches her breath from the sudden stream of hurtful memories, she finds the firewood slowly depleting to ashes. Mere minutes later, she decides to rests for a few more hours until she decides on what to do then. 

   
   She stares at the crimson fire and with a blink of eye, her watch alarm rings. It must have already been two hours in which she doesn't realise for herself as her mind had drifted to nowhere. The flame now burns one tenth of the size it was. She turns to look around again. She hears the birds chirping, the water streaming down the river followed by the sound of the dying fire as it slowly reaches its final span of minutes of life. She knows this forest is the house to many wild creatures; some willing to hurt her and some willing to flee immediately after being in sight of her. She realises that she would have to come to a decision any time now – one which is to place more firewood onto the fire to extend its contract of life by a matter of minutes to a few hours while willing to depend on the fire for her heat and safety while another is to leave this forest that solely puts her in danger from the wild creatures and the dangerous secrets that the forest beholds. After awhile, she comes to a decision. 

   A decision to leave the forest. The forest of love. 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

end.