Dance With Me

Dance With Me

"Dahyunnie~" 

Dahyun felt herself grow more nervous. She knows that voice. 

"Hi Sana-unnie!" Dahyun says, her smile growing. Sana immediately returns it, and hugs the younger member. 

"How's my favourite dongsaeng?" Sana asks, pinching her cheeks. Sana loves Dahyun. Anyone with eyes can see that. Anyone but Dahyun apparently. The tofu, ever so innocent, dismisses Sana's show of affection as nothing more than her sisterly love for the younger. 

Sana however, knows that Dahyun has her eyes for someone else. She's known for a few years now. She knows that how much affection she showers Dahyun, her love will never be returned. Ever if the paler girl won't admit it outright; maybe she doesn't even realize it. She has developed feelings for a certain main dancer. To Sana, it's okay. She still loves the small tofu. She'll take any reason to spoil her as much as she can, until the time that her friend will whisk her away. 

That main dancer, her eyes wary, was watching their interaction in the middle of their managers At the corner of the room. The feeling of jealousy was bubbling up inside of her. Her heart constricting at the thought of the yougest dancer belonging to someone else other than her. 

Momo couldn't help it. She can't help but turn into a stuttering mess whenever Dahyun and her are left alone. It's just that... the paler is extremely beautiful and talented. Momo can't help but feel starstruck whenever they're together. 

"Unnie~" Dahyun whined. She's still not used to Sana's flirtatious advances. "Momo-unnie help me!" Dahyun pleads. Her arms outstretched towards the dancer. Momo can't help but laugh despite everything. Whatever Dahyun does just makes her light up. 

She joined in on their banter and pretended to save Dahyun from the "Kisses Monster". "Unnie you're a lifesaver!" Dahyun exclaimed. She gave a cheeky smile to a suddenly blushing Sana, then gave a quick peck on the cheek to her knight. 

"Guys! You're up in ten!" The stage manager shouted. Sana immediately rushed outside to go backstage, leaving the two alone. Momo was still a bit frozen, not used to the sudden show of affection. Dahyun, her cheeks at the same state, gave a shy smile towards her unnie. 

"Let's do our best again today unnie!" She gave Momo another peck and ran outside their waiting room. Momo, her face nearly all red, followed after her

 

~~~

 

"Good work unnies!" Dahyun says. Her hair tousled and her skin glistening with sweat.

 

"Awww thanks Dubu!" Sana says, beckoning Dahyun over. "Come here, let me wipe that off for you." 

 

Dahyun immediately walks over. Once she stood infront of Sana, her head tilted in a way that a puppy's would. Her eyes glimmering. 

 

Sana can feel herself falling more. But she needs to talk it out with the other Japanese too. She'll be fine, or atleast she wants to believe she will be. Their group shouldn't be affected. She'll respect Dahyun and her decision. Her priority will still be the youngest. Always. 

 

Sana started wiping off all the sweat. Making sure to leave no traces behind. Momo, once again feeling like a third wheel, felt the jealousy creep up on her once again. She felt useless. She couldn't even fight for her love properly. Playing with her fingers, her mind raced. She's decided. She'll fight for Dahyun. She'll do everything for those eyes to look at only her. 

 

She can see Sana look at her from the younger's peripheral. The two making a mutual understanding. After nearly three years of pinning for the same girl, the two Japanese will finally settle it once and for all. 

 

"Dahyunnie~ Here's your water." Momo suddenly said. Dahyun, surprised, felt her heart skip a beat. It felt different once it was her Momo unnie that paid attention to her. Maybe it was because Momo looked different on stage. Maybe it was because of her slight tsundere attitude. Or maybe it was because of how Momo always looks whenever they're near each other. No matter the reason, she feels different around her Momo-unnie. 

 

"Thanks unnie!" Dahyun exclaimed, gladly taking the bottle. 

 

Taking this chance Sana said "Dahyun-ah! I think manager is looking for you." after pretending to look at her phone. 

 

"Really? I'll be going then! Thank you unnies~"

 

As soon as Dahyun left, the two best friends made eye contact. "So..." Sana started

 

"I love Dahyun, Sana-chan!" Momo suddenly blurted out. "I loved her ever since she joined our company, until she debuted with us."

 

Sana suddenly laughed. "Momoring, I know. But you know that I like her too right?" Sana says, her usually sparkling eyes dimming. "We both know that only one of us can get to have her."

 

Momo nodded sadly. Her head bowing, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. "Yah, Momoring. Look at me" Sana says. Her voice cracking. 

 

Momo looked up to see Sana already crying. Her composure suddenly left her and both were uncontrollably crying their hearts out. 

 

They both love Dahyun. They both hold the youngest member in their hearts. But as much as they love Dahyun, they also love each other more. 

 

Sana knows she'll lose. She knows that she has no chance. But she still wants to try. She'll regret it if she didn't. 

 

"Momo-yah. Let's prepare something for Dahyun. I don't want to make her choose between us... but it's been too long. Just promise me that we'll still be friends okay?"

 

Momo nodded and buried her face on the crook of Sana's neck. The older could already feel her heart breaking, but she still wants to try. A watery smile adorned her features "Good luck to us, Momoring~" she says. No matter what happens, Dahyun's happiness will always come first.

 

Momo still can't believe that Sana would let her prove herself to Dahyun. She knows that Dahyun cares for Sana as much as Sana did for the younger girl. She whimpers and tightens her hold on the younger Japanese. "Thank you Sattang. If she chooses you... Please make her happy."

 

~~~

 

Dahyun tries to think about what happened. Their manager didn't call her, and she was too lazy to go back.  So she instead went on her way and bought some chocopies to share with her unnies. 

 

"Dahyun-ah! Momo and Sana told me to tell you to go to the dancing room right now. "

 

"Ah, really?! Thank you hyung!"

 

The small tofu bowed at her hyung and scurried over to one of the company's many dancing rooms. On one of the doors there was a sign attached to it. 

 

To our most energetic little tofu~

We have a surprise for you :3

~Momo and Sana-unnie

 

Surprise? She couldn't think of anything that they need to surprise her for. It wasn't her birthday... it wasn't their anniversary either. She shrugged her shoulders and went inside. 

 

Sana and Momo were leaned back against each other, hands crossed across their chest. Together, they started dancing to the instrumental of Melting one of the tracks from their friend TWICE's album. 

 

Their bodies moved in sync, conveying the words that they so desperately want to tell their sole audience. Their passion, love, and dedication to the one watching was poured out unto their dance. They want her to know. They want her to realize. They wanted her to choose them. 

 

By the end of the song, both dancers were panting heavily. Their eyes filled with unushed tears. Hopefully, by some miracle, Dahyun understood what they wanted to say. 

 

On the other side of the performance, Dahyun was in awe. Her eyes fixated on mostly one person though. That person, however, noticed and was smiling warily at her at the end of their performance. 

 

"So" Sana started "Dahyun-ah, we have something very important to tell you."

 

"Please hear us out before you speak" Momo continued. 

 

Dahyun, hearing the sudden seriousness from her playful unnies voices, abruptly stood straight and clasped her hands in front of her. She gave a small nod as a signal for the two girls infront of her to start. 

 

"You can start first Sana... it's fine"

 

Sana stared at Momo for a few seconds before inclining her head in acknowledgement. Grateful for the chance. 

 

"Dahyun-ah. I... I guess you could say that... I love you." Sana says, cracking a smile. "Honestly, it took me this long to say it because I'm scared. I'm scared of what might happen when you don't return my feelings. But I guess that's not all I have to worry about is it? I'll always be rooting for your happuness Dahyunnie~ Don't worry though. I'll always take care of you. I'll always love you. You'll always be our precious maknae. I still have more to say but it's already been a minute."

 

Sana says, her eyes wiping off a few stray tears. "Momoring, it's your turn" Hearing movement from infront of her, Sana saw Dahyun try to make their way over to them. It melted her heart to see that Dahyun still obviously cared but... "Dahyun, hear us out first."

 

She stopped her movement and allowed Momo to say her part. 

 

"Dahyun... Dubu... Dahyunnie... You know I like you right? Actually, I love you. I have been loving you ever since you stepped foot into the company and joined our debut team. I love your smile, you laugh, everything. Like Sattang said, we're both scared. But it's been too long of us pinning over you."

 

Momo says, her wide eyes locking unto Dahyun's

 

"We both love you our sweet little tofu. We love each other too. So I'm sorry... we're sorry for putting you up to this. But you need to choose."

 

"It's fine honestly. We talked about this and nothing else will change between the both of us." Sana cut off. "We'll support whoever you choose. "

 

Dahyun could feel her heart beating fast. Her normally pale skin turning a pinkish hue. How could two of the most beautiful Japanese ladies fall in love with her? She was just... her. 

 

"Unnies... do you mind if... Do you mind if you turn around? I'll hug whoever I'll choose if it's fine"

 

Both the girls nodded and turned their bodies around. It's time. 

 

Dahyun requested that because she couldn't bear to look at both their eyes that held so much emotion. She knew there was a lot more to the story than what she just said, but she's willing to hear it out. Forever if need to be. 

 

Good thing the unnies made her choose. Letting out a chuckle she said "Unnies, I'll be choosing now"

 

Going over to them, Momo could see Dahyun go to Sana in her peripheral vision. She could feel the tears slowly slipping out from her eyes. She lost. 

 

Dahyun moved over to Sana and whispered "Unnie, I'm so sorry." Dahyun placed a chaste kiss at the back of her head before taking a turn to look at Momo, whose eyes are already spilling tears. 

 

The paler girl quietly went behind the main dancer and hugged her. Tight. "Momo-unnie, look at me."

 

Momo tried to stop her crying and turned around. Her body still in the hands of the girl who chose her. Dahyun wiped the tears off of her face using her right hand, while her left secured her waist. 

 

"Yah... I love you too pabo-yah" Dahyun says, her voice soft. 

 

Sana, beside them, was silently crying. I guess I got my heart broken. She passed by the newly found couple and told them a quick congratulations. She was about to leave when

 

"Sana-unnie!" 

 

She turned around to see Dahyun looking at her with her cheeks puffed out and puckered. She can't help but laugh seeing that. "Don't worry you tofu! I'll be okay"

 

She finally turned her back and left. Her heart shattered, but surprisingly happy. 

 

"Dahyun-ah... I can't believe... you chose me! Holy-"

 

Before Momo could continue she pressed her lips against the dancer. 

 

"Yah Momo-unnie." Dahyun says, a dopey smile on her face and her hands cupping her love's face. 

 

 "Dance with me?"