Angel

Things I’d do for U

OKAY SO THE SONG MARK IS LISTENING TO IS ANGEL BY NCT 127 IF YOU WANNA PUT THAT ON

 

 

 

The sun was harsh against Sicheng’s skin as he walked along the crowded street on the way to school. Usually his weekends would be spent free in a dance studio but it’s almost finals time and he has to study even on the weekends to be able to pass. He doesn’t mind cause after spending five hours to study for everything else he can go to the studio his friend owns  and practice the routine for his Chinese dance class. His body was covered in a light sheen of sweat and the strap of the duffel bag carrying his dance practice clothes felt weird as it rubbed against his book bag straps, jostling with every step. He smiles as he sees the library just at the end of the street he’s on, two blocks away. A small breeze passed through the street, causing his red hair to fly around his face.  He smiles as he steps into the cool air of the library. He quickly heads over to the solo desks and starts studying for his Calculus test. It was about an hour in when he gets started and looks up as a boy sits down next to him, music blasting through his earphones. Sicheng sighs and tries to focus on studying again but he can’t with the music being so loud next to him. He taps on the boy’s shoulder and the smaller blonde haired boy quickly takes out the side that is on Sicheng’s spot. 

“Excuse me can you turn that down a bit?” The boy only stares at sicheng before nodding and turning it down to a less audible for Sicheng level.  It was almost like he had seen an angel- and then the song he was listening to seemed so fitting. 

“My name is Mark. What about you?” Sicheng raises an eyebrow before turning back to his calculus book. He contemplates for a bit on whether to give the boy his name or not but caves in when he sees the boy turn to his sketchbook looking so sad. Sicheng almost wanted to kiss the pout away from his face- but he cursed himself for such thoughts. After all he had a boyfriend already. 

“Sicheng. It’s Sicheng.” The boy smiles before looking over at Sicheng’s side of the wall separating their desks. 

“Wow calculus. You must be smart I’m in algebra.”

“What grade are you in mark?” 

“I’m in tenth grade at Seoul international. What about you?” Sicheng smiles softly. So the boy was younger then. 

“I’m in twelfth grade at the same school as you. “ Mark smiles widely before slipping a paper to Sicheng as Sicheng’s boyfriend enters the library.  Sicheng quickly sticks the paper into his calculus book before standing up and packing his stuff. He greets his boyfriend with a kiss as he slings his bag over his shoulder. 

“Mark this is Yuta. He’s my boyfriend. Yuta this is Mark; he goes to school with us and is the same age as your cousin Jaemin.” Yuta smiles brightly before stretching a hand out. Mark takes it slowly and shakes his hand. 

“It’s nice to meet you. We should hang out sometime, you probably know Jaemin. Everyone knows him since he’s dating the captain of our soccer team.” Mark nods slowly. He was very familiar with Jaemin- the boy was in all of his classes and they had grown to be best friends over the year. Well best friends if you don’t count Jaemin’s boyfriend Jeno. Sicheng smiles widely at mark before leaving with Yuta and mark can’t help but to feel a bit hurt. He didn’t realize that maybe just maybe he had developed a crush on the boy.