pink lips and rosy cheeks

there's a beat in this heart.

jieqiong figures that, maybe, her usual ‘go hard or go home’ attitude might have been a bit of an overzealous endeavor. 

usually, when she’s trying to (as yaebin sarcastically put it after a failed attempt at talking up a girl in a cafe) ‘woo’ someone, maybe she comes on a bit strong. she calls it persistence, yaebin calls it cringey, and apparently jung eunwoo calls it a lot

it’s not her fault that jung eunwoo is cute. nor is it her fault that eunwoo happened to be at the same party she was at (she ignores the fact that it’s a party thrown by campus crush kim minkyung, and anyone with a single working braincell would show up if possible). it’s also not her fault that she somehow found herself tucked away in a corner away from everyone else with eunwoo, grip tight around a red plastic cup almost as dark as the hue on her cheeks, eyes looking at anything that isn’t jieqiong in front of her. 

(jieqiong would call it cute if it weren’t for the fact that eunwoo was, currently, chewing her out for taking a simple and childish game of spin the bottle too seriously.) 

“—a peck, you know? not you trying to stick your tongue down my throat, for crying out loud!” 

jieqiong blinks, head tilting as eunwoo continues her tirade. 

“and what if your breath smelled? what if you ate garlic and onions and pickled eggs beforehand? why should i have to deal with that, huh?” 

(maybe it is cute.) 

she says as much as she reaches up to gently grip at eunwoo’s chin, lets a smile pull at her lips instead of her usual smirk when the girl finally takes a moment to breathe (she’d been going on about the pros and cons of mouthwash in the morning and flavored gum in between meals) and just nods. 

“you’re right, too much. but who can help it when someone as cute as you is on the receiving end?” 

she ignores the indignant squawk eunwoo lets out and brushes her lips across a still rose tinted cheek, a wink thrown over her shoulder as she steps away and back into the crowd. 

(she’ll laugh three days later when eunwoo shows up at her dorm with a frown on her face to shove two packs of pink lemonade flavored gum into her hands with nothing more than a “for next time” mumbled out before she leaves. 

definitely cute.)