Formal

Formal
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Just confess already." Jyongri told Nayoung as the duo were outside the dance room.

"I'll confess if you confess, too." Nayoung countered.

The two best friends were hanging out after school and stopped by the dance room to see the people inside dancing. More in particular it was so that Nayoung could watch her crush from a distance while he danced with his seven friends.

"You're the one that's way more obvious than me." Jyongri remarked. "Besides I think Chan's dating Sana so there's no point in confessing to him."

"They're not together."

"How do you know?"

"Jisung." Nayoung smirked.

"I don't trust anything that comes out of that squirrel's mouth."

"Don't be mean. He doesn't look that much like a squirrel."

"Have you seen his mouth full of food?"

"No."

"Just wait until you do."

"Whatever. Anyways, if you confess to Chan, then I'll confess to Hyunjin."

"I already told you I won't confess because he's already dating someone else."

"I just told you that Jisung said that they weren't."

"And I ain't gonna trust from that damn idiot."

In the midst of their bantering the best friends didn't notice the door opening revealing two people.

"Oh, hey. Are you guys here to see me?" Minho asked with a smirk.

"No." The girls chorused as Changbin laughed. "They're probably here for you know who, Minho."

"No we're not." They chimed once again at the same time.

"Oh really?" Minho mused before smirking wider. "We're taking a break and so have time to hangout."

"No thanks." Nayoung answered as Jyongri agreed. "Yeah. We're good."

"Oh, yeah?" Minho confirmed with a mischievous expression. "So you won't do anything if I tell them that you like them?"

"No." The girls deadpanned with a neutral expression not believing the male.

"Okay! Changbin, help me!"

Changbin took a hold of Jyongri while Minho took a hold of Nayoung and the boys pulled the girls inside the dance room with them.

"Hey, Hyunjin! Nayoung likes you!" Minho exclaimed mischievously as Changbin did the same thing. "And Chan, Jyongri likes you!"

"Minho's just joking! Don't listen to him!" Nayoung denied as she pulled her arm from his grip.

"Yeah, Changbin's doesn't know what he's talking about either." Jyongri added with a laugh while pushing Changbin away from her. "Uh, bye!"

Jyongri ran out of the room leaving Nayoung behind.

"This girl." Nayoung muttered before feeling Minho's elbowing her side. "What?"

"Hyunjin's coming this way."

"I hate you."

Nayoung shoved Minho away, too, as she high-tail out of the room just like Jyongri.

"Aww, this time I thought you two would actually get their confession." Jisung said with a pout. "I had such high hopes."

"Hmm, I mean, the girls don't have to confess. These two could just do it, too." Jeongin suggested while looking at his friends. "Right?"

"They could, but it depends if these two have the courage to do so." Seungmin said while pointing at Chan and Hyunjin with a smile.

"Was this like some big secret that you're all telling us this stuff now?" Chan asked while looking at his friends. "Because I hope it's not a joke."

"It's not a joke, Chan." Jisung replied. "Those two have a crush on you guys since forever, but they're in denial and just play it off as y'all being cute even as friends."

"Yeah, I have to agree." Changbin confirmed with a nod. "It's kinda weird."

"Well, it's not like we'll be able to find them now since they ran off." Hyunjin reasoned with a shrug. "There's no point in chasing them if they ran off in the first place."

"Jyongri's usually spends a lot of time in the library even during her free time. She probably hiding over there since I think she thinks that Chan isn't the reading type because of his athleticism." Seungmin informed the group with a laugh. "It's kinda stereotypical, but she mentioned it this one time when she had to do a project with this girl, but the girl kept making excuses about basketball practices."

"I go to the library, some times." Chan pouted, but no one agreed or disagree with him as they just laughed instead.

"And Nayoung's probably at 3RACHA since she helps run the store with Ms. Ahn." Felix added. "I know she's always there during lunch time since she's the main person that runs 3RACHA when Ms. Ahn isn't there."

"Good. Maybe you guys can ask them out for Winter Formal." Minho smiled. "Now go before I ask them instead to make the both of y'all jealous."

"Actually, I have a plan or two that can make it a little more fun." Jisung smiled wide as his eyes sparkled.

~~~~~~~~

Jyongri did go to the library. She was on the second floor finishing her homework before going home. Jyongri would have done it at home, but she was always interrupted by her niece ever since her older brother and sister-in-law separated since the summer and her brother had custody of the child. She was in the midst of a math problem when she heard the two chairs besides her scraped against the floor and she looked up to see two of her friends, Yugyeom and BamBam.

"Um, what are you guys doing here?" Jyongri asked them with a suspicious look.

"Can't we come to the library and read, Riri?" BamBam asked with a hurt face as Jyongri rolled her eyes before answering. "Y'all don't even read and I'm surprised you even found me up here."

"Well, it's not hard to miss that blonde and pink hair of yours." Yugyeom reasoned with a laugh before pouting. "And we know how to navigate the school. The library is just as important."

"Mmhmm." Jyongri closed her books while putting them away and speaking at the same time. "So, what do you guys want from me?"

"We need you to settle a bet between the two of us." The males chorused as she cast them a suspicious look. "Why me?"

"Because you're unbiased and the only one that's free." Yugyeom reasoned.

"No, I'm not. I was finishing homework."

"You can do that at home. That's why it's homework." BamBam stated.

"Doesn't matter." Jyongri dismissed them. "What kind of bet is it?"

"You have to judge us on our basketball skills at the gym." BamBam informed her and Jyongri scoffed. "Y'all don't even play basketball. Heck, y'all don't even play any type of sports. So why would you guys make a bet about that?"

"If I win, BamBam has to buy me all of the Chris Brown's album." Yugyeom said as BamBam added his. "And if I win, then Yugyeom has to buy me two pet cats."

"Y'all are stupid with your bets."

"If you come, then we'll buy you any bubble tea drink you want for the rest of the school year." Both males suggested as Jyongri contemplated the idea.

~~~~~~~~

"Thanks for being such a dear, Nayoung." Ms. Ahn thanked her student as Nayoung was putting away the last bits of the supplies in their respective places.

"No worries, Ms. Ahn. I love to help out 3RACHA." Nayoung said with a smile. "It'll definitely help me out when I go to college and major in business."

"Lovely. I'll make sure to put in a good word so just let me know."

"Will do! Is there anything else you would like me to do before I go?"

"Just organize everything and make sure everything's ready for tomorrow. I'll be back after a market run. I forgot to pick up some more muffins and cup noodles. Don't worry about locking up. I'll make sure to do that as I leave in a bit." Ms. Ahn informed Nayoung as Nayoung gave her the OK sign.

While Nayoung's back was to the door she didn't notice that another student, Chanyoung, had slipped into the classroom just as Ms. Ahn was leaving it at the same time. She greeted the male student before leaving and Chanyoung quietly creeped up behind Nayoung.

"Boo!" Chanyoung scared Nayoung as she jerked forward before turning around to smack whoever had spook her.

"Ahh, Chanyoung! You're so annoying." Nayoung commented as the male just laughed at her reaction.

Nayoung smacked him until he finally backed away from her and quieted down his laughter.

"Why are you here, Chanyoung?" Nayoung asked him as she went back to finish what she was doing.

Chanyoung stood to the side of her so that he could still be in her line of sight before asking her a question. "Did you forget what today was?"

"It's a Wednesday."

"Yes, but y

Please log in to read the full chapter