Final

Love Stuff

Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo met each other their second year in college. Even though Kyungsoo and Jongin had different majors, fate had a strange coincidence of putting them together. It is now winter break, and while Kyungsoo would rather be at home cuddled up with Jongin, his friends had other plans.

"Come on, Kyungsoo, we never get to do anyting fun," Baekhyun groaned while plopping down across Kyungsoo bed. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had been friends as long as they could remember, and while the latter could be annoying, Kyungsoo somehow found a way to deal with it all these years. 

"Yeah, but I'd rather be at home relaxing, now freezing to death while you and Chanyeol drag us from booth to booth." Kyungsoo continued to scroll through his phone, not once taking his eyes off and looking at Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo had dealt with Naekhyun and Chanyeol too many times to not already know what would happen. Baekhyun would see something he liked and Chanyeol would follow, causing Kyungsoo and Jongin to follow too. After following this cycle a hundred times, Kyungsoo learned his lesson.

"But Kyungsoo" Baekhyun began to whine while rolling across his bed, messing up my covers, Kyungsoo thought. "Chanyeol already convinced Jongin to go. You wouldn't want to leave your friends behind to stay home by yourself would you?" Baekhyun smirked. 

Dang it Baekhyun! That little weasel. "Fine, but only because Jongin is going." 

"Yes!" Baekhyun jumped up and headed towards the door. "5:30 pm! Don't be late!" After that statement the door slammed shut and Kyungsoo knew he wish he could unsubscribe from his and Baekhyun's friendship. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

At approximately 5:29 Kyungsoo was standing by the ticket booth of the yearly Seoul carnival. Every year children and adults alike would flock to the mid-December carnival in hope of winning prizes and eating funnel cake. Since the carnival always occured around the holidays, it meant that the carnival was always freezing. Hence the reason why Kyungsoo was bundled in a hat, scarf, gloves, and coat which was two times bigger than himself. He was scrolling through @real_pcy  instagram feed when suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around him and pulled him into a chest. 

"How's my baby Kyungsoo doing?"

"Call me a baby one more time, Jongin!" Despite his menacing glare both Jongin and Kyungsoo knew he couldn't hurt a fly. Jogin grinned as he began to sway them side to side.

"Baekhyun and Chanyeol texted me and said they wouldn't be able to come today."

Kyungsoo turned around. "What?! He's the reason I'm even here!"

Jongin began to pout. "You mean you didn't come here because of your charming, y, and loving boyfriend." Kyungsoo pretended to think about it for a second and shook his head. "I'm hurt, Kyungsoo," Kyungsoo pecked his lips, "Are you ready to go in now, my charming, y, and loving boyfriend?"

"mhmmmm.... okay, since you said it so nicely."

As Jongin paid for their tickets, Kyungsoo couldn't help but look around. His family used to come every year, but as Kyungsoo has gotten older, the visits have become less frequent. He used to love the wide arrange of lights and aromas of fried food, but with college taking the reins on his life he mostly lives in the library or the coffee shop. After Jongin paid for their tickets, they began to walk around the booths. From carnival rides, food stands, and dart games, the Seoul carnival was truly one of the greatest dreams for a kid. 

"Ooh! Soo, Let's go over here!" Jongin yelled before pulling Kyungsoo to another game booth. Since Jongin basically acted like a kid, the Seoul carnival was basically one the greatest dreams for him too. The booth was a hideous color of bright yellow, and was filled with a range of stuffed animals and plushes from baby penguins to giant bears. "Soo, do you bet me that I could win one of those bears?" Kyungsoo followed where his finger was pointing.

"No. These things are made for you t lose." 

"I can't believe you are daring me to do this."

"I'm not Jongin, I'm Just sayi-"

"That's so wrong of you soo."

"Wha-" While it was true that Kyungsoo believed these games were nothing but a rip off, he also knew how bad Jongin was at the games. Last time he played, he was twenty dollars in debt and left with only a little keychain. Soon enough there was three carnival tickets given to the greasy man working it, and eight rings on the counter. 

"Soo, I meant need a good luck kiss for me to win." Jongin leaned over with his lips perked out towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo sighed, but nonetheless gave him what he wanted. 

Jongin then began focusing on the game. If he was able to get all eight rings around the bottles, then he would win. He threw the first one, and it made it. After squinting his eyes and doing his rendition of the Michael Phelps warm up he tossed the second and third one and made those too. "See soo? I told you I could win you that bear."

"I never said you couldn't Jongin." Kyungsoo sighed as he watched Jongin throw the fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh ring. He was now on his last one: make this one and he would win the bear, if he missed then it was over. Jongin held the last ring out to Kyungsoo.

"Soo blow on this for me for goodluck."

Kyungsoo just looked at him. "How in teh world is that going to give you good luck?" 

Jongin whined "Please soo?" and Kyungsoo could only roll his eyes and give in. 

Jongin was ready. He had his eyes on the prize - literally. He had to win this bear for Kyungsoo, afterall Kyungsoo dared him. He couldn't back out now. He threw the last ring and time seemed to slow down. It spun once in the air, twice, three, times, he then watched as it got closer to the bottle. The crowd began to roar, the stadium was filled, Kyungsoo was cheering for him and --- it bounced off and hit the ground.

"I don't understand soo, it was a perfect shot!" Jongin pouted as Kyungsoo patted him on the shoulder. 

"It's okay Jongin, you still won a prize."

"Yeah but it's not the bear." Jongin collected his prize from the oldman before looking at it. At least I got a penguin for my penguin, he thought. "Here you go soo. I'm sorry I couldn't get you the bear."

Kyungsoo instantly felt soft for him, gosh the things Jongin does to him. "Hey, it's okay, I already have a giant bear anyway. You're my giant nini bear. Thank you Jongin for the penguin. I almost think it's cuter than the bear plush anyway."

Jongin cracked a smile. "Really? You're welcome, soo." Kyungsoo then began walking down the rows of vendors with one hand holding his plush, and the other hand holding Jongins. 

"Are you sure you don't need me to carry that for you, soo?" Jongin looked down at Kyungsoo as he swang their hands a little bit. 

"No! I have to show off what my charming, y, and loving boyfriend won me." 

Kyungsoo and Jongin continued to walk through the carnival with their plush, and for a split second Kyungsoo thought that Baekhyun wasn't so bad after all.