Your Wedding Day

The Almost Married

"Is our bride ready?"

 

She heard the question and she nodded without glancing at Jurina, who's standing on the side of the entrance door of the Church.

 

She stood properly and sighed clutching the bouquet.

 

"Saku-chan..." Sasshi called and drew closer to her. "No back outs, this is it. Prepare yourself.. bride" she said tapping the girl's shoulder and went to back to arrange the gown's train.

 

 

Later, Jurina gave Sakura and Sasshi a sign that the door is about to open. She sighed for the last time before lifting her head.

 

She saw everyone's smile. They were exppeexpect that the bride really want this.

 

She made her entrance. She walked in down the aisle. After the few steps, her father walked with her.

 

In one glance, she saw her. Her tears starts running down to her face.

 

She saw her smile at her and her eyes are no longer visible. She waved at the bride. And her tears became visible.

Sakura put her hand to where her heart is. It made her world stop by just looking at the creature.

'Oh Kaeun-chan. What a beautiful lady.. Hon.. keep that smile. You're giving me heart attack'

She silently laughed at that taught.

She looked around to see the guests who are proudly staring at her. Then she smiled at them.

On the left side in front were her best friends. Also tearing up and clapping for her.
 

The mood changed, her smile is gone, the excitement faded when she saw the groom.
 

Oh that hurt her. Again.

The what?

The groom. Lee Chaeyeon.

At the back of Chaeyeon is Kaeun. Kaeun's tears are showing mixed emotions.

While Chaeyeon, she couldn't hide her excitement.
 

' I'm a lucky bear. I'm marrying a beautiful cherry blossom'.
 

The bridegroom thought smiling widely.
 

She spared glances to the both of them. Then she remembered the night again.
 

• × • × • × • ×  • × • × • × • × • × • × • × • × • × • × • × • × • × •

(Now Playing: Talk- Kodaline)

Kaeun just came back from a overseas business trip. As she hopped out of that car, she thanked them and immediately went inside of their house only to meet a tight hug.
 

She thought Sakura just missed her so bad that she didn't let go. But Kaeun got rid of that hug when she heard Sakura sobbed.

 

The giraffe became the most worried fiancée. Her both hands held Sakura's face as she planted some kiss on her forehead.

 

"Hon.. what's wrong?" she faced the cherry blossom. Sakura couldn't talk, her sobs excelled. So she covered her face with her both hands making Kaeun hug her again.

 

"I'm here. I'm already here." she said as she lightly pat her head. "Let's settle ourselves first then tell me what's wrong, okay?" she added then led her to the couch.
 

Kaeun let her sit facing her. She wiped her tears away. She waited for her to calmed.
 

And when she did, Kaeun was about to talk but Sakura was quick to kiss her. Kaeun was quite surprised but she just responded to her kiss.
 

They broke, forehead against each other.

"I bet that would be the last" Sakura spoke, eyes closed.
 

Kaeun's eyebrows met. She sat properly and confusingly looked at her.
 

"What hell are you saying?" she became a little irritated. She was really confused of what the hell is going on.

 

"Hon.. you were gone for one month. In that one month, many things happened" she began as her tears starts falling down again.

 

"Straight to the point now, Sakura. You're making me nervous. What is it?" Kaeun became impatient. That one month was really stressing for Kaeun and she really need a long rest tonight.

 

"I'm sorry Kaeun-chan.. I'm sorry. I became careless. I'm sorry" Sakura said almost whispering, head lowered.
 

Her curiosity really messed up. "Just tell me Sakura, please" Kaeun tried to be calm.
 

Sakura looked at her and held her face with her both hands.
 

"I asked you if I can go to Jurina's party and you said no, no I can't because you weren't here to look after me. Then I respected your decision and I understand that. But-"
 

"But what? You still went to that party? You didn't listen to me?" Kaeun voice became louder.  Sakura grew scared she shushed her to calm down.
 

"Hon, listen to me first.. listen to me first.. please.." she said repeatedly.
 

"They went here to fetch me. I already told them that I can't cause you'll get mad --" Sakura was cut off again when Kaeun shouted.
 

"Oh yes, I am now, Sakura!"

 

"Listen to me first please.." Sakura became weak that she rested head onto Kaeun's crook.
 

"Yes, Hon. I went to that party." Kaeun was about to explode again but Sakura held her arms tight. Then she continued.

 

"I thought that they wasted their time coming here for nothing. I felt guilty because I fled."
 

"But still, you should've listen to me."

 

"Yes, yes.. I wish I did. Chaeyeon was also there."

 

That name shocked Kaeun, her eyes went wide, went agape. Her fiancée's ex was also there.

 

"Something happened to us. And I'm pregnant... Hon.. I'm sorry hon.. I'm sorry" Sakura cried harder, hugging Kaeun who was left unmoved.

 

It's like she's hearing sirens in her ears. She heard it clearly but she wanted her to say it again.

 

"Y-you're what?" Kaeun asked, voice cracking.
 

It took time for Sakura to answer but then, she said it again.


"I'm pregnant and it's Chaeyeon's child."

Kaeun broke from the hug and stood up laughing. But it stopped when her anger took over her and she started throwing things. And a scared Sakura was left on the couch.
 

" you! that party! Chaeyeon! proposal! wedding! love! life!"

 

Sakura wanted to stop Kaeun but she's afraid that Kaeun might hurt her. Now that the giraffe is already bleeding.


 

Those picture frames are all on the floor, broken and wasted.

 

Kaeun stopped, she sat on the floor then she broke down, screaming all the s out loud. Breathing heavily.

 

She don't know if she can still forgive Sakura. Her proposal went to waste, her trust, her love, her future.
 

An hour of silence. None of the two spoke.
 

Kaeun was just staring out of nowhere when she began speaking.

 

"What are your plans for the kid?"

 

Sakura was a little surprised but she answered, "Chaeyeon and I have talked about this already."

 

"What does she wants?"

 

Sakura looked at her first before answering.

 

"She said we have to get married. For the sake of the baby."

 

And that hurt the both of them. Kaeun wanted to laugh because Chaeyeon even uses the baby as an excuse.

 

'That was my dream. It was my dream' Kaeun thought, didn't notice the falling tears.
 

"I can still marry you even if you're bringing her child" Kaeun looked at Sakura and their eyes met.

 

"It's Chaeyeon's child, she has obligations" Sakura said.

 

"I am responsible for you, you're my fiancée. We're getting married next week" she tried controlling her anger. She starts tearing lightly.

 

'What have you done, Saku-chan?'
 

Kaeun wanted to shout that question to Sakura but she just can't. She just really love that cherry blossom.

 

Sakura couldn't speak. She was tearing up. She regretted everything.


 

"Marry Chaeyeon. Our wedding, it's my gift for the both of you. You're now engaged to her. I'm no longer your Fiancée. Assume that it's her who gave you that engagement ring"

 

Kaeun gave up already. She stood up. Fixing herself.

 

Sakura could only shake her head. She stood up and came closer to the crying giraffe.

 

She hugged her tight from the back. Whispering her 'sorry'.

 

"Your sorry won't change anything. It won't correct your mistakes" she spoke and Sakura agreed to her that she nodded.

 

Then Kaeun turned around to hug her back.



 

She missed this cherry blossom. She really love her. She's willing to give up anything for her. But there's a one special person that she couldn't give up that easily. It's Sakura.


 

As much as she wanted to fight for Sakura but she has nothing against the child.


 

Sakura hugged her tighter. Sobbing. Regretting. Apologizing. 'Oh '

 

"Hon.. can you please tell me that you love me" Kaeun said making Sakura to look at her but she can't and she don't want.
 

Sakura held both Kaeun's hands and kissed them. She lifted her head only to meet Kaeun's hopeless eyes.

 

"I love you so much Lee Kaeun. My love for you will stay forever even... even if I die" she said and caressed her face.


 

Sakura's bet was wrong. The kiss earlier isn't the last one.

 

Kaeun pulled her for a long and passionate kiss. Sakura pulled her closer, wrapping her arms around Kaeun's neck.

 

And that was their last kiss.

==================================================
(Now playing: Happy For You- Jayda)
yow hoes listen to this one
 

Sakura stopped to hugged her father, whispering her 'thank yous' and Chaeyeon drew closer to them, handshaking and hugged Sakura's father.

 

"Take good care of my daughter, you bear" he whispered and laughed with Chaeyeon which she replied with "I will."


 

Sakura encircled her arm to Chaeyeon's. And the bear starts walking her to the Altar. She looked at Kaeun and smiled at her then she continued walking with Chaeyeon.
 

'This should be you but I messed up' Sakura thought.

 

Kaeun even hesitated to come but she wanted to show Sakura some support.


 

"We gather this morning in the presence of God who is love and which Chaeyeon and Sakura chose for us, takes us right back to creation" the priest began.

 

"Chaeyeon, are you resolved to take Sakura to be your wife,  love and comfort her, honor and protect her, and forsaking all others to be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?" the priest asked.

 

Chaeyeon looked at Sakura with those lovely eyes. "I am" she happily said. The couple smiled at each other.

 

Kaeun wondered if the priest asked her the same question and she will answer it in a scream way. Because she'll be proud marrying the love of her life.

 

' you. Stop daydreaming. It won't happen. Never' Kaeun thought and tried to stop her tears. As long as she can that Sakura is happy then wh-- wait, is Sakura happy?


 

"Sakura, are you resolved to take Chaeyeon to be your husband, to love her, honor her and protect her, and forsaking all others to be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?" its Sakura's turn to answer.


 

She looked at Chaeyeon then she looked at the smiling giraffe, still trying hard to stop her falling tears.

 

'Do you want me to answer it honestly?' she thought as if Kaeun can hear her.

 

But already decided, she decided to her give her last in-love look at Kaeun.

 

'You won't read in my eyes how much I love you and I'm gonna love you for the rest of the my life. But it will remain written in my heart, forever, my love'

A tear dropped on her cheek and it continues to fall when she turn around to face the priest.

 

"I am" she answered and smiled at Chaeyeon.

 

Then there, a lonely, broken, wasted, weak heart Kaeun has. A call stopped her from admiring the two. She walked quietly to the side and answered the call from Yiren.


 

"Is everything okay now?" she asked immediately.

 

'Yes, unnie. Our flight is in 50 minutes, so you have to be here by now' Yiren said concernedly, then Kaeun nodded.
 

'The driver is on the way to pick you up. Stay outside now, please' she added.


 

She immediately went outside, didn't wait for the event to finish. As much as she wanted to ditch her broken heart there, there are still some precious memories she wanted to cherish from the bottom of her heart.

 

Little did the people inside know that the almost groom already left.
 

The broke giraffe was left standing in front of the close doors of the Church. Later on, the car arrived.

 

The driver opened the door of the backseat. Kaeun walked down and about to hopped in when she heard the priest announced, and it made her stop to hear it clearly.
 

"I now announce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride!"

 

It's not just her who stopped. It also made her whole world and her heart stop.
 

She just went inside and the driver starts the car, drove far away from the new wedded couple.
 

She accepted that it will be their last meeting. She never thought that the happy ending she's been asking God for with her dream girl, will never ever come true.
 

Let's not just fall in love again. I will love you forever... Lee Sakura.

 

​​​​​​

-----------------------------------------

im broke lol btw sorry for not updating love takes time :))))) enjoy being sad since 2018 is about to end and 2019 is about to rise. Get yourself together be a better person for next year so you won't blame the next coming years for being unfortunate! Spread love! Advance happy New year!