Unusual

All I Ask

Instead of singing what was originally planned, Solar did the unexpected. A grand piano was on the stage instead of a tall metal pole to the confusion of the other members and the fans. From yesterday's performance, everybody expected that Solar would deliver a hot and jaw-dropping pole dance routine but the change was still welcomed.

 

"Unnie, this isn't part of the original setlist!" Wheein exclaimed to their still silent leader.

 

"Unnie, this is so unlike you. Are you okay?" Asked Hyejin when she reached them, a worried look on her face. Moonbyul, however, remained still at a corner observing their leader.

 

She knew that Solar wouldn't make a last minute change in her performance especially in the middle of their concert. Add that to the fact that Solar was unusually quiet tonight raised a few flags. Moonbyul would be lying if she says she doesn't have an inkling as to why their leader was acting this way. Yet, she said nothing and stayed back. Even when Solar looked at her the entire time the maknaes were questioning her and saw the broken Yongsun on her serene eyes.

 

"I'm fine. I just wanted a change and it's been awhile since I played the piano on stage. Oh and I already told the staff about this so nothing is disrupted or needed to changed." Solar's voice pierced through her thoughts. The members didn't miss the fact that her smile didn't reach her eyes and did nothing to calm their nerves.

 

"Solar, you're on!"

 

"Wish me luck." Solar sighed and walked towards the center of the stage. The skirt of her white gown dragging on the floor and cheers erupted from the fans. The lights were hitting her just right. She looked ethereal with the minimal jewelry, hair flowing in waves over her left shoulder, and the sparkles from her gown. A small but sad smile was on her lips. Everyone thought that she was a beautiful bride and whoever was the man she was going to marry was one lucky person. Except for one.

 

Moonbyul walked towards the maknaes who were standing near the stage. Not near enough to be seen but it provided a great view on what was going to happen.

 

"Unnie, is Yongsun-unnie okay?"

 

Moonbyul was silent, didn't even looked their way. Honestly, they all knew that their Yongsun-unnie isn't but they needed to know why and who better to ask than Moonbyul who knew Yongsun better than Yongsun herself. Moonbyul's silence was unnerving so they decided to just sigh and look at Solar who was already sitting in front of the piano, eyes closed and breathing controlled.

 

The first keys were pressed. It was slow at first, a mere introduction but still held an emotion that was indescribable at first. It built up slowly and she opened her eyes. Yongsun sang.

 

I will leave my heart at the door

 

The audience cheered but quieted down as the atmosphere settled in. Some that knew the song sang along with her. It was an appreciated breather after their previously energetic stages.

 

I won't say a word. They've all been said before you know,

 

Solar opened her eyes and found their way to Moonbyul's. She smiled as she noticed the look of confusion on her beloved's face that was later replaced by realization after she sang the next lines.

 

So why don't we just play pretend
Like we're not scared of what's coming next

 

Ah, this brought her back to a few nights ago.

 

·–·–·–·

Knocking on Byulyi's apartment in the middle of the night while drunk isn't something that Yongsun imagined doing but here she was, wasted and looking absolutely pathetic. So much for trying to move on.

 

"Yong, what–"

 

"Byul, hey. Can I come in?" Yongsun slurred. She's just a little tipsy, or at least, that what she thinks of herself at the moment.

 

"You seriously need to stop drinking late at night, Yong. What if something bad happens to you?" Moonbyul sighed. "What if someone saw you and this, whatever it is you're doing, reach the media? Our careers are on the line, unnie." Evidence of tiredness and resignation was present in her deep and groggy voice.

 

It was as if their roles were reversed. Out of the four of them, she was the one that would scold the others if ever they did something that can ruin their image or their careers.

 

Yongsun frowned. She was never like this before. Then Yongsun remembered.

 

I made her like this.

 

Yongsun, despite herself, smiled. "She's still the same, worrying about her troublesome unnie even after what happened." The drunk woman thought.

 

Moonbyul caught on before she said anything, of course. She knows her well after all. And that's what breaks heart all the more.

 

"Unnie, please stop this. We're already over."

 

"Can I ask for another chance? A chance to take back the pieces and glue us together again? I won't it up, so please..." Solar was already crying and begging. Byul's heart was breaking. She can't keep seeing Yongsun like this again. Her tear-stained face when they broke up already tore her to pieces and she doesn't appreciate another image of Yongsun haunting her.

 

"Unnie, you know we can't do this anymore."

 

"Byul-ah, please just for tonight. I promise this will be the last."

 

"Just for tonight," Byul thought as she kissed Yongsun for the first time after 2 years.

 

They were fools, indeed.


·–·–·–·

 

Tears where threatening to fall from the both of them. It was a memory that both of them treasured and loathed at the same time.

 

They where eachother's rock, other half, and sanctuary. They were eachother's everything. The both of them knew this yet they still fell apart.

 

I don't need your honesty
It's already in your eyes
And I'm sure my eyes, they speak for me

 

Yongsun smiled at this. It was funny how the both of them could read eachother so well. Which was why she wasn't really surprised why the both of them were already crying.

 

No one knows me like you do
And since you're the only one that matters
Tell me who do I run to?

 

The night after they broke up, the both of them didn't know where to go. They were hurt and grew used to relying on eachother for comfort. The kisses, embrace, and affectionate touches from the other was what helped the both of them go through their career despite the unfair treatment of the industry to them.

 

It wasn't surprising when the both of them woke up with severe hangovers in their own trashed apartments and couldn't attend practice the next day.



Look, don't get me wrong
I know there is no tomorrow
All I ask is

 

The morning after the night they made love for the last time was quiet. As always, she would wake up first and stare at the beauty at her side, hair spread around their shared pillow, lips swollen, and the light from the window draping around here features in a way that made her look like an angel. As beautiful Byulyi maybe, it didn't help repress the sorrow from tearing Yongsun's heart.

 

She kissed her one last time, left her heart on the younger's lips, and left. Never looking back with the image of her love peacefully sleeping locked in her mind.

 

Let this be our lesson in love
Let this be the way we remember us

 

They knew that what they have was dangerous. They kept their relationship hidden but they were happy. The maknaes and their staff would often point out they're always in there own world when they're together. They would just laugh it off but smile at eachother in a meaningful way.

 

They were the only ones that knew they completed eachother, and also the ones who knew that they've already fell apart.

 

All I ask is
If this is my last night with you
Hold me like I'm more than just a friend

 

Oh how they greatly wished to go back to the days where they were happy and didn't have to worry about anything.

 

Give me a memory I can use
Take me by the hand while we do what lovers do

 

She was crying so hard, barely keeping her sobs controlled as to not ruin her performance.

 

It matters how this ends

 

She paused. Her eyes never left Byul's throughout the song. It frightens Yongsun how, after everything, she still feels the same tingling in her stomach, the intense beating of her heart.

 

She chuckles. She's really hopeless.

 

'Cause what if I never love again?