01

Memories Of The Alhambra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Granada, Spain

Granada has been raining heavily since early morning that some of Bonita's Hostel guests keep on complaining about not being able to go out and explore the mysterious city due to the heavy rain. But to Heeju, rain is her life saviour. She gets paid more when it rains as the guests are not able to go out, they tend to pay her for their errands such as getting them foods from the cafe nearby. She doesn't mind being drenched in the rain as long as she gets paid. Be it at the end of the city or just the supermart in front of her hostel, she'll definitely rush and go for it. 

Ting!

The hostel door was quacked open, drenched, she makes her way inside and starts unpacking the stuffs that her guests asked for. Water keeps on dripping from her long hair, but it's not even a bother for her. keeps on moving, calculating, and seperating the stuffs according to their respective owners. 

"Sis!" A slap suddenly makes her lose her concentration that she stops and shoot a glare towards the little person who's smiling cheekily towards her.

"Thank god I'm almost done with my work. If not, you're really dead, Minju." She said, continuing her remaining works meanwhile the little sister pouts and look at her sister with such admiration.

"Maybe you can start searching for a boyfriend and start living your life, sis." 

Heeju pretends she doesn't hear what her little sister is saying. She's been repeating the same statement for this past days so she thinks there's no reason why she should literally response since she'll probably listen to the same statement all over again.

After she's done seperating them and labelling them according to their respective owners, she now has come to the end of her task which is putting each of the stuffs right in front of her guests' room accordingly. This is the only thing that she hates because there are exactly 6 floors in her hostel and believe it or not, there's no lift besides stairs so she has to go up and down delivering the stuffs back to back. 

"Let's do this, Heeju!" She said, lifting the first 4 stuffs to the 3rd floor. The hustle and bustle continues until the last stuff which is for the 6th floor. She braces herself and starts hiking the stairs, one by one.

"I can help you with that! You should go, shower and change sis!" Minju shouts when Heeju is exactly at the 4th staircase. 

"No, you go and continue with your study." She said, continuing her paused steps. She did not want her sister to be like her especially going through what she's been doing for the past years since their parents left them. She gave up everything including her prestigious athletic life where she's one of the top hurdle athlete in her university and make her way out of Seoul, starts taking over a hostel in Granada which their parents have left for them. Their parents love Granada and loves travelling, that is the reason why they open up a Korean hostel in this mysterious city. After they died, there's no one who's willing to take over the hostel that Heeju herself has to do so. She did not want all of her parents' efforts to go to waste. So she gives everything up.

She lives with her little sister and little brother, both still a minor. Her little brother is a gamer, he loves game so much that he's rarely seen around the hostel except for when he's hungry. He'll be in his room all the time, playing games on his computer. She did not want to become that one cliche big sister who wants her little brother to stop gaming and starts facing the reality because she knows, as the time goes by, Seju himself will understand what he's supposed to do instead of palying games all the time. So she let him be.

Meanwhile her little s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter