Final~

Wish under mistletoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                            

 

 

Sungyeol was busy finishing his project, pushing back his glasses and slurping the coffee from his big mug, so busy that he did not notice another person sitting beside him.

“When is the deadline?”

Sungyeol yelped at the sudden intruder who only flashed a lopsided smile to him.

“Ah…my heart! I almost got a heart attack.” Sungyeol caught his heart for dramatic effect.

Being all too familiar with his best friend’s antics, Myungsoo rolled his eyes but was cooing from inside, Sungyeol’s surprised expression was just too cute.

 

 

---

 

Sungyeol was tackling Sungjong for something the younger did and Myungsoo was watching them amused. How a grown up man could be that cute was beyond Myungsoo’s understanding. Sungyeol’s laugh could be heard from the hallway itself, Myungsoo loved his spirit.

 

 

---

 

Sungyeol ran and jumped on Myungsoo when he won the high jump competition during the sports week at their university.

Myungsoo was glad that his best friend was the winner.

But his heart was beating louder and he was feeling the heat creep up his cheeks when the elder of the two kissed his cheeks due to extreme happiness.

He thought it must be the adrenaline running since he had just finished his marathon as well.

 

---

 

All the Christmas decorations were on the floor when Myungsoo entered their dorm room.

He didn’t have time to dwell on the thought much when a loud shriek was heard from his roommate.

“Myungsoo, pass me the scissor fast.”

Sungyeol had climbed the tall ladder and was hanging the mistletoe in the ceiling.

“It’s just last week of November, Yeol. Isn’t it too early for all these?”

At this Sungyeol pouted, he freaking pouted and made Myungsoo’s heart do somersault.

“It’s already last week of November, Soo. We had to do this at the beginning of the month.”

Myungsoo could never catch up with Sungyeol’s excitement.

“Let’s see who would be the first to be under the mistletoe. I wish to see Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun kissing each other here. Those two seriously need to get the gut and propose, the tension between them is making me suffocate…urgh.”

“I agree.” Myungsoo joined him laughing.

 

 

---

 

Myungsoo did all the things he could do to be under the mistletoe so that he could taste those soft lips.

When he hears the door knob of Sungyeol’s room open, he too went out just to come under the mistletoe at the same time, but that never happened, either he was slow, or fast, or Sungyeol went to washroom instead of kitchen. Myungsoo wanted to go and cry in his room hiding under his duvet seeing all these failures.

 

 

Yes, Myungsoo loved Sungyeol, from the very first time they were introduced to each other. But over the period of time, they became close friends and Myungsoo knew that Sungyeol was a free kind of person so, falling in love was not his cup of tea.

So, he didn’t want to risk their friendship for the feeling he had grown.

 

---

 

That was the umpth time Myungsoo had sighed loudly that day.

“What’s your problem dude?” Woohyun asked worried for his friend.

“Nothing much, just I am pitying my sad life.” The sandwich tasted horrible.

“Is this about Sungyeol again?” It was an easy guess, because Myungsoo had been mopping about his crush almost daily.

“Please take my first advice and go propose him. I am sure he will gladly accept you.”

Myungsoo let out a loud grunt.

“You know how Sungyeol is, Hyun, he always says I don’t need boyfriend to love, I am happy as I am.”

“Maybe he has this big ego that does not allow him to say so. But have you noticed how he is a different person around you, he certainly loves you.”

“He is my best friend so, he is comfortable around me, that does not mean he loves me Hyun.” Myungsoo sounded so defeated.

Woohyun wanted to pull out all his hair because how dumb can Myungsoo be, the world can see Sungyeol is in love with the said boy.

“Please, for our friendship’s sake, can you talk to Yeol honestly about this today itself? If anything goes wrong tell him, you lost the challenge and it was dare by me, simple.” Woohyun was growing impatient hearing his friend’s rant every day.

If it was that simple. Myungsoo mumbled to himself.

 

 

---

 

When he reached the room and saw Sungyeol hugging a big Ryan and cuddled in the blanket looking all squishy, he thought of how would it be  to cuddle together with Yeol, how would it be to replace Ryan with himself, how would it be to see Sungyeol from up close. So, he mustered all his courage and asked his best friend crush, “Yeol, I have a feeling that someone is going to propose you this Christmas. If you accept the proposal, you could cuddle with him, instead of Ryan.”

“No thanks. I don’t need another partner.”

Myungsoo was crestfallen but hide it with a smile. Such direct NO.

 

---

 

“What a lame way of asking, if you would had been more direct, he would have told YES. He does not want ANOTHER partner, because he wants only you.”  Woohyun didn’t know if he should laugh at his idiot friend or cry at the situation.

 

---

 

So, since it was out of trying to be his boyfriend, Myungsoo wanted to kiss Sungyeol once, even if it sounds a desperate plea. So, there he was hanging mistletoes everywhere possible, above the door frame, above the kitchen counter, above the computer desk, but it just happens that they are never there together.

Sungyeol had even kissed Minseok, who was a rare comer to their dorm, but never a single time he was caught under mistletoe with Sungyeol.

 

“Why did you put so many mistletoes Soo?” Sungyeol asked when he had to kiss Neil under the door frame.

“They look pretty so.” Myungsoo shrugged and dashed towards his room unable to calm his frustration.

 

 

---

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter