Question

Timeless

“Wooo! Feeldog oppa!!! You’re so cool!” We ended our stage and went back stage. The rest of the members slowly walked towards the back stage as they waved to the audience. Rockhyun hyung handed everyone water bottles as we walked into the waiting room.

“Good job everyone!” Feeldog went around patting everyone’s back. I smiled at him and shook his hand.

“You too, hyung.” We joined the rest of the team in the waiting room. The screen showed our results and then the next team prepared for their turn. We watched two stages before Daewon hyung’s team came on. It was weird to see him with blue hair since I’ve always seen him with brown or black hair.

“Please enjoy our stage “Question”! We worked really hard on the choreography so please give us a lot of votes!” The team bowed to the audience before they started their stage. Once it started, I couldn’t take my eyes off of them. The song had a nice tempo and the dance was intriguing. Daewon-hyung sang nicely and I smiled at the thought of him being skilled in something other than dancing.

 

The stage ended, and everyone cheered for them. It was nice to see him perform again with a smile on his face. They moved off stage and walked into the waiting room. They sat and watched the results of the voting.

“Let’s show the votes for the stages. Who will be in first place?” The votes came up and last was revealed first until it came down to the top two. “Ooo, it’s between ‘Question’ and ‘All Day’! Show us the results!” The screen flipped between the two until ‘All Day’ was shown in all caps with the most votes.

“Congrats Yellow team!” The yellow team jumped up and rejoiced. I looked at Daewon hyung’s team and saw the slight disappointment on their faces. We wrapped up the filming and returned to our dorms. I went to the bathroom and overheard a conversation.

“We were so close too.”

“I know Geon, it’s okay second place is still good.” I peered into the restroom and saw Geon and Daewon talking.

“Yeah, I should be happy still. At least we performed together.” They smiled at each other and Daewon patted his back.

“I’m going to go back first, take your time Geon.” Daewon walked towards the exit and froze when he saw me. He quickly looked away and kept on walking.

 

“Hey, your stage was good. Congrats on second place, it’s better than last place.” I smiled at him but he kept walking on.

“Hyung, you can’t ignore me forever. We’ll have to talk evetually.” He stopped and turned around. He was going to speak before Geon came out of the bathroom.

“What’re you guys doing? Daewon, I thought you left a while ago.” He looked towards me with an interested look on his face. “Do you know him?” Daewon shook his head and grabbed onto Geon’s shoulder.

“Nope, he was just asking me a simple question about dancing. Let’s go.” He stared at me one last time before leaving with Geon. Geon had a puzzled look but followed Daewon. I let out a sigh. I was determined to get into a group with him.

 

After a round of eliminations, it was time for the final stage. We were split into two different groups and were allowed to pick the top three contestants we wanted to be with. I was ecstastic at the thought of being able to pick your own members. Not only could I choose talented members to be with, I could finally be on Daewon hyung’s team.

“So, each person will walk into the building and pick up a card with their name. It will have a color on there and you will go to the designated room for your team. Each of your members will then come into your room and then we will reveal what song you got.” We all nodded and the first few contestants went in. My turn came up and I picked up my card which said blue so I went to the assigned room and was greeted by some familiar faces.

 

We sat waiting for the rest of the members to come in. Every time another person walked in, I hoped it would be Daewon. After four people, I began to think that he was probably on the other team since there was no way for him to choose me to be on his team. The next person came in while I dejectedly looked down onto the floor.

“Daewon hyung!!” I looked up and saw him walk into the room.

“Dongmyeong! I’m so glad to be on a team with you again.” He scanned the room until he locked eyes with me. He looked stunned but he continued to greet the others. I stood up to greet him but he dodged me and went to talk to the others. As I walked to talk to him, others started to pile in and everyone got really rowdy. We all sat down as one the producers gave up a card with our song on it.

“Alright, we got ‘Pull me in’!” Everyone got up and started cheering. I hugged and cheered with the others and watched as Daewon stood in the corner of the room laughing at the others who were dancing and cheering their heads off. I walked towards him. I stuck out my hand towards him.

“I’ll be looking forward to working with you, team mate.” I smiled at him as he looked at me with a perplexed expression.