"You Are My Happy Ending"

"You Are My Happy Ending"

LeeSuJi is a normal student . She is pretty , but just pretty . Seeing her face doesn't make everyone goes crazy because she herself is quiet crazy . People who are friend of her know who actually she is . She looks mature but with a heart of a child . However , she might seems normal but she have one ability since she was kid . Seeing and touch things that even normal people can't do . One night , SuJi was invited to sleepover at SinB place since she was staying alone .

 

“ Where did your parents go ?”, asked YeIn .

“ Ah , they said that they were going to get my siblings . Urgh , I didn't want siblings ” , all of her friends laugh out loud .

“ Yeah , I don't like it too . I hate it” , answered SuJi .

“ My parents always blamed me when he did a problem at school . Well , excuse me . I'm not a school student , I'm a college student . Did I ever have time to take care of my brother who already aged enough to know which are good or bad ?” , said YeIn annoyingly.

“Luckily , I never get the blame . But , since she is prettier than me , now my classmate want to have her number .” , said SuJi while unwrapped the potato chips .

“ So , did you gave them ?” , asked SinB .

“Of course” , while eating .

“ Did your sister received any message or calls from them ?” , asked YeIn .

“ Of course never . I gave them a number that didn't exist at all” , they laughed .

“ Yeah , I hate the facts that she is way prettier than me but she is my sister first . I don't want my sister to be their victim because I already know all of their manner .They are almost in everything .” , she uncap the carbonate drinks.

“They always made the girls like us to do their work . When we asked about the reason of why we should did that , they answered that they were busy with other things . Oh , please . Later , they were caught including of my brother , were clubbing” , continued YeIn .

“I got all the blame of my brother but later , I never trust guys when they were saying that they have other things to do”, while stealing potato chips from SuJi .

 

They keep on talking about things until 2 am in the morning . Later , SinB took out almost everything in her room and brought it to the living room . They decided to sleep there and ready at their own sleep place . Before sleeping , SinB wanted to play a game .

 

“ How about a game before we go to sleep ?” , SinB asked excitedly .

“ I don't care as long as it's not a ghost game . I have a weak heart” , said YeIn.

“ Can I recommend ?” , all eyes were on SuJi .

“ 'Say After Me' game .” , 2 of them were kind of off since they never heard that kind of game .

 

Say After Me is a ghost game but it is not legendary as other ghost game . It required others to sit in circle and amount of people in the game must be more than 1 . By following the order , they must said what they dislike the most about themselves and others must repeated what they said for 3 times .

 

As an example , “ Say After Me , I hate ...” .

 

However , they must listen carefully to every word of others . If they are lucky , one of them will heard differently as others . At that time , that one person will know that another person had joined the game .

 

It's a Lonely Man . Lonely Man is the guy who hate to be alone , always wanted to be friend with others but end up killing himself after being alone for a long time .

 

The consequences of the game , the chosen one will see and feel the existence of the Lonely Man . Start from that day , he/she have to be friend with the Lonely Man only and not others unless you make him happy . When he/she start to feel uncomfortable with Lonely Man , they will end up being sad and alone for their lifetime.

 

“ You didn't made up the game , right ?” , asked SinB .

“No , my uncle played this game once during high school . He was the one that listened differently from others . He said that the Lonely Man is a really a good man , he won't disturb others but once you start to be friend with him , he won't let go that easy . He succeed on making the lonely man happy but only after they became close to each others which took for almost 3 years . For that 3 years also , he didn't have a reality friend due to that Lonely Man . ”, answered SuJi .

“Pity him . I wonder why he was end up like that if he were a good man . I bet no one knows right .So , who is excited ? Cause I'm !” , SuJi raised her hand but YeIn still hesitated.

“Come on ,it's not going to be creepy . Well , it's not involve with life . But we might have to prepare to be separated for quiet a time .” , SuJi explained .

“Alright , fine .” , YeIn raised her hand hesitantly .

 

They sit in circle and start the game . Each of them said what they dislike the most about themselves . It was YeIn turns but SuJi was the one that heard wrongly . YeIn said that , she hate herself of being shy but SuJi heard another voice that said , “Say After Me , I hate being lonely” . At that time , she knew that she had been chosen and she stopped the game .

 

At the next day , SuJi went back to her home by herself . On her way back , she was stopped by a figure of a guy .

“I'm the Lonely Man , your friend” , since SuJi have another special ability which allowed her to see his face , she stopped her step .

“Really ? How come a ghost be so good looking ?” , asked SuJi .

 

She tried to relax herself since she knew that she was the chosen one.

SuJi and the Lonely Man got to know each other day by day . The Lonely Man told about his story from the beginning till the end of his life . Like her uncle said , she had to make the Lonely Man happy to make him disappear. However, SuJi fell for his life story .

The Lonely Man was a happy man until that one time , he was kidnapped by a group of bad guy that had urged on his parents and being strayed and locked in an old warehouse . At that time , he was the same age as her . In that warehouse , only darkness that accompany him . When he unused of being alone , he tried to adapt himself by playing with himself . Since he always played with himself , only the voice that without a face was accompanying him . He was too immersed until a voice called him he won't be alone again if he died . When his parents came to save him , it's already too late that he killed himself .

SuJi tried to make him felt that happiness again . She tried everything because it's not even his fault that he died alone . Unknowingly , they fell for each other . The Lonely Man was fell for her attempts of trying to make him happy . Seeing that she always smile at him , it felt so unreal and thought it was not for him since he just a ghost .

 

She said that , “ I knew this is weird for both of us but people already knew that I'm crazy . So , let them be and I'll keep on trying until that one day , you won't forget about me after you left and don't disturb others anymore .”

 

At that time , he knew that she is different . The things that he never felt before , finally , he felt it .

 

Until one day , that was the last day they met . But SuJi didn't knew about it . Before he disappeared ,The Lonely Man just came to her said to her that , “I died alone and without any love from others but you let me felt that all at once . How I can thanks to you for that ?”

“You don't need to . You already made me feels the things I never felt before . I never pushed myself of making someone to be happy . You're one of the hardest job that I ever did but you are also the one that made me realized that not everyone with a nice start will have a happy ending . But I wishes that this is your happy ending .” , while smiling at him

“You are my happy ending , SuJi-shi .” , he walks closer to her and treasured her face for last time . He gave her kiss before disappearing completely .

 

The Lonely Man never appeared again after that .

 

Until now ,I tried to forget him . But I can't ..

I knew so much about him …

How hard of his life when he was alive …

Like if I was him , I will kill myself too for that ...

 

“SuJi-ah , are you okay ?” , SinB and YeIn are sitting in front of me while holding to my hand .

 

It's weird …

It's my wedding day but it doesn't feel so right …

 

“We know you didn't want this . We believed that Lonely Man would be sad too if he knew this , but , he is the guy that living in another world .”, said SinB .

 

Tears are falling through her cheek . The eyebag as the prove of the sleepless night . Both of them hugs her . They knew what she had been through to get through her life . How much she wanted to meet him one more time until she dare try to kill herself . Even her family called her crazy but to her friend , who knew everything won't dare to say a thing about that . Fall in love with a man that died long time ago even they didn't met in reality life is making her life hard . She cries harder .

 

“It's time” , said the wedding timekeeper .

“SuJi-ah , you are lucky of having someone like him . Your future husband is very understanding of you . He never thought that you are crazy . Live well , okay ? If you remind him all of sudden , come to us okay ? We'll always be there .” , they pat her back and wipe her tears .

“Don't cry , you looks ugly .” , SuJi smiles and collects her strength to go out of the room .

“Let's go .” , they walk hand in hand out of the room before her father is taking over to the wedding hall .

 

As she walks on the aisle , she sees his future husband face is smiling while waiting for her . Her father is handing her over to him to start the wedding vow .After both of them are agreeing on the wedding vow, they were asked to kiss each other and they kissed . They take pictures for memory with their family and friends . Then , when they are about to walk out from the hall , SuJi is approach by unfamiliar woman .

 

“I'm the Lonely Man's sister” , that strikes SuJi and she had been knew her since the Lonely Man introduces her from afar.

 

Her husband is talking with his friend , so , she takes that time to have a talk with that woman .

 

“My brother told me everything about you before he was disappeared for the eternal life . He said he was already happy at that time and I really wanted to thanks to you but I didn't knew how to . Thanks to you too , now my brother is not a game anymore . He already felt loved that he never felt before . Thanks for always loving him even he wasn't with us anymore . I wanted to give you my gift but this is not the right time . Calls me when you are free .” , as the woman takes out her name card with her phone number .

“Sure .” , she receives that and the woman leaves the place .

 

It had been months since she got married . She had been gone to honeymoon and until now , her life is being better than before . Her husband always being there when she need a shoulder to lean on. Finally , her husband let her loose for once to go out with others since she is about to deliver their child soon .Her husband send her to a restaurant and she is waiting for that woman . Then , she arrived and they depart to a place .

 

As they arrive at the place , “Memorial ?”

That woman is smiling and take her to a place , “Come on , my brother is waiting .”

 

She is confuse at first but she finally get it .

 

“This is the gift that I promised earlier .” , the woman said

 

SuJi walks slowly to a memorial that have a picture of him . The picture had a bright smile of him that she always longing for . Finally , she get to meet him in reality . Finally , she get to know his name . Finally , she saw his smiles .

 

Again , she is missing him that she cries .