Uno

YOLO (You Only Love Once)

It was a cloudy sunday morning when Jong in decided to walk into their neighborhood , wishing to find something interesting that can make his sleepy awake. Nothing particular. It's just another semester break that Jong In somehow , doesn't like , merely because he doesn't have any allowance to spend with. He put his gray hoody with the print that reads "YOLO: You only love once" and he likes to think that it's his guiding philosphy in life. Being single , but not ready to mingle ,in his 22 years of life is not a thing for him anymore. He just got to the feeling of being alone , not that he's a loner nor introvert but he like to take it as , "waiting for someone who can make red apples  turn blue". 
Smile  gosted  in his lips as he check his self in the mirror. 

Perfect. 

A little twist and turn and he somewhat actually believes that he's the most handsome human being in their neighborhood. 

And that , he heard his dog barks in agreement , in his belief. He pause for a minute from admiring his looks and came to see what janggu is barking at. Walking closer and closer to the open door, he saw a rather small man with  a strikingky bald head in his back yard. He thought for a second  until he realized that there is no single person in his neighborhood who's as bald as him. The guy looked like a light bulb in his very honest opinion.  Curiousity picks him up as he go to the man , now kneeling , looking at the ground as if it's the most interesting sight in the world. 

Jong In chose to clear his throath to catch the attention of the intruder. 

The obiously smaller man looked up from what he is looking at ,  straighten his body , and stare at Jong In's eyes. 

He felt a sudden feeling of uneasiness as he met the boy's eyes , cold as the winter blows and as sharp as an arrow piercing through his soul. 

Man what a great irony. He felt  proud of himself. 

Jongin thought that his eyes are the only thing that can surprise him but his voice clearly made him wrong. It's deep but at the same time as sweet honey like when he says , " Sorry. I though the worms in your background are pretty." 

He thought for good five seconds if he heard it right. 

"Sorry come again , did you just said worms?" Jong In tries to clarify. 

The boy just stare at him as if he was the dumbest thing on earth. It gives him enough time to examine the boy's feature. He is small but not too small for his height just a cute kind of small , if there's a thing like that. The boy also wears a black hoody that somewhat looks a lot bigger than his size that made him look small even more. His face is still blank , doe eyes looking straight at him and lips tight as 180' straight line. 

"Yea worms. Don't you find them attractive? " the boy says notchantly. 

This time , Jong Im heard it loud and clear that he wished that he should have not heard it. 

"AHHhm I thought you are more attractive than them?" He said , tilting his head and internally scolding himself for what he said. 
But the boy doesn't seem affected because he didn't even loose his straight face as he make his way to leave. Jong In was left dumbfounded but was taken a back when he hear him say something. 

"Kyungsoo is the name if you're wondering. Microbiologist who live accross to your house. Thanks for the compliment but I don't find you the same." The manage to say without looking back at him. He thought he is cute from behind not until what his words sink in his mind. 

Did je just insult me?

Rather than insulted , he find his own heart beating faster than the usual. 

YOLO? 

-