The Fateful Meet between Minho and Yuri

Tell Me Goodbye

One Year Earlier…

 

A TV AD showed a great segment of Rain’s meteoric rise to fame…

 

“The entertainment world was going into a buzz because Hollywood finally found their new leading, action star which was Jung Ji Hoon or ‘Rain’ for short. His fame skyrocketed after he premiered with the hit action movie, ‘Ninja Assassin,’ and the world wanted more. His home country, Korea, received him with open arms and even the President rewarded him with a ’letter of recognition.’ Ji Hoon was on top of the world and his fame would expand greatly when he was linked up with y Korean Supermodel and Singer, Kwon Yuri.”

 

On the TV screen…

 

“So, Ji Hoon, how does it feel to be the iest man of 2010 in Korea?” asked the female host.

 

The females in the crowd began to swoon. Ji Hoon smiled.

“Well since I’m ‘Rain,’ and I’m the biggest star alive right now, being y just comes with the territory,” said  Ji Hoon arrogantly.

 

The crowd laughed and cheered for Ji Hoon.

 

“And for you, Yuri, how does it feel to be the woman that every other woman envies?” asked the host.

 

Yuri smiled and answered.

 

“I don’t mean to make anyone jealous but love can very mysterious and I guess Ji Hoon and I were destined,” said Yuri.

 

The crowd cheered. Ji Hoon slowly moved closer to Yuri and gave her a quick peck on the cheek to show the fans their love for each other. Yuri giggled and hit Ji Hoon on the shoulder. The crowd cheered and gave a loud applause.

 

Yet beneath their so-called “love story,” Ji Hoon and Yuri weren’t much of couple. Because of the high demand of Ji Hoon, he could barely spend any time with Yuri. Yuri was constantly left behind during overseas shooting and when Ji Hoon was home, he was constantly on the phone. Yuri despised their relationship yet she had to stay in it due to the publicity needed to boost her failing career. Her manager advised her to keep up with Ji Hoon. Yuri was slowly growing weaker. She wanted to escape.

 

One day, Yuri was finally able to persuade Ji Hoon to take her out to the countryside to visit his family’s farm. Finally when the day came for them to venture off to the province, Ji Hoon received a surprise schedule for commercial shooting. Ji Hoon quickly apologized and persuaded Yuri to go ahead, with her friend Jessica, to visit his family’s farm and that he would catch up the next day.

 

“I can’t believe it, Ji Hoon!” screamed Yuri.

 

“Just go ahead, alright? I’ll meet you there tomorrow afternoon. Just take Jessica with you,” said Ji Hoon.

 

Ji Hoon stepped out of the penthouse and hurried to the shooting. Yuri slowly slumped down on the couch and dialed up Jessica’s number.

 

“Jessica? It’s Yuri. What are you doing this weekend?”

 

“Nothing at all, why? Are we clubbing?”

 

“No, we’re going to Ji Hoon’s village. He said it’s very romantic.”

 

“Well, why don’t you two go? Why me?”

 

“He has to do a shooting. Can you just come along so I won’t get lonely?”

 

“Fine…”

 

“I’ll pick up at noon ok? Bye!”

 

“Ok! Bye!”

 

Yuri hung up. She slowly rose up and approached the living room mirror. She stared at herself. She felt so ashamed to be with Ji Hoon. He was very possessive and cold. She questioned why she still remained in such a relationship.

 

“It’s for Mom…” whispered Yuri.

 

She fixed her hair and gathered her belongings. She got into her car and drove to Jessica’s to pick her up.

 

On the train

 

Ji Hoon rented out a private carriage for Yuri so she wouldn’t be hassled by any paparazzi or fans. They would take at least 3 hours to arrive so the two girls sat comfortably and stared out the windows. Jessica was simply at awe.

 

“I can’t believe Ji Hoon treats you like this! Taecyeon never does anything for me!” exclaimed Jessica.

 

Yuri gave a small smile and turned back to the window. She saw how the ocean and the sun mixed together outside the train. She felt like she was in shackles. She felt like she needed to be free. What she didn’t expect was at her destination, destiny would be waiting for her.

 

The Sea Town of Jindo

 

The train came to a stop and everyone slowly evacuated. The girls waited until everyone left and was escorted by the conductor. As they stepped out, the conductor tipped his cap and waved goodbye. Jessica smirked.

 

“Did you see that guy? He DEFINITELY wanted me,” said Jessica.

 

Yuri shrugged and giggled. The two girls pulled their rolling luggage and walked to the main lobby of the train station. The place was deserted. There were no fans or paparazzi ready to leap out and devour them. The only thing they could hear are the light footsteps of the townspeople and sounds of seagulls hovering over. They could smell the saltiness of the sea all around them. Suddenly, they were approached by an elderly couple. Yuri smiled.

 

“Mama! Papa! Nice to see you finally!” exclaimed Yuri.

 

The elderly blushed and gave Yuri a hug. Jessica awkwardly watched beside Yuri.

 

“Aren’t you going to introduce me?” complained Jessica.

 

“Oh yes! Mama, Papa, here’s the beautiful Jessica! You know the famous teen make-up model, yes?” asked Yuri.

 

The elderly couple simply smiled and bowed to her.

 

“Oh, you shouldn’t have, Yuri,” said Jessica.

Before Yuri could let out another giggle, she felt a tug at her luggage. She turned around and saw the warmest smile ever.

 

“I’ll take your luggage,” said the young man.

 

Yuri was confused and Jessica gave a sly smile.

 

“Thank you, son,” said Papa.

 

“Son?” asked Yuri.

 

“Yes, he’s Ji Hoon’s younger brother, Minho,” said Papa.

 

“Wow…I’m gonna like it here…” whispered Jessica.

 

Minho bowed and brought the girls’ luggage to the small pickup truck. Yuri stared as Minho lifted the luggage into the truck. His bronze skin and toned muscles. Yuri suddenly felt infatuated. She shook her head to wake herself up.

 

“This truck is very small. How do you plan to fit us all?” asked Jessica.

 

“Don’t worry, darling, Papa and I will be picking up some groceries so Minho will bring you home and return for us,” said Mama.

 

“Aww, you shouldn’t, Mama, Jessica and I will help,” said Yuri.

 

Jessica pinched Yuri at the waist and pointed with her lips at her to look at Minho.

 

“Don’t worry, Mama and I will be back soon. Just get home and get organized,” said Papa.

 

The two girls smiled, bowed, and entered the truck. As they entered, the truck had single row seat so they had to sit all together. Jessica sat at the middle and Yuri sat next to the window.

 

“Sorry if it’s crammed,” said Minho.

 

“Gosh, you would think that Ji Hoon would at least send money down here to buy you guys a nicer truck!” complained Jessica.

 

Yuri pinched Jessica at her thigh and smiled towards Minho. Minho smiled back and began to drive. Jessica gave a stinging stare to Yuri then smiled.

 

“He’s cute,” whispered Jessica to Yuri.

 

“Come on, he’s my boyfriend’s younger brother,” whispered back Yuri.

 

“Come on, it’s ok to look,” whispered back Jessica.

 

Yuri looked up at the rear view mirror and caught Minho looking at her. He broke contact quickly and focused on the road. Yuri smiled and suddenly felt excited.

 

The Jungs’ Farm

 

The truck slowly rolled up the hill. The home was two stories and very old-fashioned. It reminded Yuri of the old, historic temples of Korea. The home was well-maintained and newly painted. Ji Hoon often spoke of his family’s farm and how he would send back money to pay for maintenance. Yuri agreed that Ji Hoon really kept up with his promise.

 

Minho parked in front of the house and took the luggage from the trunk. Yuri and Jessica stepped out and stood on the dusty road. Jessica began to start slapping herself.

 

“Oh my god! Mosquitoes!” screamed Jessica.

 

“Quickly! Inside!” yelled Minho.

 

They quickly scrambled into the house. Minho brought the luggage upstairs to the guest room. Yuri and Jessica took a look around the house as Minho was upstairs.

 

“This place reminds me of my hometown. A small farming village, far outside the city limits,” said Yuri.

 

“I thought you were from Seoul?” asked Jessica.

 

“Well that’s what my manager wants me to say,” said Yuri.

 

Minho returned downstairs. The two girls looked up and smiled.

 

“Sorry for the hassle. The guest room is ready for you so if you want to freshen up, you are my guest,” said Minho.

 

“Thank you,” said Yuri.

 

The two girls walked up the stairs and entered the guest room. Minho looked up as they went upstairs. He couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed with the situation. He was housing two supermodels. They were the most beautiful girls in Korea. He shook off his smile and hurried outside to finish his farm work.

 

Yuri and Jessica sat on their beds. Jessica frowned.

 

“It’s so small,” whispered Jessica.

 

“Oh come on, Jessica, its better inside than outside being eaten alive by mosquitoes,” replied Yuri.

 

Jessica brushed off Yuri’s comment then gave her a devilish smile.

 

“I bet you and Ji Hoon were supposed to be here together, inside this VERY room,” said Jessica.

 

Yuri threw her pillow at Jessica.

“You’re so dirty you know that!” yelled Yuri.

 

Jessica laughed and threw the pillow back.

 

“It’s ok! You’re a couple! It’s natural to do FUNNY stuff together, right?” Jessica asked.

 

Yuri frowned and stared out the window.

 

“My goodness, Yuri, you guys haven’t…”

 

“Leave it alone, will you?”

 

“Wow…really?

 

“Ji Hoon never has time to DO anything…”
 

“But never?”

 

Yuri looked back at Jessica and frowned. She went back to looking out the window and caught Minho driving the tractor. She stared as he brushed his hair back. His hair was long, wavy, and dark brown. She felt his kindness from the way he spoke and gave eye contact to her. He was a lot different than Ji Hoon.

 

“I’m going to shower,” said Jessica.

 

Jessica took her clothes and left for the bathroom. Yuri fell back on the bed. She began to wonder why Ji Hoon sent her to the farm. She was confused if she should complain or thank him. Yuri has always wanted to visit his farm because it strongly resembled her humble beginnings at her village. Yuri rested her head on the pillow and slowly dozed off.

 

Minho turned the tractor off and slowly climbed down. As he looked up, Jessica was standing in front of him, with towel wrapped around her body and another wrapped around her hair.

 

“Excuse me, you’re hot water isn’t working,” said Jessica.

 

Minho blushed and bowed.

 

“Sorry, I’ll fix it quickly,” said Minho.

 

Minho heads to the back of the house to turn on the boiler.

 

“Ok! It’s ready now!”

 

Jessica smiled and stepped back into the house. As she walked back into the bathroom, she began to giggle.

 

“I bet he couldn’t take his eyes off me,” she giggled.

 

She looked out the bathroom window and saw Minho cutting wood.

 

“Oh dear, you’ll be mine…ALL mine…” whispered Jessica.

 

Chapter  1 end