Prologue

Tell Me Goodbye

Prologue

 

It was a dark and windy night. The city was sound asleep and the only thing that could be heard is the dreadful whistling of the wind. A dark truck pulls up at the front side of the hotel. Two men, dressed in dark suits and dark hats, step out and proceed into the old hotel.

 

They approach the front desk and see the manager was sleeping at his desk. The coast was clear so the two men entered the elevator and headed to the 9thfloor. While in the cramped elevator, they pulled out their revolvers and checked if they carried enough ammunition.

 

“You sure it’s the 9thfloor?” asked the first man.

 

“Yes, that’s what the HE said,” responded the second man.

 

The elevator hit the 9thfloor and the doors slowly slid open. They stepped out and inspected their surroundings. The floor was damp from the leaking pipes from above. The wallpaper was stained and worn out from age. The lights were constantly flickering giving the hallway an eerie feeling.

 

“How could ‘the boy’ take her here?” said the first man.

 

“He didn’t want to be found, that’s all,” answered the second man.

 

The two men slowly crept through the hallway with their weapons armed and ready. The heaviness of their breathing could be heard and their anxiety could be felt. They separated and started putting their ears to the doors so they could hear if anyone occupied the rooms. Door by door, they listened closely for any sobbing or suspicious whispering. The second man approached a door, listened, and signaled to the first man. The second man removed his mask.

 

“I think I heard HIS voice,” said Siwon.

 

The first man pulls his mask off.

 

“Are you sure it’s HIM?” responded Taecyeon.

 

They both placed their ears closer to the door to listen. They heard a low sobbing of a woman and a man trying to silence her. They both looked up to each other and smiled.

 

“I think we got them,” said Siwon.

 

“You ready?” asked Taecyeon.

 

They both cocked their revolvers and began to slowly count to three.

 

“1…2...3!!!”

 

They simultaneously kicked the door down.

 

Minho quickly embraced Yuri and looked up to the gunmen. Yuri’s makeup was smeared across her eyes from all the tears they cried. Minho slowly whispered something into her ears that quickly silenced her.

 

“Well then, it looks like you two LOVEBIRDS have been caught!” announced Taecyeon.

 

Siwon quietly stands next to Taecyeon with his gun aimed directly at Minho.

 

“Please…don’t do this…” begged Yuri.

 

“Yuri, baby, business is business. There’s nothing personal,” said Taecyeon.

 

“Why?! Doing this job won’t solve a thing!” screamed Minho.

 

“We have love ones too that depend on us. It’s tough to understand but I need to feed my kids. I’m sorry,” said Siwon.

 

Minho slowly stood up and Yuri stood behind him. The two gunmen quickly turned their aim towards Minho’s face.

 

“I know you are both here because HE sent you but let me tell you that if you ever felt TRUE love then, you would do the same thing. Am I right?” asks Minho.

 

Taecyeon smirked.

 

“How touching but, sorry, I must have fallen asleep during ‘Romeo and Juliet’,” teased Taecyeon.

 

Both of the men brought their pistols up and prepared to fire on Minho. Yuri moved in front of Minho with her arms spread open.

 

“If you going to kill him then take me too!” screams Yuri.

 

“Move Yuri!” screams Siwon.

 

There was single, fatal gunshot that rung out. Yuri screamed. The scene slowly faded into black.