one

christmas cookies

They were back at the dorm after their Christmas VLIVE, playing around and laughing as per usual.

 

Minjoo was in the kitchen decorating some cookies that she had baked--

 

--Okay, maybe Chaeyeon had baked them (for some reason the girls didn’t trust Minjoo in the kitchen), but that was beside the point.

 

Anyways, she was decorating cookies that Chaeyeon had made when she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist, momentarily distracting her from her intense decorating. After pausing for a second, she continued decorating her cookies, albeit with a slight blush on her cheeks.

 

The figure wrapped around her proceeded to put their head on Minjoo’s shoulder, humming in greeting as they watched her delicately draw a smiley face with icing.

 

“What do you want, Chaewon?” Minjoo tried to say snarkily (it came out way more shy and embarrassed than she intended).

 

Chaewon hummed again before snuggling in deeper into Minjoo’s neck.

 

“Your decorating is ugly.”

 

Minjoo rolls her eyes and tries to will the smile away from her face.

 

“You’re ugly,” Minjoo retorts as she soothes her hurt cookies with more lines of icing.

 

She feels Chaewon smile against her neck before she sees her hand destroy one of her pieces of art, smearing the icing on her finger and bringing it up to her lips.

 

After she it off her finger, she does the same thing again except, this time, she smears the icing on Minjoo’s cheek.


 

Chaewon grins cheekily as Minjoo slowly turns around to face her while still being locked in her embrace.

 

“Hey! How dare you!” Minjoo says with one hand on Chaewon’s arm and the other probing her chest in quick jabs, accentuating each word.

 

“It was too ugly,” Chaewon replies with another cheeky grin.

 

This little---

 

“You don’t get any cookies!” Minjoo pouted, crossing her arms.

 

“Hey! You didn’t even make them!” Chaewon shot back.

 

“I’m enhancing them; it’s half the work!”

 

Chaewon rolled her eyes and used two fingers to wipe the icing off of Minjoo’s cheek (Minjoo hopes she couldn’t feel how warm her cheeks were) before it off her fingers, spinning around and plopping down on the couch.

 

“Ok, chef, hurry and up finish so we can watch this movie,” Chaewon called, pouting slightly.

 

It was Minjoo’s turn to roll her eyes as she turned back towards her work with a smile on her face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Minjoo finally finished decorating the cookies, admiring her work with a proud grin.

 

She placed a few on a plate and headed towards Chaewon who was now sitting down with her back against the couch, a blanket wrapped snugly around her. She seemed to be really engrossed in whatever she was watching, as she didn’t even notice Minjoo placing the cookies on the table in front of her.

 

Her attention finally snapped away from the TV as she felt a pull on the blanket as Minjoo lifted it up and crawled in between Chaewon’s legs, pulling the blanket back around them both. She leaned back against Chaewon’s chest and sighed in contentment.

 

“Cookies?” Minjoo asked, tilting her head slightly to look at the girl behind her.

 

“Nah, I have something sweeter,” Chaewon smiled. Minjoo began to blush until Chaewon continued with:

 

“This movie!”

 

Minjoo threw her elbow back against Chaewon’s stomach as the girl laughed.

 

“Yes, yes I would like some cookies,” Chaewon said in between her laughter.

 

Minjoo huffed and grabbed a cookie, promptly shoving it into Chaewon’s mouth without any warning.

 

“Your icing tastes ugly,” Chaewon said with full.

 

“Shut up and watch the movie.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Once the movie ended, it was clear the two of them were sleepy.

 

Of course, that would never stop the two from bickering.

 

“This must be really nice for you,” Chaewon mumbles sleepily.

 

“What is?” Minjoo replies, her question laden with sleep.

 

“Being with me, since you said that this Christmas was special because you got to spend it with me,” Chaewon smirks down at Minjoo.

 

Minjoo’s cheeks light up, remembering what she wrote in that Christmas card.

 

Minjoo shyly covered her face with her hands in embarrassment, mumbling something.

 

Chaewon pulled Minjoo in closer, positioning them so that Minjoo was now sitting at an angle where Chaewon could get a better look at her face.

 

“What was that?” She asked gently with a soft smile (she intended for it to be more sarcastic and teasing, but that didn’t work out).

 

“... really happy,” Minjoo says quietly through the gaps in her fingers.

 

“Sorry, I couldn’t quite catch that. Could you repeat that?” Chaewon insists, her smile growing wider.

 

“I’m really happy,” Minjoo says a little more loudly, just enough for Chaewon to hear, taking her hands away from her face and choosing to wrap her arms around Chaewon and bury her face into her chest instead.

 

Chaewon’s eyes soften along with her smile, burying her nose in Minjoo’s hair as the girl continued to hide her red face (Chaewon was a little thankful because Minjoo couldn’t see how hard she was blushing right now).

 

She pulls away slightly and says, “Look at me, Minjoo-ah.”

 

Minjoo slowly pulls her face back into view and looks into Chaewon’s eyes shyly.

 

“I am, too,” Chaewon smiles before softly kissing Minjoo’s forehead, letting her lips linger there for a moment before pulling away and looking back into Minjoo’s eyes.

 

Minjoo, embarrassed but insanely happy, hid her face in Chaewon’s chest again, mumbling, “That’s cheesy and disgusting.”

 

“You know what else is disgusting? Your cookie decorating.”

 

Minjoo decides that today is the perfect day for murder.