Cold Hands

Cold Hands

The morning sun peeking through the window across the room tapped on your eyelids, willing them to open. Bringing your hands up to rub your eyes, you noticed that, while you were still covered in several blankets, a certain warmth was missing, and therefore disturbing your slumber. Eyes still closed, you stretched your arms out, your fingertips barely brushing your boyfriend’s back, seeming an ocean away on the other side of your shared king size bed.

“Yoongiiiii,” you moaned in annoyance. You despised waking up cold, particularly when he could be cuddling you instead. Yoongi had a habit of curling into a ball while sleeping, which only really bothered you when the temperatures dropped and you found yourself starving for warmth each morning when you awoke.

“Mmhmm?” Was the only response you received from the Yoongi-shaped ball laying on the other side of the bed. He didn’t even move to see why you might be calling his name.

“Coldddd,” you whined, and scooted closer to his figure, finally finding a bit of warmth cuddled against his t-shirt covered back. You heard a sound that was halfway between a sigh and a wordless grumble as you s your cold fingers up his shirt and around to his bare stomach, causing him to flinch slightly at your icy touch.

With one more sigh, Yoongi forcefully rolled over, half on top of you, and pinned your hands to the sheets above your head. He then shifted slightly so that his leg was draped over yours and nearly all of his body weight was resting on you before he yawned quietly and nuzzled his face into your neck softly. You lay there for a second, before realizing your predicament.

“Babyyyyy,” you whined once again. “You’re squishing meeee.”

“Then don’t,” Yoongi replied, peppering a kiss on your neck after each word, “put your cold hands on me.”

“Then,” you started, imitating his actions by kissing your way down his neck as you spoke, “don’t let me freeze to death.” You paused at the end of your sentence to attempt to leave a hickey just below his collarbone, but he wasn’t having it. Yoongi wrapped his arms around you and rolled over so that you were laying on his chest.

“I love you,” you giggled, pushing yourself up a bit and reaching to poke your boyfriend’s nose with your finger and receiving a sleepy gummy smile in response.

“I love you too,” he said, ruffling your already messy hair with his hand and scrunching up his nose in a goofy way. “Now let me go back to sleep.”

Yoongi ran his fingers through your hair a few times with his eyes closed and you closed your eyes as well, breathing in the comforting scent from his clothing. Slowly, the both of you drifted warmly back to sleep.