Shoot Me

Shoot Me

It was the MMA’s and it had been an amazing year for you so far, your comeback had achieved an all kill and you won many performances, your career was at its peak but it wasn’t enough… it would never be enough…

She broke you apart and left you to rot, she was the one who brought you happiness and took it away all at once. You stood on the platform that would soon rise up to the rest of the crowd… her included.

It was a special stage with you and Day6 for their hit song “Shoot Me” which was kind of ironic, a heartbreak song about a toxic relationship and you having been in a toxic relationship. It honestly made you laugh, her being there and you getting to perform right in front of her. She knew what she did to you, how she took a hold of your heart and crushed it… and she loved it.

You heard one of the backstage producers give you a 5 second que, you gripped the standing mic, making sure your earbuds were in as you felt the platform rise and screams erupt. You took one deep breath before putting on your signature smirk.

Lights shone on you as a lower acoustic version of the song started playing, your voice booming through the huge arena causing the audience to erupt into screams.

It’s never an easy thing
To stand in front of you
It’s like a thriller movie
Everything will be fine
But one thing goes wrong
And it all starts from there

Your eyes are getting colder
The mood is getting heavier
I’m just quietly sitting here
Trying to get my breath back

Suddenly the music stopped, as you gave the audience one look before the lights turned off as well. A few seconds past before the lights and screams turned even louder than before, the next second Day6 stood beside you as well.

You stood under white lights, screams continuing as you all stand there with smiles on your faces. The white lights only lighting up the top of your bodies, drawing shadows over the rest of you. The beat kicked in as all the lights illuminating the whole stage. Jae sang his part you joining in later as the rest of the members started playing.

Our words toward each other
Are getting
Sharper and sharper

Yeah just shoot me
Bang bang
Your bullet bullet bullet
I’ll take it anytime
If this is what you want
Just shoot me
Shoot me

You stared directly at her making sure she knew, her usual cold façade starting to crack the longer you stared at her. You sang giving every note all your emotion, your head filled with memories of the past.

“Jennie you wanna just cuddle and stay in today?” “Oh my god, why are you so clingy? I just want some time to myself for once!” “But… We haven’t seen eachother in 2 weeks…” “Well I’m looking at your face now and it really isn’t the best view.” You tried laughing trying to lift the mood but only got a cold glare in return, “You can’t even be serious for once in your life. I’m going out.” You quickly got up from the couch hearing her words, “Jen I’m sorry let’s just talk about this.” “Move out of my way before I make you.” You looked down as you slowly moved to the side and let her pass you, the sound of the door closing resounding through the empty apartment.

You felt tears prick your eyes but you wouldn’t let her have the satisfaction, you don’t want to waste them on her.

Just shoot toward me
Bang bang
That’s better anyway
I’m so used to this now
If this makes you feel better
Just shoot me
Shoot me

You kept staring, not caring if the audience saw it, not caring if the camera picked up all the anger kept inside you. She knew you sang every lyric to her and you wanted her to. Wanted her to know that she caused you all this pain, that each time she said those things to you it was a bullet to your heart and it’s gone to the point of no repair.

This isn’t what I wanted
What I wanted
Is a romance movie
But reality
Turns red so easily
It’s like a drama

 

In your lines, you say “it’s over now”
Praying that you don’t mean that
I want to believe you said that
Because of you felt nervous

 

 

Another day, another fight, here you two were screaming at eachother. “WHY THE WERE YOU WITH HER?!” “JENNIE I’M WORKING ON A ING COLLAB WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?” “WHY WERE YOU OUT SO LATE?” “CAUSE I WAS WORKING!” “WORKING OR ING?” “YOU KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS!” “OH SO YOUR WORK IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ME? IS IT MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS ING RELATIONSHIP?”

 

You watched as she picked up some random vase and threw it near your head. You quickly ducked making it break against the wall behind you, “JENNIE WHAT THE ?!” You looked at her again and saw how she had tears streaming down her face, “I’m- I’m sor- sorry…” You felt your heartbreak at the sight of her shaking hands and tear-filled face, “Baby no no no no, don’t cry.” You rushed to her side and enveloped her in a hug and felt her tuck her head into your chest. “I’m sorry…” “It’s ok…” “What if- what if I hurt you…”

You felt her shake against you as a choked out sob made its way out of her, “But you didn’t ok. I’m ok. I’m fine.” You pushed her head away for a sec and showered her head with kisses. You felt her lean up and planted one on her lips as well. You broke for air and slowly opened your eyes, staring right into hers.

You could see the love but you could also see everything else. The jealousy, the anger, the pent-up frustration. What did you do? You picked her up and kissed her once again trying to fall into the fantasy you wanted to live in… even if it lasted only a moment… you were willing.

 

Our words toward each other
Are getting
Sharper and sharper

Yeah just shoot me
Bang bang
Your bullet bullet bullet
I’ll take it anytime
If this is what you want
Just shoot me
Shoot me

Just shoot toward me
Bang bang
That’s better anyway
I’m so used to this now
If this makes you feel better
Just shoot me
Shoot me

 

You two sat in a small café but it wasn’t the same. There were no laughs or cute smiles adorning your faces… rather you had gotten used to her glare more. You squirmed in your seat trying to come up with something to talk about, “S- so how have you been?” “I’m breaking up with you.” Your jaw dropped, the words echoing in your head trying to process the words she had uttered. Sure you knew the recent months hadn’t been the best for your relationship but you never thought it would come to this. Your hands became sweaty as you tried to remember how to speak again, “You’re joking right?!” She stared at you with an emotionless face whereas you were on the brink of a mental breakdown, “Jennie ing tell me this is some sick joke?” “You’re making a scene.”

You stared at her with wide eyes as you hunched over the table, everyone’s eyes on you. “I don’t ing care anymore, I don’t have anything left to lose so tell me right now. Is. This. A. Joke?” “It was nice while it lasted but I’m bored.” “Nice?! I gave you everything! I suffered everyday just to see your ing smile and you say you’re bored?! What about me?! What about everything I lost cause of this one ing relationship?!” “Now you’re free…”

With that you watched as she gracefully stood up and left you not looking back once. You took in the rest of your setting, everyone stared at you like you were some psycho and they had a reason to. Your hair was astray along with your wide eyes and jittery motion. So you ran, you ran out of the door as fast as you could and kept running.

 

(I’m okay)
(So if you wanna hurt me)
(Baby just hurt me)
(I’m okay)
(So if you wanna hurt me)
(Baby just hurt me)
Each bullet that pierces my heart
Honestly, hurts so bad
It hurts so bad so bad

Yeah just shoot me
Bang bang
Your bullet bullet bullet
I’ll take it anytime
If this is what you want
Just shoot me
Shoot me

Just shoot toward me
Bang bang
That’s better anyway
I’m so used to this now
If this makes you feel better
Just shoot me
Shoot me

Here you stood on stage, the screams erupting around you nothing but a murmur in the background. All you could hear was your own heartbeat pumping in your chest as you stared at Jennie, a few tears falling down her face mirroring yours. Your breathing was heavy and you felt faint but it didn’t matter, the only thing that did matter was that the woman you were looking at knew the kind of pain you suffered, knew what she did to your heart, knew that every word she said stuck itself like a bullet right inside your heart.