CHAPTER 1- It's Just The Beginning

Popularism

I get dropped off at Hankwang High School by my overprotective father who states the words,

"REMEMBER if a boy gets near you, take out the pepper spray I gave to you and on the bus, hold that alarm i brought you. If you think someone is following you, just pull out the switch, Okay???" 

Sigh. Oh God.

"Do you understand?"

"Yes Dad"

"Good. Aigooo my daughter is growing up. How come you are already going to high school?! And to Hankwang at that!! I can't wait to tell all my friends! AHAHAHA!!! What a smart daughter i have. I am very proud of you Ji Won".  

I hear a pause.

Then I hear a sniffle about two times.

"oh my god dad! are you crying again?! "

"What? NO! I just... happen to have a cold"

"YEAH RIGHT. LET ME SEE YOUR FACE"

"NOOOOOO"

He finally turns around. Yep i knew it. Red nose and puffy eyes. I sigh again.

"Don't tell your mother i cried again today. She gave me a scolding because i cried yesterday  :'(("

"Fine. I won't tell Mum. T____T  so stop crying and wipe your face"

"okayyyyy" my dad replies. 

He's such a baby sometimes. Hahaha :D

"Okay Dad i have to get going now"

"Okayyy. Have a good day at school!"

We do our secret handshake again before i leave.

I get out of the car and wave goodbye to him. Then i set off for my first year happily.

I walk along the corridors and finally reach my classroom after walking around feeling lost and hopeless. Phew i actually found it. This must be a miracle.

Suddenly I am approached with this friendly looking girl. She smiles at me.

"Hi!! My name is Cho Soo-Hyang! What is your name?"

 

I had no idea what trap i walked into that day. But for sure, it was the moment i realised what my true goals were.