He's Cute

He's Cute
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kierra jerked awake upon hearing her alarm going off at four-twenty in the morning. She quickly reached out for her phone to dismissed the alarm and slowly got up and sat at the edge of her bed to rub at her eyes and face. She let out a sigh as she ran a hand through her hair before rotating her neck to get out the kinks and massaging the nape of her neck with the other hand. Kierra didn't want to get up, but she had to as she promised her step-brother that she would go with him and his friends to hike Mount Inwangsan.

Of course, she wasn't going alone as she got her step-brother to convince her little sister to go too. Kierra got up and made her way out of her room and into her sister's room. With the door opened letting in the light from the hallway, Kierra stepped closer to the end of the bed and placed a foot atop it. She shook it with her foot before shaking it hard, but Linna didn't budge. She put her foot back onto the floor before leaning over to place a hand on the back of Linna's calves and shoot it while calling her sister's name.

"Linna. Wake up." Kierra called out while speaking in English.

Linna's head popped up as she stretched her limbs while letting out a soft groan. She sleepily looked over at Kierra while reaching for her phone to check the time.

"Why so early?" Linna asked also using English as Kierra answered. "The boys wanna see the sunrise and we still gotta pack and get ready before we leave."

"Is Jeongin awake?"

"Not yet. I'm letting him sleep a bit longer."

"Why? I wanna sleep longer, too."

"So do I, but I know that you wanna get ready-ready and need time to put on your face."

"Oh, yeah, you right." Linna chuckled before messing with her phone. "But I don't take that long. I still have at least twenty minutes left to sleep."

"You know that you're the better cook than me and that you should be doing all this and I should be asleep."

"Yeah, but you're the one that agreed first and so you gotta deal with it and I'll joined later. Our roles are reverse this time."

"Ugh, fine. I'll come back again if you're not awake." Kierra stated as Linna gave her a thumbs up before moving the blanket to cover her head..

Kierra left her sister's room while closing the door. She turned towards Jeongin's bedroom door and made a face at it.

"You're lucky I'm a nice older sister." She whispered at the door while heading towards the bathroom to take care of her morning needs before heading to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~

Linna joined her sister twenty-five minutes later after coming out of the bathroom after relieving herself. Linna spied all the clothing material laid out for them to wear for the hike in the living room. She also noticed that the other necessities were also laid out which still needed to be packed into the backpack. Linna made her way to the kitchen to see that Kierra had finished preparing the food they had prepared last night and was now working on the easier stuff that could be made in the morning. The conversation was spoken in English.

"What do you still got left to do?" Linna asked while sitting across from Kierra at the table with several sandwich ingredients laid out all over it.

"Besides arranging and packing all the food in their boxes, the sandwiches still need to be made, and the drinks sorted out." Kierra answered without looking up.

"You do remember that it doesn't take that long to hike up Mount Inwangsan, right? And are you trying to pack a picnic?" Linna mused as Kierra let out a whine-like groan. "I know, but Jeongin has too much friends and there's like five of them coming for this hike."

"Actually there's seven of them not counting Jeongin, you, and myself which makes a total of ten altogether."

"Ugh, my life. Whatever. They're sharing because I'm not making anymore."

"No one asked you to, anyways."

"I know, but if I remember correctly, Jeongin and his friends can eat a lot and we'll be hiking so we're all gonna be hungry."

"True, plus Mom and Dad did tell us to make sure to take real good care of him as he's quite clumsy before heading off to their autumn vacation."

"Which is totally weird since Dad never liked going on vacation, but ever since he met Darae now he does and like all the time."

"I know, but that's your dad."

"He's your dad's first since you're his favorite."

"True because I'm the baby."

"You were the baby."

"True. Anyways, you finish the sandwiches and I'll start putting the food into their containers."

"You just wanna taste test everything while doing so."

"Basically." Linna replied with a laugh as she went to take of that part leaving Kierra to the sandwiches.

~~~~~~~~

"In, where are you friends?" Kierra asked for the third time since the trio had arrived at Dunchon-dong station as Korean was used this time around.

"It took longer to wake up Hyunjin than they thought and they're on their way." Jeongin answered with a sheepish laughed as his step-sisters sighed deeply.

"You do know that it was you guys that wanted to see the sunrise during this time and it's seriously freaking cold out." Linna stated as she use the hot pack that Kierra had packed earlier to warm up her gloved hands still. "We have like an hour or so to make it."

"Yes, Won, I do know that, but you guys did promise that you'll come with me this time since you all didn't want to come the last few times." Jeongin reasoned as Kierra tiredly shot him a look. "They're your friends, not ours."

"Yeah, that's true, Yeon, but they're like my closes and best of friends." Jeongin reasoned. "So I wanted them to meet and hang out with my two greatest sisters who they haven't really gotten to know well enough."

"They've met me plenty of times, In." Linna reminded him with a laugh before pointing towards Kierra. "It's Yeon that hasn't properly met them."

"I met like at least one or two of them, but I have a pretty good memory." Kierra added as Linna smirked at her. "Then name those two."

Kierra tried to think, but no names came to mind as she realized that Jeongin never introduced the two she had met and shot Linna an annoyed look. "Shut up."

"Jeongin!" Several voices called out as the trio turned towards the group of boys that were hurrying their way over to them. "Jeongin!"

"Oh yay. We can finally go." Kierra sarcastically muttered to herself as she was hoping the trip would get cancel and she'll go back to her comfy bed.

"Be nice." Linna nudged her with a firm tone as Kierra faked a smile. "I'll try."

Kierra quietly stood back as she watch her brother hugged his friends with Linna doing the same thing afterwards. They talked happily with the boys apologizing for being late during their conversation. Kierra was contemplating on ditching the group of nine, but Linna having a feeling of what her sister was going to do quickly turned around and took a hold of the ends of her jacket. Which prompted Jeongin to finally introduced her to the rest of the boys.

"Oh, guys. Besides Chaewon, this is my other sister, Chaeyeon, that you guys haven't met yet." Jeongin introduced Kierra as she waved at them with a small smile before Jeongin sprouted the seven names of his friends. "And from left to right they are Changbin, Hyunjin, Minho, Felix, Jisung, Seungmin, and Chan."

"Hi." "Hello." The seven boys greeted back in a much friendlier tone.

Linna leaned closer to whispered for only Kierra to hear while using English. "So which one did you find cute?"

"I barely met them." Kierra whispered back in English with a roll of her eyes.

"I already know which one you like already, Kierra."

"This isn't a game show, Linna, or a bunch of idols for that matter. Dude, they're basically Jeongin's friends. That's weird."

"Hey, you can look and you don't know what's going to happen either. If it happens, then it happens."

"Whatever, but I do know that you already think they're cute." Kierra countered as Linna chuckled while wriggling her eyebrows. "Maybe or just one, or two, or a few."

"You're bad. So bad."

"Hey, I'm just stating facts. If they're cute, then they're cute."

"That's true."

The sisters giggled which was loud enough causing the group of nine to look at them curiously.

"What's so funny?" Jeongin asked as Linna answered mischievously switching back to Korean. "Yeon thinks one of your friends is cute."

"I did not." Kierra denied with a flustered look before exposing Linna. "That's you, Won."

"Seriously? Ew." Jeongin made a disgusted face while glancing at his friends who all had different expressions, but were trying to appear cool before facing his sisters again. "You actually think they're cute? Really?"

"No." The sisters answered in unison before walking away to board the subway while laughing at their own inside joke.

Jeongin looked over at his friends again while making a face. "I did not want to know that they think you're cute. That's gross"

~~~~~~~~

After riding the Dunchon-dong metro to Jongno 3-ga station then arriving at Gyeongbokgung station after catching the orange line did the group of ten made their way out towards exit 3. They then made their way to the right in the direction of the bus stop. They momentarily stopped by the Starbucks on their way for drinks with Kierra paying for them to make it easier as well as for bathroom breaks. After that the group hopped onto bus number 1020 and rode it for ten minutes before getting off at Jahamun stop. They took a mini break to eat some snacks that Linna had brought out to share since they all haven't eaten anything for breakfast.

Once the mini-break was over the group took a left onto the road and followed it for six hundred meters where they spotted the first police post. They threw away their trash before turning right to take the wooden staircase up to the fortress wall and following it to the peak.Minho led the way since he actually enjoyed hiking and had already hiked Mount Inwangsan already. He was also the one to suggest for them all to do this. Kierra wasn't sure on why anyone would do this so early in the morning and during the cold season, but to each their own as she slowly followed the group while conveniently keeping herself at the end of their group.

Jeongin was talking to Hyunjin and Felix whereas Linna was taking pictures of things left and right as well as of the group whether they were prepared or not. As for Kierra she didn't want to converse with anyone at the moment and she wasn't in the mood since the trip was already draining her. It was the main reason she was at the back. She knew she should have slept earlier, but she didn't as she was a nocturnal person and barely got a few hours in before her alarm woke her up. Although it was six-forty-two and they still had like less than half an hour left until sunrise, the twilight hour gave them enough light to see around them in a comfortable manner.

She casually admired the scenery before having the feeling that someone was matching her pace. Kierra turned to her right and saw the one named Seungmin matching her strides. She cast him a polite smile knowing full well that she would have to interact with people whether she liked it or not, especially if she was going to become familiar with Jeongin's buddies.

"How are you doing back here?" Seungmin asked with such an innocent look that Kierra mustered the energy to not sound too tired. "Just fine. A little tired, but I'm good. You?"

"Oh, I'm doing great. Do you need any help?"

"With what?"

"Your bag."

"Oh, no, I'm fine. Thanks though."

"Okay." Seungmin happily chirped as he cast her one more smile before walking on ahead in a nonchalant manner.

Kierra watched his retreating figure in amusement as he joined her brother and the others before quietly going back to sight-seeing again. Shortly afterwards Kierra wasn't paying attention and she bumped into Changbin who was crouched down while holding something in his hand.

"I'm so sorry." Kierra apologized as she had placed her hand onto his shoulder while maneuvering herself around him and glanced down at the boy. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Look!" He exclaimed happily while showing Kierra what he had in his hands.

Kierra peered down and sat that Changbin had quite a collection of little pebbles and small twigs. She wasn't sure if she should be amused or worried, but decided to go with the former.

"Aww, those are nice." Kierra crouched down alongside him to inspect the items better. "What are you going to do with those?"

"Dunno. They just look nice." Changbin chuckled as Kierra smiled at him. "They do."

Kierra glanced up in the direction of their group and realized that she and Changbin were falling a bit behind.

"C'mon. Let's catch up with the others."

Kierra suggested as she stood back up along with Changbin who grinned at her before rushing forward to call out his friends to see his little collection. Kierra smiled while moving her feet after them as she felt like the two boys she's interacted with so far were alright and was glad that Jeongin had such good friends. She was worried that he wouldn't make friends or fit in since moving all the way from Busan and living in Seoul about two years ago. Plus, during that time also he got a new dad and sisters as well, but Jeongin took everything in fairly well and Kierra wondered why she felt the need to worry. Maybe it was more on her account than his.

Kierra shifted the backpack a little so that she could ease the pressure from her shoulders and back. Although the items were split between her and the other two as well as having packed it smartly, Kierra felt like she was back in high school with this thing. Too focused on adjusting the backpack she didn't noticed that another person was matching her strides now. She happened to glance to her right and saw that someone else was walking alongside her again. Kierra wasn't sure if this was Linna's doing or not, but she refrained from rolling her eyes if it was.

"Hi." She greeted first turning her attention to Chan and stopped messing with the straps of her backpack.

"Hi." Chan turned to face her with a smile of his own. "Having a good time?"

"Hmm, I guess."

"You guess?"

"I'm not a morning person or into hikes, so I'm just here because I promised Jeongin I come."

"That's nice of you."

"You have no idea."

Kierra laughed with Chan joining her before speaking a few seconds afterwards.

"Do you want me to carry that for you?"

"Carry what?"

"The backpack."

He motioned behind him to indicate the backpack that he was wearing.

"Oh, no I'm fine. You have yours so I can carry my own."

"I saw you messing with it earlier and thought that it was getting too heavy or becoming too inconvenient for you."

"Oh, that. It's nothing. It's just been a while since I've last wore a backpack, so I'm just getting use to it again. So no worries." Kierra reassured him as he shot her a skeptical look. "Are you sure?"

"Super sure."

Linna then joined the duo with Kierra looking at her questioningly. "Hmm?"

"Do you have the speaker on you?" Linna asked. "In doesn't have it and I don't either."

"Was that a thing I was supposed to add? I thought one of the boys were going to bring it?"

"Jisung forgot and left it behind when they left to go get Hyunjin."

"Let me check. I think I might've added it at the last minute."

The trio paused as Kierra crouched down to check her bag if she had the item. Kierra found it after opening the main part and pulled it out and handed it to Linna.

"Here."

"Thank you!" Linna grinned happily as she took the item and ran ahead while calling out to Jisung that they can jam to music while they hiked.

A few seconds later the morning air was filled with Boys and Girls by Zico.

"This is gonna be a long morning." Kierra muttered in English as she placed her backpack onto her back forgetting that Chan was still there.

"Oh, you know English?" Chan asked as he also spoke in English.

Kierra's eyes widened upon the realization that another one of Jeongin's friends knew the language as she had assumed it was Felix due to his name.

"Uh, yeah. My sister and I grew up in America. We're from L.A."

"Ohh, L.A.? I have a lot of friends from there who I've met while living in Seoul."

"Oh, that's cool. Maybe I should get out more and actually socialize with the locals and probably the tourists, too." Kierra mused mainly to herself not thinking that Chan would take her up on that offer.

"If you're free, just let me know and I could help you out." Chan offered with a smile as Kierra awkwardly smiled a bit unsure. "Um, yeah, sure maybe."

Unlike the others who would moved on ahead, Chan actually stayed alongside Kierra. Of course he would do most of the talking and would ask her things every now and then to which Kierra would answer his questions not wanting to be rude or anything like that and didn't find it as tiresome as she usually would have if talking with others. Still, his company helped kept her awake and entertained even though he and the others would suddenly burst into loud singing every once in a while when a song they all knew and liked came on.

After about thirty minutes or so of walking the group of eleven finally reached the peak of Mount Inwangsan. Everyone disperse

Please log in to read the full chapter