Is This...?

Is This...?
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey, I need your help." Changbin asked his older sister as he barged into her room without knocking.

"Can you knock first?" Chaeyeon asked instead as she looked up from her textbooks from her bed. "What if I was changing?"

"Not at this time. I know your schedule. You don't really do anything different."

"True."

"Besides, you need to go out and hang with friends or whatever. Go date and stuff."

"I'm fine with my single self. Thank you very much. Anyways, what do you want help with?"

"I like this girl and I want her to notice me."

"I thought your wannabe cool, dark, and edgy style already made you hella noticeable." Chaeyeon mused before returning back to her homework while still listening to her little brother.

"I am dark and edgy." Changbin stated with a pout that Chaeyeon didn't see. "And I'm also very cool."

"Says the boy that's way too cheerful and active with his friends."

"So what?"

"So because he can't sleep without his Munchlax named Gyu." Chaeyeon brother once more with laugh following after.

Changbin grew flustered and counter-attacked. "Hey, you still sleep with all of your stuffed animals since childhood."

"And your point is?" Chaeyeon asked glancing up at Changbin.

"You're the same as me."

"True, but I'm actually cool, dark, and edgy unlike you."

"Shut up. Will you help me or not?"

"Why don't you just asked this girl straight out that you like her." Chaeyeon advised giving him an annoyed look as she just wanted to do homework.

"I can't do that." Changbin said as he sat at the end of her bed.

"Why not?"

"Because it isn't cool."

"Coo or not, it's better to just be straight with the person you like, y'know? Anyways, I don't know why you want my help when I don't go out and stuff."

"Because you give good advice some times and you're a girl."

"Don't you have friends that can help you with this?"

"Yeah, but they'll just make it worst. Besides, you're my older sister. You're supposed to help me with these things."

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes with a sigh while closing her book. "Fine, okay. So what's your plan?"

"Well, it's just gonna involve me being cool for her to notice me."

"And what cool thing are you thinking of to get her attention?"

"Why did I let you drag me all the way to Garosu-gil?" Chaeyeon groaned as she and Changbin were on the subway headed to the 'Designer Street' so that Changbin could coolly get the attention of his crush by doing something cool to which he still hadn't revealed to her yet.

"Because you have no life and nothing else better to do. Remember?" Changbin answered as his sister elbowed him. "Ow, well it's true."

"I don't care. I still had homework that's due later tomorrow and to  just chill and relax."

"You're smart. You'll probably finish it before class begins anyways."

"That's true."

"Also, you basically chill and relax all day, every day, anyways."

"Yeah, yeah. Enough about me and now about you. How is going to Garosu gonna help with anything? You stalking her or what?"

"What? No. No. There's no stalking involved." Changbin denied with an awkward laugh before speaking again. "The boys just mentioned they'll be here hanging out when we were playing basketball after classes and we decided to hang out there later."

"I thought you were trying to get this girl's attention. You didn't mentioned the others."

"I am. I'm gonna do both. She just happens to work at one of the boutiques in Garosu-gil."

"Uh huh. So what's her name?"

"Nayoung."

"Does she go to the same school as you?"

"We did, but I graduated. She's a year under me."

"Wait a minute. You've known of her for two years and you haven't said anything to her? That's not a crush, Changbin. That's love."

Changbin shot his sister a weird look. "Love? You're crazy, Chaeyeon. That's not love. We're too young for that."

"Yeah, I'm the crazy one who hasn't taken a few classes in psychology this year. Sure, whatever." Chaeyeon muttered to herself as she leaned against her seat and crossed her arms in boredom while looking out the window. "How much longer until we get there?"

"It should be coming up soon."

"Good, because you're buying me food."

~~~~~~~~

"How many slices of cheesecake are you going to buy?" Changbin whispered in a slightly panicked tone as he watched his sister ordered another slice to her already slices of eight and counting while they stood inside C27.

"Um, that depends." Chaeyeon said with a smirk in his direction. "How much do you got on you?"

"Not enough for your sweet-tooth. Why?"

Chaeyeon's smirked grew and Changbin began to whined. "Oh c'mon, Yeon. Don't do this to me. You're supposed to take care of me."

"I'm just kidding, Bin." Chaeyeon chuckled while patting her brother's back in comfort as she pulled out her own wallet from her bag. "Sheeh. Calm down. Anyways, save the money for your date with Miss. Nayoung when you finally confess."

"Ah, don't mess with me like that."

Chaeyeon just laughed as she paid for her slices of different cheesecake while afterwards the siblings went to one of the tables inside to wait for the desserts.

"Alright, Bin. I've ordered my food and so what's your cool idea for this Nayoung girl?"

"She works over there." Changbin motioned with his chin as Chaeyeon looked out the window at the boutique opposite them. "And what are you still doing here?"

"Because you wanted cheesecake."

"No. I just wanted to mess with you for dragging me all the way here. Plus, Jisung messaged me during the subway ride that he wanted some cheesecake."

"When doesn't he want cheesecake?" Changbin scoffed. "You treat him more like a little brother than you do me."

"That's what you think. He's just as annoying as you along with the others."

"You know you love our company in your lonely loner world."

"I choose to be alone, Changbin. There's a difference between being alone and feeling lonely."

"Aren't they basically the same?"

"No. Being alone is the state of being while feeling lonely is the state of the mind. Get it?"

"Not really."

"You'll understand when you experience the difference."

"Do I want to?"

"I hope that you don't, but it makes you aware of the things about yourself though."

Just then Chaeyeon's order arrived ready to go and she thanked the staff before she and Changbin got up and left the shop.

"Alright, Changbin. Stop bring up my oh so lonesome single life that you think you need to spice up. You go do you and here you go." Chaeyeon said as she handed her brother a smaller box similar to her bigger one.

"What's that?" Changbin asked eyeing the white container suspiciously.

"It's cheesecake, dummy. That's what you're going to give to your crush."

"I said I was going to do something cool."

"Knowing you, your is gonna embarrassed yourself in front of her and you'll never confessed to her after that."

"That's harsh."

"It's true, now go and give her this cake and asked her out on a date."

"But, I-"

"Go or I'm going to do it for you so I can get this done and over with."

Changbin let out a grumble although he took the small package before psyching himself.

"You got this, Changbin. You can do it. You're cool, dark, and edgy. There's no way she can turn you down without giving you a chance. You got this."

Chaeyeon took a seat at the table that was outside of C27 and watched her brother amusingly before taking out one of slices in her own larger container.

"Okay, I'm going." Changbin announced as Chaeyeon gave him a thumbs up. "Good luck."

Changbin nodded earnestly as Chaeyeon watched him finally make his way over to 3RD EYE. Just as Changbin had entered the boutique she was soon disturbed by a very particular and familiar voice.

"Yeon! My love!" Jisung announced happily and playfully as he glomped Chaeyeon into a hug. "I've missed you so much. I haven't seen you all day."

Chaeyeon tried to moved away from the younger male's embrace, but Jisung held onto her tighter with a pout.

"Why do you hate me, Yeon? Don't you love me?"

"Because you're annoying as ."

"Okay, rude."

Jisung made a face as he finally let her go and sat in one of the chair and went through the container.

"Did you get me the chocolate one?"

"Why don't you look."

"It's here! Thanks."

"You're not welcome."

"You know you love me."

"Right."

"Hi, guys." She warmly greeted the others.

"Hi, Yeon." Hyunjin, Felix, Seungmin, and Jeongin greeted her as she opened her arms for hugs knowing that they were going to give her one regardless if she wanted one or not before they sat down.

"Why do you accept their hugs all willingly, yet always reject me?" Jisung asked with a pout. "You're so mean to me."

"Because you're a brat and hug me all the time, anyways." Chaeyeon answered with a smirk and a roll of her eyes before looking at the others. "So did you guys come to support Changbin in his love confession, too?"

"I thought he said that he wanted to buy a new jacket." Seungmin stated with a puzzled look. "That's what he messaged in the group chat earlier."

"Oh that was me." Jeongin clarified. "Changbin owes me a new jacket."

"Why does he owe you a new jacket?" Jisung asked with a raised eyebrow while eating one of the cheesecake slices.

"Oh, was it because he accidentally spilled soda all over you the other day when we were watching horror movies?" Felix asked as Jeongin nodded. "Yup. It was one of my favorites."

"So basically my brother made up excuses to get y'all over here when he didn't even need me." Chaeyeon let out annoyed while glancing at the boys.

"Oh, cheer up, my love." Jisung stated while pinching her cheek as Chaeyeon swatted his hand away.

Jisung let out a chuckle before speaking again. "You're basically here if something goes wrong."

She side-eyed him. "What could go wrong?"

"Dunno."

"But like Jisung said, Yeon. You're here if anything does." Felix confirmed again with a laugh as Chaeyeon groaned. " my life, man."

"I'm pretty sure it's because of Minho." Hyunjin spoke a second later after going through the cheesecake slices to find the one he wanted to eat. "Minho mentioned that Nayoung would be working today and that she'll be working late, too."

"Oh, so he wanted to take her home and make his move like that?" Chaeyeon pieced together as Hyunjin shrugged. "Probably."

"Anyways, where is Minho?" Chaeyeon asked realizing he was missing from the group. "He was supposed to return my camera to me."

"Right here, my darling, Yeonnie." Minho announced as he placed Chaeyeon's camera onto the table and back-hugged her from behind. "I knew you always thought of me whenever I was never around despite you saying otherwise."

"Ew." Chaeyeon cringed as Jisung smacked Minho to let go of Chaeyeon. "Hey, hey. She was mine first."

"Well she's mine now." Minho smirked as he hugged Chaeyeon tighter while she rolled her eyes. "I'm nobody's and now let me go or no cake for you."

"Fine." He reluctantly said as he hugged her once more before letting her go.

Chaeyeon shook her head and wondered how she got dragged into being friends with her brother's friends then remembered something.

"Isn't there another addition to your group of friends that I was supposed to finally meet already?"

"Oh yeah, Chan." Minho said as he pulled a chair from another table to the table with his friends as he scooted himself in-between Seungmin and Chaeyeon. "He was going to join us, but he had other plans last m

Please log in to read the full chapter