1/1

you won my myocardium

Jungwoo jumped as a knock on the door was heard. He wasn't used to receiving visitors and wondered who it could be as he rapidly made his way to the door, his heart beating fast with nervousness. He struggled to unlock the door and he when he finally succeeded, he was met with a short and seemingly annoyed man whom he recognized as his neighbour Mark. Mark was one of the only 2 persons he vaguely knew in his apartment building, the second one being his hot roommate Lucas. Did Jungwoo find him cute ? Maybe. Was he going to make a move on him ? Absolutely not. Their only interactions consisted of awkward encounters and small talk in the elevator or the corridors.

-H-Hi Mark ! Can I help you with something ? Jungwoo inquired, slightly intimidated by Mark's glare.

Mark sighed deeply and closed his eyes for a brief second before saying :

-Please come with me. It's Lucas. 

-Oh ! Did something happen ? Jungwoo asked, genuinely worried.

-You'll see.

On these words, Mark made his way to the flat he shared with Lucas. Jungwoo quickly grabbed his keys, fumbled with the door lock before hurrying to catch up with Mark. 

-Jungwoo is here ! Mark yelled as soon as he stepped foot in his apartment.

-Yeet ! they heard Lucas yell back from another room.

-What the , Jungwoo whispered softly.

Mark led him to the bathroom where Lucas was laid out on the ground in a "draw me like one of your French girls" position.

-To make a long story short-

-I put a whole bag of jellybeans up my , Lucas interrupted with a smug smile.

-Lucas is a dumb . That's a Vine reference by the way, don't worry, he added at the sight of Jungwoo's horrified expression.

-W-What happened ? Jungwoo asked in a soft voice, growing more and more confused by the minute.

-I slipped in the shower and broke my arm.

-Oh. Probably explains why he's , Jungwoo thought.

-Shouldn't you be going to the hospital right away ?

-He didn't actually break his arm, I think it's just a sprain, Mark clarified, rolling his eyes at his best friend's dramatic antics.

-Oh. But what am I supposed to do ?

Mark and Lucas looked at each other frantically for a few seconds before Lucas spoke :

-We thought you would know what to do since you're a medical student and all.

Jungwoo raised his eyebrows in surprise. He told Lucas about it during one of their first awkward exchanges but didn't expect him to remember. Meanwhile, Mark shot a "Nice save bro" look at Lucas.

 -O-Okay, Jungwoo said, approaching Lucas carefully.

He extended his hand to brush Lucas’ arm gently:

-D-Does it hurt ? he asked shyly, flustered by his proximity with Lucas’ handsome face (and body).

-AAAAH !

Startled by Lucas’ high-pitched scream, Jungwoo jumped and fell on his back as Mark rolled his eyes again.

- dude, are you okay ? I didn’t mean to- ! Lucas yelled again as he tried to extend his hurt arm. It’s definitely broken !

-No it’s not bro. Stop that, it’s not funny, Mark intervened with a concerned look.

-I’ll drive you to the hospital, Jungwoo offered. Wait, you should probably put on some clothes before.

-Great idea, you help him with that while I take care of… some stuff, Mark shouted as he exited the room.

Jungwoo’s eyes met Lucas’ and they stared at each other for a few awkward seconds, not really knowing what to do.

-Could you help me get up ?

-Oh, sure ! Do your legs hurt too ?

-No- I mean yes ?

They made their way to the bedroom, Lucas’ body unnecessarily pressed against Jungwoo’s. Furiously blushing, the latter proceeded to dress Lucas who didn’t make the task any easier : he kept accidentally touching Jungwoo or accidentally telling him how pretty he was.

-Did you hurt your head while falling ? Jungwoo asked with genuine concern, tiptoeing to reach Lucas’ height and place a hand over his forehead.

Lucas didn’t respond ; instead, he gently took Jungwoo’s hand into his with his valid arm and slowly leaned down towards his face, eyes locked with Jungwoo’s.

-Dude you were on the brink of death 10 minutes earlier, what takes you so long ? Mark’s voice was heard in the living room, making them both jump.

-We should go.

-Yeah.

Lucas shot a death glare at Mark on his way out, leaving him confused as to what he could have done to him.

 

Mark and Jungwoo accompanied Lucas to the hospital but weren’t allowed in the room with him while he was being taken care of. When he finally got out with a cast around his wrist, he completely ignored Mark’s “Bro are you okay?” and went straight to Jungwoo :

-You saved my life.

Jungwoo giggled while Mark rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time at his roommate’s stupidity.

-I’m gonna get coffee, he said though no one was listening to him.

-I didn’t do anything really, Jungwoo replied. To be honest, when you said you thought of me because I’m a medical student, I kind of panicked. I mean, how does knowing the composition of each membrane of the pericardium helps with a broken wrist ?

-Tell me more, Lucas replied, mesmerized.

 

When Mark came back and heard Jungwoo talk about cells and other science nerd stuff he thought it was safe to interrupt, before Lucas said :

-I would love to know how the epidermis of your lips feels on mine.

-Well technically, the surface of the lips isn’t an epidermis, more of a- Oh.

-Never mind, Mark muttered. And they’re kissing now. Great.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading !

For my fellow science nerds I just wanted to clarify that the surface of the lips is indeed made of epidermis, it was just for the joke.