我~♡

With You, Under The Sakura Tree

100 Metres Convenience Store

I came out of the shower and was busy drying my hair with a towel.

When I my phone, I saw that I had 1 unread message from you.

“Meet me at the convenience store in ten minutes.”

The messages we sent each other was this short. Short and straightforward. But this time, this was a little too much.

Looking down at my watch, it was already 12 midnight.

Although the convenience store was only 100 metres away, for a girl to leave her house at such a time, what would my parents think of me?

Slowly but quietly, I open my door and stick my head out. My parents were still awake.

They were both in the living room watching television.

If I left now, they would definitely question me.

What should I do?

My heart starts to beat faster. It seems that I’m nervous about the lie I am going to tell. Or was it because I really want to meet you too?

I opened my closet door. There’s 8 minutes left. I don’t want you to wait too long. It’s not nice to keep people waiting. I want to hurry up and reach there. I bite my lip as I pondered over what I should wear.

I… don’t want to let you see me in this faded oversized shirt. But if I wear something too nice, my parents and the neighbours would suspect something. I’m supposed to be going to the convenience store.

Looking at my watch, I noticed that there’s not much time left. I’ve decided on my pink hoodie.

“I’m going out to buy batteries. My calculator ran out of them.” What a poor lie. My calculator is powered by solar energy.

But what they don’t know won’t hurt them.

I closed the door and left before they could reply. 4 minutes left. Could I make it on time? I frowned.

There’s no choice. I’ll have to ride there. I never liked riding bicycles when my hair was still wet. It somehow gives me an icky feeling that I can’t really describe. I’m suddenly just glad that the store is only 100 metres away.

2 minutes left. I’ve reached. But you are there already, standing in a corner, watching your anime on your phone nonchalantly . Honestly, could you at least look a little more excited to see me?

I parked my bike outside the store as I walked in. You are still busy watching. What’s more important? Me or 2D?

I looked around me. There’s no one else besides the cashier. Tiptoeing softly, I tapped you.

You smiled at me happily. I really wanted to see your face, to embrace you. My phone’s wallpaper is not enough.

Some of my closer friends have disapproved of you. They say you that are cold, they say that you can’t take good care of me (becauseyoukeeplivinginyour2Dworld), and one of them would prefer me liking someone of an opposite gender instead.

I know that they are looking out for me, for my best interests. I appreciate their thoughts and actions. But I don’t really care. I’m in love. Love isn’t logical. Love isn’t reasonable.

So what if you seem quiet, younger and alwa-sometimes impose on me? I’ve given up trying to justify your good points to them.

You are Kang Hyewon. A girl 1 younger than me who studies in a different school. A girl who spends all her time watching anime, when you are not with me. Although sometimes I end up watching anime with you too. But that’s love. That’s youth.

A girl who dislikes talking to others. A girl who actually took up a job not for anime goods, but because she wanted to bring me somewhere nice for our anniversary.

“Good work for today!”

I don’t know what else I’m supposed to say.

Thank you? I love you? I missed you? Somehow, I can’t bring myself to say that in a convenience store.

“Sorry.”

You don’t have to apologize.

I want to meet you too. The air conditioning is rather strong. My hair is starting to dry quickly.

I need to be back home soon.

So do you.

But I don’t want to go home yet. This isn’t enough.

However time now is nearly twelve thirty.

You have classes tomorrow.

We really should get back. I look at you reluctantly. You kissed me swiftly on the lips.

I can feel the cashier staring.

But I don’t care. It’s late in the night anyways.

I walked through the door, grabbed my bike and cycled back home, the feeling of your lips still on mine.

Never mind the unwanted batteries.

 Never mind the disgusting feeling of my wet hair against the wind.

Never mind the cashier who saw us.

Never mind the unreasonable requests you ask for, time to time.

It can’t be helped.

Because I love you.