5. Sword

The 30 Themes Drabble Challenge (TabiSan Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sharp.

Time Started: 2:55

Time Ended: 3:02

Word Count: 142

To Seunghyun, Sandara is a sword of the sharpest kind. She stood basking in the warmth of the sun and the glare of its rays made her steel gleam and shine. Sandara is  a sword. She is gleaming steel-- beautiful and deadly. She sees him and she grants him a smile and he feels it. The touch of the cold sword tip and the prick of pain as it cuts through flesh and he bleeds. He bleeds for her.

"Hello, Sandara. You look especially sharp today."

She laughs and she runs up to him. Touches him on his bare elbow and he feels her sun-warmed skin on his, she pulls him for a kiss of warm breath and her intoxicating scent. And he knew, she cuts him open and he bleeds. He knew his Sandara is a sword of the sharpest kind.

 

---------------------------------

Are you happy now?

Time Start: 3:02

Time Ended: 4:35

Word Count: 1,608

Sandara is a girl. She knew it and as far as she was concerned everyone should to. She watches the girl in the mirror with a cascade of wavy auburn hair and wide brown eyes. She knew she looked like a girl. Maybe not the prettiest but still there should never be any confusion as to her gender. She lets a sigh through her nose and she ran a fine tooth comb through her hair, glossed her lips and tore herself away from the mirror. She heads for the door and grabbed her kendo gear by her shoes.

She should have never joined kendo. It was all that damn boy's fault.

The damn boy was standing outside her house and he looks up to her shading his eyes from the sun with his hands, "Good morning, Sandara." He said.

She lets herself look at him, lets herself feel those minute feelings that made her sure she was a girl. A girl in something very close to love with the damn boy with dark eyes and broad shoulders that carried the weight of his own kendo gear. She lets out a breath and composed herself, "Seunghyun." She acknowledged.

Seunghyun is Sandara's best friend since she could remember. At age seven, he had asked her to join kendo with him and she agreed almost immediately. Much to her surprise she was incredibly apt with the shinai or the wooden sword and much to Seunghyun's apparent disdain. Until age sixteen, he had never beaten her in a sparring match and he calls her his rival much to her annoyance. But she was raw talent and she never really gave it much thought or practice which aggravated Seunghyun more. It doesn't help him that she's skinny and small. Their sensei had once called her a sword herself. Thin steel and lethal. He resented her for being so damn good and for being so aloof about it.

"Spar with me today." He tells her. He never did know how to ask.

She sighs, "Don't we always?" and she feels a little crestfallen. She was his rival and friend. Nothing more... and she admits it to herself, that she no longer wants to be treated like a sword.

-----------------------

Seunghyun flicks off a strand of hair sticking on the side of his face. There was a silent panic inside his chest as he regards his best friend on the opposite side of the room. Having removed her men,  a single drop of gleaming sweat rolls down from the side of her face towards her jaw and she brushes it idly away. She pulls at her hair tie and her hair falls in waves around her shoulders. She runs a hand through it, dispersing sweat on the strands near her scalp and to Seunghyun she had never looked more attractive. She sees him looking and she sticks a tongue out at him. He smiles but he feels the panic increase as his heart lurches forward. Today, he had promised himself that he would beat her. If not... then he would give up on her. He promised himself that. But somehow he feels stupid for giving himself an ultimatum for liking her. She nods to him and he knew this was it. Now or ing never. He harshly grabs at his men and roughly puts it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter