Chapter 1

Heart 💓 

He ran as fast as he could, ignoring the pain on his leg and used all of his energy to safe himself. 

He didn’t know how far he had ran but he knew that he will be doomed if he stop running.  He stopped his track when he realized that he was lost. 

He looked around and saw nothing. The area was barren and there was not a single soul can be found. He was gasping for air and trying to catch his breath, deeming that he had ran far enough.

Unfortunately, he was wrong. Before he could let out a sigh of relieved, a hand from behind was grabbing his shoulder, violently shaking his small body to turn to face the huge, tall culprit. 

“Look at you, your little feet can’t run anymore?” 

His hair was pulled harshly causing him to let out a loud scream but sadly there’s no one to hear his pleading voice. 

“P-ple-please,” he begged with tears in his eyes.

The culprit just laugh and soon the other culprits joined and laugh at him.

Scared and ashamed, but he can’t do anything. He could only wish. 

Please someone, save me 

He didn’t know how it happen, didn’t realised what’s going on but the hand on his hair was no longer there and the culprit was the one who was screaming right now.  

Due to exhaustion, he collapsed and the last thing he saw was darkness. 

 


Something soft was caressing his cheeks over and over again. He wanted to sleep more because it was too comfortable and he never had a sleep like this for a long time. If this was a dream he wanted to keep on closing his eyes and let himself drown in his dream. 

But the caressing did not stop.

Out of curiosity he peeked his eyes open and he was surprised to see a cute brown orb staring at him. 

“You awake!” 

His eyes were finally open and finally saw a small figure lying next to him as if they had known each other for quite a long time. 

“Hi, hi! My name is Hoon!” The boy cheerfully introduced himself.

He stared at the boy carefully and awkwardly introduced himself.

“Ummm, I’m Baekhyun,” 

Hoon’s eyes were glimmering. Baekhyun didn’t know how the boy did it, but there was indeed a star in Hoon’s eyes.

“HOON!”

Baekhyun flinched and Hoon gasped. 

“That must be daddy! Oh no I forgot to drink my milk!”

Baekhyun chuckled at the boy cuteness and he was surprised when Hoon hide under the blanket.

A couple of seconds later, the door to the room was opened and Baekhyun swore his heart thumped a bit faster than usual.

A tall figure with an obvious Yoda ear appear on the doorframe with a frown on his face. 

“Hoon, I know you’re here. Come down and finish your milk.”

Hoon slowly crawled out from his hiding spot with a pout on his face and walked towards the tall guy. 

Baekhyun felt his breath hitched when the guy looked at him with a serious cold looking face. 

“If you’re hungry come down and eat.” He simply said before closing the door. 

 

 

 

Baekhyun walked down the stairs and smile when he heard giggling noise coming from the kitchen. 

“It’s Baekhyun!” Hoon excitedly exclaimed.  At the dining table there were lots of food and Baekhyun swore that he had never felt so hungry like this. But when he realized that the tall guy from just now was at the dining table, he felt nauseous.

Baekhyun cautiously walked towards the dining table, afraid that the tall guy will slap him or beat him. 

“Sit here! Sit here!” Hoon pointed to an empty seat next to him which Baekhyun gladly obey.

“Here, eat this,” Hoon passed him a sandwich only to be stop by the tall guy or Hoon’s father.

“Hoon, he can choose his own food.”

The tone that Hoon’s father use was soft but Hoon being a little kid he is once again pouted. Baekhyun gulped and with a shaky hand he reached out for the sandwich and thank Hoon who in returned smile brightly at him. 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wanted to ask so many questions but he didn’t know how to confront Hoon’s father. 

So while washing the dish, he kept on contemplating whether he should ask or just sneakily escaped from the house. 

“You know you can’t just simply sneak out after we had saved you.”

Baekhyun felt grateful that he was securely holding the dish, if the plate broke into pieces he surely felt that his face will also be broken to pieces. Baekhyun didn’t realized there was someone standing beside him all this while.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you.” 

Baekhyun just shook his head.

“My name is Kyungsoo and I am the head chef here.”

Baekhyun widened his eyes and bowed politely after he had make sure that the dish was completely placed in the rack.

“Thanks for the food. It’s really delicious,” Baekhyun said sincerely.

Kyungsoo broke into a smile and he was glowing. 

“That’s good to know considering that human food can be quite hard to prepare.”

Baekhyun confusedly look at Kyungsoo and trying to digest Kyungsoo’s words.

“Umm, you don’t eat human food?” Baekhyun asked. 

“Duh, why would I eat human food?” Kyungsoo said as he walked around the kitchen. 

Then Kyungsoo stopped in the middle of the kitchen and turned to look at Baekhyun with a mortified look on his face.

“Wait, wait! You.. do you..,” Kyungsoo did not finish his sentence and he quickly stride towards Baekhyun before taking his wrist and dragged him out of the kitchen.

Soon enough, they were standing in front of the tall guy who was busy looking through several papers. 

“Park Chanyeol!” 

The tall guy lifted his head and look at Kyungsoo with an annoyed look on his face.

“Don’t you dare to give me that look. Have you told Baekhyun  what I ask you to told him?” 

“I did tell him to come down and eat breakfast,” Chanyeol simply said and shrugged.

“I give you one task and you.. ughhhh,” Kyungsoo groaned in irritation. 

“Well, why don’t you tell him considering you’re the one who’s seems eager to take action,” Chanyeol said and smirked.

“For your information it was your son who saw it. I’m glad that at least your son is not heartless as,”Kyungsoo stopped and looked at Chanyeol with a definitely guilty look.

Baekhyun can feel the tension and he can only stood there like a statue.

“Chany-Chanyeol. I’m sorry, I didn’t.”

“Go Kyungsoo. Get out and do what you have to do,” Chanyeol said and went back to look at his paper.  

Kyungsoo sighed and he pulled Baekhyun along with him.  

 

 

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were currently in the living room. 

“I don’t know how to start but I’m just going to be frank with you.”

Baekhyun nodded his head indicating he’s understood and willing to listen. 

“We’re not humans,” Kyungsoo said. 

Although he might look calm but Baekhyun surely felt the chill running through his spine at the sudden revelation. 

“We are well you can say that we are sort of like a umm..”

“A vampire. We are vampire.”

Baekhyun had lost count on how many times he flinched because of a sudden appearance of someone he didn’t know.

“Thanks Jongin,” Kyungsoo said completely not amused.

“Come on Kyungsoo, you should be proud that we are  a vampire. Right Baekhyun?” The guy, Jongin, asked the frozen Baekhyun.

“I guess,” Baekhyun answered timidly.

Jongin smiled proudly while Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes. 

“Quick question though, who were the guys that were chasing you yesterday?”Jongin asked casually. 

Baekhyun had already forgotten about yesterday incident and his heart started to race. 

“Th-they wan-want my money,” Baekhyun started his story. 

“They always bullied me but yesterday they had turned a bit aggressive. I don’t want to give them the money so they keep on forcing me and tried to use forces to take the money from me. Until one of them pushed me and started to my shirt. I- I was so desperate and I kicked him. I managed to escape but then they found me and I don’t remember what happen after that,” Baekhyun ended his story and he didn’t realised that he was crying until Kyungsoo wiped his tears and hugged him.

It’s been so long since Baekhyun felt this comfortable in someone’s arms. He let out his feelings and embraced Kyungsoo.

“Baekkie, why are you crying?” 

Recognising the voice belong to Hoon, Baekhyun quickly wiped away his tears and pulled himself from Kyungsoo. And muttered a soft ‘what am I doing, embarrassing myself like this.’

“Hoon, Nini hyung wants to play with you,” Kyungsoo said causing Jongin to raise his eyebrows and Kyungsoo stared at him until Jongin rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, sure. Let’s go Hoon,” Jongin let Hoon hold onto his pinky. 

Hoon although he was excited that Jongin wanted to play with him, felt sad and kept on looking at Baekhyun.

“It’s okay Hoonie, Kyungie hyung will look after Baekhyun. So let’s go and play now so later you can play with Baekhyun,” Jongin tried to comfort Hoon.

Kyungsoo smiled at the way Jongin conversed with Hoon. 

The boy beamed happily and dragged Jongin out from the living room probably heading to the game room.

The sniffling from his left side brought Kyungsoo attention back to Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun, do you want to know what happen yesterday?”

Baekhyun simply nodded his head.

-.-.-.-.

“I told you we are not going to find another chicken barn Jongin,” Kyungsoo groaned as they were flying.

“Daddy! Look at me. I’m flying,” Hoon grinned when he saw Chanyeol smiled at him.

“Look at you. Already growing up,” Chanyeol said and fly next to Hoon, preparing to catch his son if something happened.

Hoon was enjoying the view and he gasped when he saw people were running. 

“Daddy! Look, they are playing tag. Can I play too?” 

Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Jongin looked down, and indeed they were many people running. But what really caught their attention was the petite male that was running in front followed by the huge bulky guys. 

It doesn’t take that long for the three adults to understand the situation.

“Let them play Hoon, we can play at the mansion later,” Chanyeol coax his son but Hoon remained unmoved. Surprisingly the boy bolted and followed the crowd from the above.

“DADDY! KYUNGIE HYUNG! NINI HYUNG! Look!” Hoon shrieked once he stop flying causing the other three adults to let out a sigh of relieved as they managed to carch up with the energetic boy.

They looked down and saw how the petite boy was surrounded by the group of huge bulky guys. 

Hearing the petite male screaming for help, Hoon looked at his father with teary eyes when he saw how the huge guy yanking the smaller one’s hair.

“Daddy, let’s help him. He’s pain,” Hoon said.

“Yeah Chanyeol. Let’s go and help him. Poor boy must be so frightened,” Kyungsoo said and Jongin nodded in agreement.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “It’s none of our business, let’s just go back.”

Hoon shook his head and pouted. “Please daddy, I promise you I will listen to you and I will study.”

Chanyeol raised his left eyebrow amusedly at his son’s pleading voice.

Why is he so deemed to save the boy?

Chanyeol looked at the three vampires and sighed. “Fine, let’s go and save him.”

As soon as the word left Chanyeol’s lips, they quickly fled and attacked the group. 

By the time they had make sure that everyone had been paralysed, they looked at the boy and realised that he had already fainted. 

“We can’t leave him here,” Kyungsoo said and went to check on the boy.

Chanyeol was about to retort something but Hoon cut him.

“Let’s bring him back! I want to play with him! He’s so pretty,” Hoon said as he knelt to touch the boy’s face.

As if that was not surprising enough, Hoon placed his head on the unconscious boy’s chest and snuggled on it before he closed his eyes and drifted to Dream Land.

The three adults were surely surprised by the action. 

“H-how, did.. you see that?” Jongin was the first one to voice out. 

The silence was enough to answer Jongin’s question.

“What do we do now?” Kyungsoo asked waiting for Chanyeol to lash out, took Hoon and leave the boy.

Surprisingly Chanyeol went forward and lifted the boy as well as Hoon who was lying on the boy’s chest.

“Jongin, can you please take Hoon, and be careful to not wake him up. I’ll carry this boy and Kyungsoo make sure you prepare everything needed for this boy here once we arrive home.” 

-.-.-.-.-

Kyungsoo end his story and Baekhyun was left with so many emotions around him.

He felt lucky because he was saved.

But, now he’s in a vampire lair.

Does it supposed to make him feel any better?

“You don’t have to worry Baekhyun. We’re not the vicious type of vampire.” 

Baekhyun widened his eyes and wonder if he had speak his mind loudly.

Kyungsoo chuckled. “No, silly. We’re vampire and we were gifted you know. We can hear people’s mind.”

Baekhyun mind went blank causing Kyungsoo to let out a huge laugh attracting Hoon’s and Jongin’s attention.

“Can I play too?” Hoon came running in and plopped on the couch next to Baekhyun who was taken of guard when the boy leaned his small body against his arm.

“Why do you two seems so close already? Soo, are you leaving me?” Jongin asked with a sad puppy face.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and saw the amusement in Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Yes Baekhyun. He’s my boyfriend,” Kyungsoo said and chuckled when Baekhyun glared at him.

“Do you always have to read my mind?” 

“Can’t help it. It’s not like we see human everyday,” Kyungsoo replied.

“Daddy said, when I’m 10, I can read mind too,” Hoon snuggled closer to Baekhyun and smiled sheepishly.

Baekhyun cooed and pinched the little boy cheeks.

“You are so cute,” Baekhyun said and Hoon shrieked when Baekhyun said he wanted to bite those cheeks.

Kyungsoo and Jongin exchanged smile and watch the two of them.

“I’m really grateful and thankful to all of you for saving me. But I need to go back to my place,” Baekhyun said as Hoon had fallen asleep on his lap with his fingers lazily Hoon’s hair softly. 

Kyungsoo and Jongin were fidgeting on their seat.

“I know this might sound too much but can’t you stay?” Kyungsoo asked almost pleadingly.

“Yeah, Hoon seems really attached to you and I don’t know how he will react when you’re gone,” Jongin added.

Baekhyun was tempted by the offer but he knew that he can’t. He’s a human and they are vampire. And he didn’t think that Chanyeol will appreciate his presence any longer so it might be better for him to leave. 

Looking at Kyungsoo and Jongin face, he’s pretty sure that both of them had read his mind.

“We understand,” Kyungsoo said with a hint of sadness.