Coffee with a dash of love

Coffee with a dash of love

It’s exam week and Baekhyun is so stressed that his pimples have gotten pimples, he thinks he’s spotted several grey hairs and even the highest coverage concealer couldn’t hide his dark circles. The only thing that keeps him remotely functioning is coffee.

 

If coffee was a person he would marry it. He can’t count how many essays he’s written at 3am, coffee being the only fuel to keep him going. Kyungsoo would nag about how bad it is for him but he’s just as bad, he just hides it better. But he finds that lately the ty coffee he buys from the local convenience store just isn’t cutting it anymore and he’s tired no matter how much coffee he drinks.

 

“There’s a new café thats opened up just off campus, I heard their coffees incredible,” mentions Jongin  casually one day during lunch. Kyungsoo just shrugs, showing mild interest while Baekhyun nearly leaps from his chair at the prospect of finally ending his coffee dilemma.

 

So not even 3 hours later does Baekhyun find himself facing a little café, the bitter sweet aroma of coffee filling his entire being. He wouldn’t be surprised if he found himself drooling. He decides not to delay any further and pushes straight in, a little bell ringing from above the door.

 

The café isn’t big but it’s warm and cozy, the kind that invites you to stay and get a drink. He sees people, mostly students, sitting at wooden tables chatting with each other, soft music playing in the background. The atmosphere is calm and soothing, completely different from his stress filled mood all week. But he’s not concerned with any of that right now.

 

He makes a bee line for the queue, two people ahead of him, giving him enough time to glance over the menu and see what coffee he’d like to order. He goes with an Americano. 

 

And just as he’s about to order, the words die on his lips as he takes in the person standing in front of him. Tall with a curly mop of brown hair that looks cute and boyish, big brown doe eyes that stare at him kindly, big red lips that are pulled into the most beautiful smile he’s ever seen and big ears that stick out making him look like an elf. 

 

The man infront of him isn’t the most handsome man Baekhyuns ever seen but somehow he’s managed to take his breathe away and leave him standing there like a love struck fool. The tall mans head tilts in confusion and smiles amusingly at Baekhyun.

 

Get a grip Baekhyun 

 

“Ready to order?” Asks the cute barista and it snaps Baekhyun out of his ogling. He sees that smile on the gorgeous mans face and he immediately blushes, embarrassed that he’s been caught staring and looks down. 

 

“Um...one americano p-please,” He stutters, struggling to speak clearly  and really he wants to dig a hole and bury himself ten feet under the ground. He cringes at himself but refuses to look up, too afraid of the cute baristas reaction.

 

“That’s $2 please,” Chuckles the barista and although he has a soft face he has a deep voice to match. That’s always been a weakness of Baekhyun. 

 

Baekhyun hands over the money, his fingers barely touch the skin of the cute guy but he can feel a tingle run up his spine at the contact. The barista, still smiling speaks up again.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

Baekhyun feels his mouth go dry and suddenly he can’t remember his name, when he was born, where he goes to school, nothing. Why does cute barista guy want to know his name? I mean he knows he must look like , there’s no way a guy like that would be interested in a guy like him. 

 

But he notices cute barista guy reach for a coffee cup and the realization sets in. Of course he doesn’t want to know your name like that. Disappointment pools at the bottom of his throat but he somehow manages to thickly swallow it down. 

 

“Baekhyun”

 

The cute barista hums happily and proceeds to write on the cup. Baekhyun notices the name tag on his shirt. Chanyeol. He wishes he could call him that. His tongue itches to say it but he keeps his mouth shut, just silently watching Chanyeol scribble his name down. His fingers are long, his hand looks big and warm and Baekhyun would love nothing more than to hold hands with the cute guy infront of him.

 

When he’s done, he looks back at Baekhyun with an adoring smile, one he could easily get addicted to. Baekhyun somehow manages to smile back, his normal human functions returning little by little. Chanyeol’s big eyes widen a little before he chuckles.

 

“Just wait over there while I prepare it for you,” Chanyeol gestures to the end of the counter and Baekhyun nods, afraid of his voice betraying him. 

 

He waits patiently while Chanyeol sets to work brewing his coffee. Jongin was right, it smells heavenly. Baekhyun appreciates the sight of Chanyeol even more, his shoulder so wide and face so relaxed and happy. Anyone who gets to be friends with this man is very lucky indeed. 

 

Baekhyun barely registers Chanyeol  coming over with his coffee until he hears his deep voice.

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

In all his years on earth, never has he heard his name sound so good coming from another persons mouth. He wants him to say it again. he’d set it as his ringtone if he could. He glances up at the tall man. Chanyeol just looks at him for a few seconds, a fond look in his eyes before a laugh leaves his lips and he’s smiling towards Baekhyun. 

 

Baekhyun can do nothing but stare in awe. He can feel himself blush from his ears to his toes but he doesn’t care, not when there’s a sight like this infront of him. Chanyeol gently grabs Baekhyun’s hand and places the coffee into his hands. 

 

The tingling sensation returns, Chanyeol’s grip on his hand is warm and Baekhyun never wants him to let go but he does. 

 

“Enjoy your coffee, Baekhyun,” Winks Chanyeol, making Baekhyun splutter and blink rapidly. If he’s not mistaken, which he might certainly be due to the lack of sleep he’s gotten over the past week but it almost seems as though Chanyeol’s....flirting with him?

 

His brain short circuits. Chanyeol gives him one last flirty smile before walking back to the counter to take the next costumers order. Baekhyun stands there in shock for a few seconds. No way, I must be imagining it. 

 

He shakes his head and sits down at one of the free tables, close enough that Baekhyun can see Chanyeol. He takes a sip and the delicious liquid warms his throat and he nearly lets out a moan because this is what he’s been looking for. 

 

He takes another sip and looks around the café. He looks at the table beside him and notices that neither of their cups has anything written on them. Confused he checks the next table and sure enough it’s the same. He looks around the whole café and finds not a single cup with a name written on it. What the hell?

 

He stares down at his own cup in confusion. He quizzically picks it up and turns it around. He feels his breathe catch in his throat.

 

Baekhyun, are you caffeine? Because I can feel my heart race when I’m with you. Here’s my number, call me ❤️

 

Chanyeol XXX-XXX-XXX

 

 

And when Baekhyun looks over at Chanyeol their eyes connect and Chanyeol flashes him the most genuine smile and Baekhyun feels his heart beat out of his chest. He shyly looks away before looking back up seconds later and flashing Chanyeol a smile of his own. Chanyeol places a hand over his heart and pretends he’s been hit by Baekhyun’s cuteness to which the smaller laughs at. Chanyeol can’t help the goofy laugh that escapes his lips either.

 

 

And from that day on he didn’t need to go to a café and buy coffee. He had his own personal barista to do it for him, made with lots of love.