Prologue

Remember when...

I was cleaning up my room after getting scold for the hundredth time by my mother. She talked about how messy it was with all the clothes on the floor, on the bed and also on that one chair. I had enough, so I hopped off my bed, left my phone and started my cleaning with the clothes. 

Highschool ended. Yippie! Being in a boarding school was hard. Imagine being far away from your family for about 300+ kilometres, that was not easy. My friends came from different states, some from the farthest state in the country. That was why I knew every culture of every ethnic in my country after mingling with diverse of people.

I remembered my biggest policy in my life, eventually my school life which was I never wanted to be in a relationship because I knew it would drag me away from my studies. And that was not what I wanted. I hold onto the policy firm for my whole school adventure but I had never forbid myself from liking any boys, since I knew feelings came naturally and it was not something you could stop. So that was me for the entire of my school life, having crushes and no boyfriends. 

However, I broke it in my senior year. 

Cliché, it was normal for seniors to be in a relationship. But I never thought I would be one of them. I never thought a boy would like me as much as I liked them. But trust me, I had never thought I liked my first love in the first place. 

When I stepped into senior year, I had a crush. His name was Jason. As tall as 183 centimetres, had good looks and he was even good in mathematics. He was sort of weak in his Chemistry but he could still get the hang of it. I knew him since I was in junior year, he was that bad guy. 

How did I liked him? I didn't even know where to start. The thing was he was a jerk when I found out he dated my best friend in June. Luckily, I stopped my feelings for him in May, even though it hurt a little. Anyway, I prayed the best for my best friend. 

I tried moving on, feeling betrayed in the first place when I knew my best friend dated him. She knew about my feelings for him but she still did it behind my back? Even though I moved on, it still hurt, you know? It was not about the boy, it was how untrustworthy my friend was. I cried because of my best friend for a few days. But I knew, I was not going to waste my friendship with her just because of a stupid boy who happened to love her. I proceeded, with the intention to never let a guy came crashing my heart again. 

After two months of no crush, I made a lot of male friends. I came to know guys were actually nice when you did not have any feelings for each other. You know where you were just chilling with them, listening to their stupid jokes and laughed? That was nice. And I had a good time when I knew they found me great to be friends too. 

I knew Chanyeol since junior year too. He wore glasses and he hung out with girls more than guys. He said he was used to having girl friends. When I first met him, I thought he was gay because that was what he looked like. He could be girlish sometimes, he even picked his nose using a cotton bud. I mean, people did it with bare hands, okay? I got close to him because of some club works. That was the time when I found out he liked my classmate, Moon. He had been crushing on her since senior year January and the whole school knew except for me. I was determined to help him, as I realized he was a nice guy who wouldn't play with a girl's heart. And I stood up for good guys. 

I helped him connect Moon, I asked her why didn't she liked Chanyeol. Moon said it was simply bacuse Chanyeol was too clingy and Chanyeol was just not her type. I frowned, that was so lame. And I was shocked to know Moon was crushing on a bad boy, who was crushing on her too. Since then, Moon had been looking for my advices on this boy. 

I did not want to betray Chanyeol, he was a nice guy. I could not help him if I helped Moon with this new guy. I saved the news to myself for two weeks until eventually, I felt too bad for Chanyeol. I told him about Moon's recent feelings, and I had never seen him so devastated. Suddenly, Chanyeol said that he could see it coming. So he already prepared for another move on. You see, like I told you guys, Chanyeol was a great guy, he loved a girl genuinely I could see it through his eyes and the way he spoke. I wanted the best for him.

I didn't know what I could do for him, so I said I could only support him through every of his steps, pushing him to whatever goods he wanted. I would be right behind his back. I remembered he smiled to me that night, and asked for a picture with me. So yeah. we took a picture and we were still friends.

I could still clearly remembered how I was dragged by my another best friend, Ivy to the farthest staircase from our class. How blunt I was when she asked me if I was ready to let another guy into my heart if this guy was really serious with me. I was speechless because I did not expect any of that, and I said, "I can, but it's gonna be hard." 

Ivy was insisting on me to accept this guy who liked me. A guy, liked me? You see, I was never that pretty girl in the school. I was just a normal girl, I wore glasses too but not the too nerdy one, and I had to admit I did have the looks but not as much as anyone else, and I only had a slightly better grades than everyone. I was that typical girl who talked to everyone and I was also that cool girl who could talk to every guy without any awkwardness.

"Come on, it's Chanyeol!"

I choked, I really choked. 

If I was not mistaken, that picture was took five days before. It was only five days and Chanyeol liked me? After I helped hin trying to get the girl he liked? I was stunned by how quick this guy moved. 

I was bejng dubious with what Ivy said, like really, you sure it was him? Ivy said it was, he spoke to her that evening about how he liked me because he found out he needed a girl who would always support him all the way. 

Chanyeol was a great guy, no kidding. I loved how he did his works, he wanted everything to be perfect and neatly done. He craved for the best, but he was not a perfectionist. He just wanted everything to be nice. And that was good. He was responsible with his positions, and he handled it good. 

Chanyeol came from a rich family. His das was an education officer and his mum was a teacher. He had this rich kid look and everything he wore was branded. He was the definition of fine. He took good care of his looks and and his glasses had that hipster vibe and wow his shoes shined. 

If I were to stand next to him, I'd looked like a rotten potato. 

I was doubting about his feelings. He couldn't be serious, could he? That fast? But Ivy was convincing me that Chanyeol really did liked me. You know how a girl knew when a guy really liked someone? Yup, that was what Ivy kept on saying. She was sure that Chanyeol liked me. 

So, I told her, "If Chanyeol really does want me, then he needs to put efforts, show me how much he wants me."

And wow, the results were incredible. 

The next day, Chanyeol bought me ice cream. And the next day he wished me good night and don't tire myself too much. After that, he asked me about all my ex-crushes, how did I liked them and he confessed to me that one evening. 

I was still heart-broken by Jason, but I knew not letting him go was just another stupid thing I would do. So why not I accept Chanyeol and try new things with him? We never knew what would happen, did we? So, I told him, "Fine. Let's do this."

We were officially a pair.

 

 

(P/S : This one was about how the girl met her boyfriend and how they got together. The next one would be the girl missing him. I hope you enjoyed!)