final

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Y/n sighed for the umpteenth time that evening. He had called nearly all of his friends trying to find a model for his photography assignment with no luck. Maybe if I call Minho, he’ll know someone. Dialing Minho’s number, y/n began to think of the possibility that he wouldn’t know anyone either but his thoughts were interrupted before he could finish his thought by Minho answering the phone.

“Hello?” Minho had asked. He must not have checked the ID. Y/n chuckled a bit at the thought

“Minho! Hey I was just wondering; can you model for me for my project due next week? It’s really important and is worth, like, 25% of my grade. Please?” he was sure Minho could hear his pout through the phone.

“Sorry bubs I can’t.” Minho said, and was greeted with a whine of ‘why not?’.

“I don’t want to that’s why.” He explained.

“That’s so mean! This for a grade you er!” y/n exclaimed.

“Rude. Hold on I think I might know someone who would be willing to do it. I’ll text you about it later!” and with that Minho hung up. Okay then.

And Minho kept his promise. He texted y/n two hours later to tell him his friend would be willing to model for him. He didn’t provide a name or picture, but told him that the two would meet at a café downtown tomorrow at noon and honestly, y/n didn’t care that he didn’t know the boys name or his face. He just desperately needed a model at this point.

Y/n had gone to bed a little while after he got the news of his new model, sleeping a lot better than we would’ve had he (read as Minho) not had found one. It did take him a bit to get asleep though, he had been wondering who the ‘mystery model’ was. The next day, around 11:50, y/n stood outside the café he agreed to meet the mystery model at. He stood out there for a few moments trying to calm down a bit, he had never been too good at meeting new people. When he finally entered, he started to look around the café, trying to find someone who could possibly be his model only for some guy to come up to him asking if he was y/n. But that wasn’t just ‘some guy’. That was Kim mother ing Woojin. Woojin went to his university, they had never talked but y/n was basically head over heels for the other male. When you put it that way it sounded odd but he shared classes with him and has heard stories from Minho (who knew of y/n’s crush on Woojin).

“Uh, yes, yes that’s me.” He responded, obviously nervous. His cheeks had also gone a soft pink color. Woojin chuckled, before giving a small introduction to y/n who just nodded trying to not seem like he already knew a lot about the other boy. They talked for a bit trying to get to know each other a bit better after all, they would be working together. Then, they decided when and where they’d go to get photos. Despite Woojin being very nice and friendly, y/n was stillnervous taking to him. He figured it was because of his, what he deemed, stupid crush on the other male.

On Saturday they both met at the park like they had discussed beforehand. It was beautiful out, the leaves looked lovely, after all they were changing to pretty oranges, yellows and reds.  Woojin was dressed in an autumn appropriate outfit, which was very boyfriend material if y/n did say so himself. Y/n had a pink blush on his face the whole time they were doing the shoot. Y/n had actually ended up using Woojin as his model for everything and the other male didn’t really mind. Woojin had also picked up on the fact that y/n was shy. Every time he would try to talk to him, he would always get stuttered replies in a low voice. To Woojin it was very obvious that the boy had some type of crush on him. Well actually, if Minho hadn’t told him, he would’ve thought y/n wasn’t comfortable around him. But Minho had told him. He knew that y/n likes him, Woojin found himself starting to develop a small crush on the other male as well. He was sweet and cute. Woojin liked sweet you and cute boys. There was also no doubt in his mind that y/n was talented. The boy knew how to work the camera in all the right angles and edited beautifully.

One day after a particularly long shoot, Woojin approached y/n with all intentions on asking him out. When he went through with his plan y/n was in complete surprise. “Wha, what? Yo, you actually want to go on a date with, with me?” y/n had stuttered out. And Woojin replied, with complete confidence, that he did want to go out with the other male. Y/n had accepted with quite a shocked face, which made Woojin raise as if to question him.

“I’m, I’m sorry I just didn’t think someone like you would ever be interested in someone like me.” y/n mumbled. “Someone like me?” Woojin inquired. “Ya know someone just so confident and cool and kind and sweet and oh gosh you’re great-” y/n cut himself off before he could embarrass himself anymore than he already had. “Well, I think you’re great too.” Woojin said, a slight smirk on his face as he leaned in and placed a feather light kiss to y/n’s cheek.

“I’ll text you the details of our date later!” he shouted as he walked away. Y/n just watched, his face burning bright red as he slowly lifted a hand to his cheek, touching exactly where Woojin had kissed him.