final.

i don't mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was half past midnight. Minjoo was having a very sweet dream, eating her favorite snack she hasn't had in awhile, unconsciously drooling in the middle of her sleep, when she was suddenly woken up by the sound of someone whimpering. She blinks, before letting out a small grunt. Damn it, she was having her favorite snack!

The black-haired girl tries going back to sleep, hoping that she can continue her previous dream. No avail. She was once again woken up by another whimper that seems to have come from the girl on the bottom bunk.

“Yujin?” Her voice was hoarse, resulting to herself almost laughing at herself for how bad it sounds. She then clears , before trying again one more time, “Yujinie?”

No respond aside from another whimper. The older girl frowns, then decided to come down to check on the other girl. Apparently the latter seems like she was shivering, and so Minjoo fixes the blankets as she tucks the girl in properly.

Yujin indeed looks like an adorable puppy when she's asleep. It immediately brought a smile to Minjoo's lips, a soft one to be exact. Her hand found its way to the younger girl's brown locks, caressing it. Moving to the cheek, it was warm. And lastly to the forehead, it waㅡ

“You're hot!” She whispers-screams, before blinking rapidly as she realizes what she was saying. “Wait, I mean, not hot as in hot. But hot as in.. boiling”

She almost hit herself for still having a thought that it's not wrong that she's actually hot too. She goes to check the temperature on Yujin's neck as well and, “Yujin-ah! I think you got a fever!”

Her loud voice woke the brunette up from her sleep. When Yujin realizes their faces were just inches apart, she screams. Loudly. Resulting to Minjoo screaming along.

“What?! Why are you screaming?”

“Unnie, wh─”

The door bursts open, the lights were , showing a concerned rabbit by the door with a duck following behind. “WHAT HAPPENE─”

Another scream. This one's from Yena.

“W-were you guys kissing?”

“No!” Minjoo and Yujin exclaims at the same time, before the older of the two then tries to get away from her position that time, moving as far as possible (after knocking her head on the bed above).

“Yujin is hot! I mean, she’s boiling! I think she might have a fever?” Minjoo tries to explain to the two frowning girls, who were impatiently waiting for an explanation. Eunbi quickly rushes to Yujin's side as soon as she hears that and immediately goes to check the girl's temperature, (awhile Minjoo sighing, trying to calm herself down).

“How do you feel right now, Yujin?”

“Uh, chilly I guess?” A sneeze followed.

Almost like a real doctor, the leader clicked her tongue. “I think you’re having a fever and a cold. Hm, now Yena, you should go back to sleep. Minjoo, can you prepare a damp cloth for this kid while I'm calling our manager to ask for medicines?”

Minjoo nods, Yena salutes. The two leaves the room immediately to do their assigned order, parting ways right after Yena whispers to the latter, “Hey I thought you two were kissing for real”

Minjoo only rolls her eyes in response, before muttering to herself not too long after. “Why would I kiss Yujin?”

 

 

“You should rest, unnie. I'll take care of Yujin”

Eunbi reluctantly agrees, after hearing a few more arguments from both Minjoo and Yujin about something like the leader must be tired after all their schedules, and that she's old already.

When the oldest has left the room, Minjoo turns the lights off then takes a sit on the edge of Yujin's bed. “You too, Yujin. Go to sleep”

“You should sleep too, unnie”

“I’ll watch you until you fall asleep first” The black-haired girl replies, reaching her hand out to caress the other's hair again. “Don't be such a rebel. Or do I need to say jaljayo, min-night again for you to go to sleep?”

Yujin shakes her head, in a teasing manner. “You really don’t have to, unnie”

“Why, I thought you liked it?”

“Who told you that? And stop pouting, I thought you didn't like doing it either” The younger one replies, almost laughing as she sees Minjoo huffs, still with a pout.

The pout was quickly turned into a small smile though, when Yujin scoots over and motioning the older girl to lay beside her.

As soon as Minjoo did, the brunette wraps her arms around the other girl's petite figure, pulling her closer. Luckily the bed has enough space for two people to fit in. One problem though, Minjoo wasn't sure if this position is good for her weak heart that's now beating so fast, too fast that she almost thinks it's not normal.

“I'm sorry, I must've woken you up earlier”

Minjoo only smiles in return. I mean, yes she was having the greatest dream ever, but she couldn’t blame Yujin as well since it's not even her fault. Besides, she'd rather be here, inbetween Yujin's arms, awake, rather than being on her own bed, alone, fast asleep leaving the other girl shivering.

“Don't be sorry, Yujinie. It's not your fault to be sick either”

“Well, about that..” The younger one avoids looking into Minjoo's eyes this time, as she chuckles sheepishly. “Earlier when I went to the convenience store with Hyewon unnie, I might have refused to use the umbrella eventhough it was raining heavily”

“Yeah, you're an idiot”

“Hey! I bet you did that as well when you're still young” She says, trying to defend herself, only to receive another eye-roll from Minjoo. “But not on purpose! And excuse you, Ahn Yujin, we're only two years apart”

“Oops, right. Might have forgotten that for awhile since your nag really sounded like my mom” Yujin's playful grin quickly turned into a pout as a light

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter