Final.

Ring My Bell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❄ unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes ❄

 

Ten dollars, a gum wrapper, and a water bottle cap. This is all Kyungsoo finds when he looks into his donation bucket. He knows this time of the year is usually when people’s wallets are bit light due to having to buy presents and all, but damn. He’s been out in the cold for five hours and all he has to show for it is ten dollars and two pieces of trash. Isn’t this is the time of the year when people are more generous towards charity?

Kyungsoo’s been volunteering to be a bell ringer for the local orphanage for about five years now. He gets the same spot every year, right in front of the coffee shop that’s about a fifteen minute walk away from his apartment complex. It’s a pretty nice spot especially during this time of the year since the foot traffic is pretty heavy with people craving warm drinks and a place to relax in as the temperature drops.

He doesn’t exactly love standing outside in the freezing winter air for hours a day, but it’s for a good cause and he would hate to see an orphanage get shut down due to budget cuts. At least they never make him wear a santa costume like they did with Chanyeol. Not that Chanyeol even minds, he’s always liked wearing the big red suit and itchy white beard- Kyungsoo’s not sure why.

Kyungsoo sighs as he rings his bell and stuffs his free hand deep down into his coat pocket to shield from the cold. He really should’ve worn gloves; his hands feel like they’re going to fall off any minute. It’s almost nine p.m when he checks his watch, which means he finally gets to go home. He’s about to take down his donation bucket when a young man calls out to him and jogs in his way.

The stranger is about his height with chocolate brown hair peeking out from beneath his black beanie. Kyungsoo blinks and watches as the stranger’s hands fumble with something in the pocket of his oversized grey hoodie. Kyungsoo taps his foot impatiently as he checks his phone, he really just wants to go home and get out of the cold.

“Last minute donation,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter