Final.

It's You, I Always Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❄ unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes ❄

 

 

 

Winter has always been their favorite season. Ever since Baekhyun and Kris met each other on the snow covered playground at the park by their houses at the age of ten, the season’s always had a special place in their hearts. Even now that they’re both in college and no longer living in their hometown, they still make it tradition to go back to the park every December to have their annual snowball fight.

This year they’re staying at Baekhyun’s house for the holidays. Baekhyun’s parents always love having Kris over since the two of them have been best friends for ten years now. Their house is only a ten minute walk to the park, so the two of them go since they were absolutely no help in the kitchen.

Baekhyun quickly busies himself with making a snowman and Kris starts making snowballs for later. “So,” Baekhyun starts as he rolls a ball of snow for the body, “Are you dating anyone?”

The taller frowns. “No, if I was I would’ve told you.”

“Really? No one at all?”

“I mean I went out on a few dates with this one guy, but that’s it”

Baekhyun dramatically points at the other as if he just caught him in a lie. “See! I knew you were hiding something from me. What kind of best friend are you!”

Kris scoffs. “I wasn’t hiding it. There’s nothing to tell, nothing happened.”

They both continue to work on their snow projects until Baekhyun speaks up again, as he always does. “You’ve like, never been in a long term relationship, why is that?”

“Yah it’s not like you have either,” the taller grumbles. “Don’t make it sound like I’m some loser.”

Baekhyun playfully throws a handful of snow at Kris’s back. “We’re not talking about me right now! Stop trying to avoid the subject.” The other mutters a ‘I don’t know’ under his breath.

“Do you have someone you like or something?” the shorter wonders aloud.

“No,” Kris snorts. He avoids looking at the other. Baekhyun looks like he doesn’t quite believe him and he continues to bug his friend about it.

“You do! Who is it? Tell me. You have to, I’m your best friend,” he chirps excitedly as he clings onto Kris’s back like a koala.

The shorter falls back into the snow, landing with a thump and effectively pulls Kr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter