GAME

GAME

Dark. That was the first thing Irene saw when she opened the door to her apartment. Is there no one at home? But Seulgi should be at home.

"Seulgi?"

She the light, walked towards the living room, nothing. She glanced at the kitchen too.

"Seulgi?"called Irene. "Did she go out?" Irene walked to her room, how shocked she was when she opened the door and found a dark room with Seulgi in bed while playing with her phone.

She the light. "Seulgi-ya ..."

"Oh, Hyun, have you come home?"asked Seulgi without looking at Irene.

"You don't turn on the lights again?"

As if just remembered, "Ah right, I forgot" said Seulgi. "I am sorry…"

"Don't get used to it, Seul" Irene said then put down her bag. "And how many times have I said, don't play in the dark it's not good for your eyes,"

"Yes, I'm so—"

"Look at me if you're really sorry."

Seulgi stopped the game she played then looked at Irene. "Sorry.."

Irene sighed. "Never repeat it again, you understand?" Seulgi nodded her head. "Promise?"

"Promise." Seulgi said then continued the game.

"Have you had dinner?" Irene asked then took her clothes, then walked towards the bathroom.

"Not yet, I'm waiting for you" Seulgi answered.

"Just say that you don't want to cook," said Irene, who was only returned with a grin by Seulgi.

"You know me well,"

They decided to make kimchi fried rice with fried eggs because Seulgi said she wanted to eat it. She just had to fry the eggs, everything was ready.

"Seul, can you please get me a plate?"

"..."

Irene turned and saw Seulgi still playing her phone. "Seulgi-ya!"

"Yes? What do you need? Salt? Do you need more eggs? "

"Get me a plate or you don't have dinner." Hearing that Seulgi rushed to get the plate, five.

"I only need two," Irene said, taking a plate from Seulgi's hand. "Thank you,"

Seulgi smells from fried rice. She took a spoon and took a bite of fried rice straight from the pan.

Irene chuckled at her. "You're very impatient huh?"

"You just wait at the dinner table, I'll bring it" said Irene. She divided the artificial fried rice into two, then put fried eggs on each plate. After that bring it to the dining table.

She sighed when Seulgi focused back on the game. "Time to eat, Seul"

"A little bit more,"

Irene ate while watching her lover in silence. She knew that since she knew Seulgi, her lover loved playing games. Whether on phones, computers, and console games. But in the past year Seulgi has become more frequent and rarely spends time with her, even just chatting does not have time. She and Seulgi had discussed this before and Seulgi said that she apologized and would reduce it. But as you can see, Seulgi hasn't changed at all.

"You can continue the game later, now you eat first," said Irene.

Seulgi pouted and put down her phone and started eating. But it didn't last long because in the end Seulgi played her phone between her chews.

*****

"Where is my detergent?" Irene asked when she did not find detergent in the shopping bag that Seulgi had brought.

"What detergent?" Asked Seulgi -still playing-.

"I sent a message to you to buy detergent,"

Seulgi checks the notification. "Ah sorry I didn't check it,"

.

.

"Today I will make Ramyeon, I know you must be tired," said Seulgi who was boiling ramyeon.

"Okay, I'll take a shower and change clothes"

After cleaning up, Irene came out of the room and smelled a burning smell, she ran to the kitchen and saw steaming smoke coming from the pan.

Seulgi looks at Irene apologetically. "Sorry, I immediately forgot that I cooked ramyeon"

Irene sighed. "I'll order food,"

.

.

Irene saw Seulgi playing with a towel on her head. "If it's done, don't place the towel on the bed,"

"Okay,"

But a few moments later ...

"How many times did I say don't put towels on the bed!"

"Sorry I forgot"

.

.

Irene sat anxiously on her desk while making the presentation material she would present in half an hour. She cursed herself for being careless making the presentation material disappear. She wanted to cry now. Luckily, Wendy -her work partner- wants to help her.

The day the meeting went quite smoothly, she seemed to want to go home and immediately rested. Warm bath, after that she will eat ramyeon then go to sleep, imagining it makes Irene even more impatient.

But it seems that all of that Irene must have buried deeply because when she returned home, Irene found the house in the dark, again. Then when she the light she saw a very messy living room, magazines everywhere, snack bags, sofa cushions that were not in place. She immediately walked to her room. She opened the door roughly and saw Seulgi playing on a computer in a dark room. She the light.

"How many times did I say not to play in the dark, Seulgi!"

Seulgi was shocked and stood up from her seat.

"Then why is the living room so messy? You don't take care of it ?! "

"I-I forgot—"

"Forget?". Irene looked at a computer screen that featured a game that Seulgi was playing. "You promised me to reduce your playing activities, Seul!"

"Yes, I know, I'm sorry,"

"Until when do you keep apologizing and keep repeating it again?!" Said Irene. "You also forgot to turn on the lights, you think our house is a haunted house ?!"

"...Then is it hard to clear the middle room for a moment—"

"Arghh!! Why are you always nagging?! I also told you that I forgot, did you never forget?! "Seulgi said irritably. She was tired of getting scolding.

Irene took a deep breath. "Seulgi, this is all not healthy for you. You play too much until you forget to eat, you don't care about it, "said Irene. "I do this because I care about you—"

"Then don't mind me! Care for yourself! "

Irene throws her bag right at Seulgi's head. "STUPID!"

Seulgi was shocked when Irene shouted at her, for 4 years since having a relationship even though Irene never raised her voice, even though they were fighting. She saw her lover's eyes filled with tears.

Oh .

"Irene—"

"Then I won't care about you anymore"

It was Irene's last sentence before she left the room slamming the door while Seulgi threw herself curled up on the bed. Cry.

*****

Her eyes felt heavy when she woke up. Seulgi glanced at the clock on the wall, eleven o'clock at night. She groaned while stretching her body. But suddenly she froze when she remembered the incident a few hours ago.

Then I won't care about you anymore

Irene's sentence rang in her head. She jumped out of bed and came out of the room. "Rene? Irene ... ". Seulgi shouted for Irene.

"Irene ..."

Seulgi searched the living room, kitchen, every corner of the house but did not find the existence of Irene at all. She panicked.

"Irene...Irene Bae!"

Seulgi ran back to the room and grabbed her phone trying to contact Irene.

"Damn it!" Seulgi said when she heard Irene's phone ring in the bag lying on the floor. Not desperate, she called Wendy.

"Hello Wendy ..."

Seulgi grabs her coat and walks out. "Are you with Irene?" She grabbed the car key and got out of the house.

"No no, alright, thank you." Seulgi hung up before Wendy could ask questions.

Seulgi enters her car and follows the darkness of the night looking for the presence of Irene. Starting from around their apartment, Irene's office, their usual café date, but one Irene was there. Seulgi wants to cry. If anything happens with Irene, she will never forgive herself for the rest of her life.

She feels that she is the most ungrateful human being who has a very extraordinary and very caring lover like Irene. For the first time since they became lovers, Seulgi felt like a bad lover. She cursed for saying that sentence. Now where should she find Irene, tonight is colder than the previous night. The bag is in the house which means Irene is out not carrying money. What if she is hungry? What if she's cold and can't buy drinks to warm her body?

How is this, what should she do?

Finally after an hour of searching in all the places Irene usually visited, Seulgi decided to go home and hoped that Irene had returned home.

Seulgi took off her sandals and saw Irene's shoes, did Irene go home?

"Rene? Irene!"

Irene was not in the living room and kitchen, she immediately ran in the room. "Irene?!"

Also nothing.

"Irene? Irene Bae! Where are you?"

Seulgi decides to go back to the living room then sits on the sofa. How about this? What if Irene really didn't care about her then left?

She glanced at the neatly arranged magazine, the sofa cushion was in place, and there were no more packets of snacks scattered. Seeing that all Seulgi immediately cried loudly, even with what she had said Irene still cared about her.

"Stupid, why am I so stupid?" Seulgi banged her head. "You're a jerk Seulgi, you don't deserve Irene, you jerk"

Seulgi crying sadly. "I really deserve it, I—"

"Seulgi?"

Seulgi's cry stopped when she heard her name being called. She looked up and saw Irene using pink pajamas with a picture of a rabbit standing in front of her.

"Seulgi—"

Seulgi pulled Irene to fall into her lap, she hugged Irene tightly. Crying.

"I'm sorry, really sorry. Please don't leave me,"Seulgi said. "I know I'm a jerk, I'm sorry. This time I'm really sorry, I won't repeat it again. Really"

"I won't play anymore, please don't go"

Irene released Seulgi's arms and cupped her cheeks. "Seulgi ..."

"Don't stop caring about me," Seulgi said softly.

Irene smiled and shook her head. "I will never stop..". She rubbed Seulgi's cheeks, removing the tears flowing there. Seeing Seulgi crying like this made her heart hurt. "Because I love you"

Hearing that made Seulgi's cries even louder. Oh god, Irene forgot that her lover was like a big baby.

"Hey stop crying, I'm here"

"I-I don't deserve you"

"What nonsense, stop talking nonsense and stop crying. Don't disturb the neighbors, "Irene said.

Seulgi tried to stop her crying, but tears kept flowing from her eyes. Irene hugged her, "Shhh ... I'm here, I won't leave you" whispered Irene.

She Seulgi's back trying to calm her down. Slowly the Seulgi's crying subsided but suddenly she heard another voice.

Seulgi hungry.

Irene chuckled while Seulgi sank her face into Irene's neck, embarrassed.

"Do you want Ramyeon?"

Seulgi nodded her head, making Irene laugh. "Well let's make ramyeon before my big baby gets hungry"

.

.

"Tasty?"

Seulgi nodded her head, Irene smiled seeing Seulgi eat heartily. She took ramyeon and put it in Seulgi's bowl. "Eat a lot.."

"You also have to eat a lot," Seulgi said.

"It's okay, surely you are hungry after tired of crying and looking for me" said Irene. "Where are you looking for?"

"To the place where you usually visit," said Seulgi then looked down embarrassed.

"All? Really?". Seulgi nodded her head.

"Looks like there is one place that you haven't been to,"

"Where?"

"Balcony,"

The words suddenly made Seulgi startled.

"So far, you—Balcony…you..."

Irene looked at Seulgi, she felt guilty. "Yes, I did not go out. I was on the balcony, trying to cool my heart and mind ”

Seulgi looked at Irene, her eyes seriously looking at the woman. Slowly tears came out of her eyes. Irene panicked and immediately approached Seulgi and hugged her. "Hey hey forgive me, oh my God, I'm sorry ..."

Seulgi hugs irene, she is embarrassed to know that Irene saw it all "I'm ashamed…"

Irene frowned. "Why?"

"You see everything, seeing me panic, even crying"

Irene laughed. "Don't laugh," Seulgi said.

"You're very funny," Irene said. "I Love You"

"I love you too"

Irene let go of her arms and looked at Seulgi. "How can I leave this super cute girlfriend, hm?"

"But I'm a jerk,"

"Nooo ..". Irene cupped Seulgi's cheeks. "You're just a little stubborn"

"Now let's continue eating, it's not good to make my big baby hungry," Irene said, then sat back down.

"I'm not a big baby" Seulgi whined.

"Yes, you're a big baby"

Seulgi frowned while feeding ramyeon to her mouth.

.

.

After eating ramyeon, they decided to go to bed. Today is the tiring day for both of them.

Irene came out of the bathroom and saw Seulgi shutting down the computer. "Seul ..."

"Are you ready to sleep?"

Irene nodded her head then climbed into bed followed by Seulgi. She pulled Irene into her arms, she caressed Irene's head.

"Seulgi ..."

"Hm?"

"After this you can still play,". Seulgi's caress stopped.

Irene looked at Seulgi. "That's okay, I know that playing the game is your hobby for a long time, I can't forbid you to stop" said Irene. "But I beg to reduce it, give me more time, for us"

Irene smiled softly. "I miss our time,"

Seulgi grabbed Irene's hand to kiss. "I'm sorry, really"

"I promise to reduce it,"

"Thank you,"

"No, thank you," Seulgi said. "Thank you for being patient with me, thank you. Even after everything I've done you still let me play games ”

"I know I have often broken my promise to you, but this time you can hold my promise, I will not disappoint you," said Seulgi.

"I trust you,"

Seulgi smiled and kissed Irene's lips. "I love you"

Irene smiled. "I love you too"

*****

Irene put on her earrings, checked her appearance again and finished. She grabs her clutch and walks up to Seulgi who is playing the game.

"Come on Seul,"

"Oh ok." Seulgi stopped the game and put her phone in her pocket. She looked up and looked at Irene.

"Wow you are so beautiful,"

Irene tucked the strands of her hair in her ears. "Thank you,"

Seulgi smiled seeing Irene's cheeks blushing, she reached out her hand. "Ready to go?"

Irene chuckled and grabbed Seulgi's hand. "Ready, princess ..."

The two of them then walked away from the apartment, to their date to celebrate the five years of their relationship.



i hope you like it :)