Ferris Wheel

Rollercoaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin fiddled with her phone, flipping between doing mindless activities and staring at the newly added contact in her phone. She opened the message app, intending to finally message Minju before closing it again. Yuri offered her a bite of the cotton candy they just bought when Yena let out a laugh. “This is just sad now...Just text her, Yujin.”

“It’s not that easy.” Yujin groaned as she plopped onto the bench, ripping off a piece of cotton candy and letting it dissolve in .

“Yes it is. Watch.” Yena said, taking Yujin’s phone from her hand and sending a quick text before Yujin had time to react. As soon as she finished she handed the phone back to Yujin.

“Hey!! Why would you--oh she responded.”

hi :)

Minju

hey!! Was wondering when you’d text or call

wait this is yujin right?

It is!

Minju

awesome!! What are you up to?

Just got out of the haunted house with chaeyeon and sakura

Theyre the couple im third wheeling btw

Ooh nice! Was it scary?

We just got some cotton candy

Minju

Nah not really but sakura did

Might have just been an excuse to hold chaeyeon’s hand though

If you want..do you wanna meet up?

I'd love to :)

*like

Minju

Great!! Meet me by the carnival games!!

See you in a few minutes

 

Yujin couldn’t contain the smile on her face. Suddenly feeling a burst of energy, she jumped from the bench and brought Yena and Yuri into a group hug. “I’ll see you two later!” She exclaimed and skipped off to her destination.

Yuri wiped a fake tear away from her eye and turned to Yena. “They grow up so fast.” The couple fake sobbed as they watched Yujin leave.  

 

----------------------------------------

 

Yujin arrived at the carnival game section of the amusement park and waited by the basketball game. She texted Minju which game she was near and played with her hands, trying to calm her nerves. A few minutes later, she spots Minju’s smiling face in the crowd and returns it with a small wave.

“Long time no see.” Yujin commented. “Ready to play some games?” They started at the basketball game they were already near and Yujin was extremely confident in her ability to win. She only had to make one basket out of three tries to win. Piece of cake. Yujin thought. She quickly learned it wasn’t as easy as it seems. Yujin got extremely close to making it every time but no matter what the ball wouldn’t go into the basket. After failing the third time, Yujin let out a frustrated groan. “Why won’t the ball go in?”

Minju laughed. “You know these are rigged right?” She said in between her fits of laughter. “They make these games look winnable but really there's some kind of trick.” Yujin pouted in response.

“Why do you always laugh at my misery?” Yujin questioned, turning her body towards her company.

Minju gave her a small smile. “Cause you’re cute.” Yujin could only hear her heart beating in her ears as her face became red. She broke eye contact and quickly searched for something else to do.

“How about that game?” Yujin pointed to the balloon dart game. “That seems more doable.” Minju nodded and they made their way over. Still fired up from her loss, Yujin slammed money on the counter. The teenager running the stand gave her a weird look but still exchanged the money for three darts. “Is this another money scheme? They say you need to pop four balloons to get a prize but you only get three darts.” Yujin questioned.

Minju only shrugged in response. “Maybe but I know you can do it.” With newfound co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter