Final

I still


Jennie's hands felt cold. She was on her way to Paris for a Chanel event. She really did not want to come, but Chanel's CEO insisted to President Yang that she needs to go there. She was nervous, and excited at the same time.

Her manager left her, when a pair of mysterious eyes locked into hers. They were very familiar, and when that person smiled, she knew who it was right away.

"Rosé.."
"Jennie... it's been a while."

Her voice sounded the same, it's still like music to her ears. Jennie's hands were now trembling, her coldness amplified by the presence of this girl.

Rosé noticed that Jennie's trembling. She knows very well that Jennie's sensitive to cold temperature, and looking at what she's wearing now, a blue and green Chanel blouse and pants ensemble, which, has a very thin fabric, she can only imagine how cold she might have felt. She took off her overcoat and put it on top of Jennie's shoulders. Jennie flinched, surprised by her ex-lover's action.


"Thank you." She mumbled.


Rosé did not leave, instead, she sat beside Jennie, which made the other girl confused.

"Rosé.."

"Let me hide here for a minute, I'm sick of talking to people." Rosé said while pouting.

Jennie felt the urged to pinch the other girl's cheek but she stopped herself.

"Hey, I'm a 'people' too." Jennie said with her eyes rolling.

Rosé chuckled and said, "You're a dumpling."

Jennie was taken aback but a small smile appeared on her lips.

"You're a dumpling!"
"Ya Park Chaeyoung!! I said stop calling me dumpling, you.. you.. chipmunk!!"
"What did you just call me?!" Rosé's eyes squinted towards her girlfriend. She moved her face closer to Jennie's. Suddenly, Jennie slapped her forehead. She was shocked and she fell from the couch. Jennie laughed hard and run towards her room. She got up and ran after her.

"Jennie Kim!! You dumpling!!"

They were running around until Rosé finally caught Jennie in the corner.
"Ya, Rosé ahh you're scary!!!"
"What did you call me again?!" Rosé now has her arms on the wall behind Jennie
"A chipmunk?" Jennie said innocently while showing her gummy smile.
Rosé's eyes are now shooting daggers towards her girl, she continues to move her face closer to Jennie's face up until their faces are only half an inch apart. Jennie feels hot, Rosé's breathe is now fanning her face. Her plump lips is now within her reach. She slowly looked at Rosé's eyes, and then her lips, but not until Rosé closed the gap and caught her parted lips into hers. She automatically moved her lips with hers, Rosé's hands is now on her waist, her hands on the hem of Rosé's shirt. Rosé suddenly stopped kissing her and held her hand.

"What did you call me again?" Rosé asked huskily

Jennie tried to catch her girlfriend's lips again. She let out a moan when she failed to do so.

"So, what did you call me again?"

"Ya you called me dumpling first!!" Jennie said while pouting.

Rosé smiled, she really can't get enough of Jennie's cuteness.


"You still remember." She whispered.


Rosé looked into her eyes deeply as if she's looking into her soul. She always loved Rosé's eyes because it was too honest and mysterious at the same time. She tried looking away but she felt Rosé's fingers on her chin and turning her head to look her way.

Rosé's eyes bore into hers, making her feel uneasy.

"Rosie..please.."

A mischievious smile appeared on Rosé's lips as she lifted Jennie's chin. She slowly moved her face towards hers, making the other girl tremble, but she did not move. As their lips were about an inch from one another, Rosé stopped, and looked away. Jennie was breathing heavily.

". What am I even doing?". Rosie cursed internally

"Sorry, Jen.."
"No, Rosie, I know it's long overdue, it's been two years, but I'm sorry.."

Rosé was walking silently when she opened the door of their dorm. She wanted to surprise Jennie because it is their anniversary. She is holding a bouquet of red roses on her right hand and Jennie's favorite, milk ice cream on her other hand. She also wanted to tell her that she decided not to pursue her internship in Paris. She does not want to go, not when Jennie will be staying here in Korea. She love her so much that she thinks she can't live without her. As she opened the door to their room, her smile automatically faded and she felt cold, the roses and ice cream fell from her hand. A loud thud was heard and two pairs of eyes were looking at her, shocked.

"Rosie.."

 

 


Rosé looked at her, her smile gone, the mysterious gaze remained. Jennie did not know what to do next. She wanted to disappear in front of Rosé or be invisible. Those two years that passed did not take away even a little bit of her feelings for Rosé. They broke up because of a misunderstanding, Rosé went to Paris, Jen decided to let her go for her to achieve her dreams. She looked at Rosé again, she suddenly missed the way she looks at her full of love, or the way she looks at her everytime she performs, as if her eyes telling her that she believes her, and she supports her. Now, she cannot decipher the other girl's feelings through her eyes. It became distant.. and cold.

"Jennie, I--"

The train stopped. Jennie stood up right away and got her things. She stormed out of the train immediately while wiping away her tears.


The villa in Deauxville looked magnificent. It looked peaceful and you can even hear the birds chirping. There were a lot of guests from different countries for this private event. Jennie secluded herself in the terrace.

Familiar footsteps were approaching her. She was about to leave when the other girl grabbed her arms and slide her hands into her hands. Rosé pulled her away, and walked amidst all the other guests in the party. They went into another villa and entered a room.

"Rosé..what are we doing here?"

"I..I don't know.."

"Whaat?"

"It's just.. You were crying a while ago and I thought you were not okay.. so I wanted to talk to you alone but I think I made a scene back there so--"

Jennie laughed. Rosé looked at her with curious eyes. She laughed again.

"Ya. Why are you laughing?"

"You haven't changed. You're still as impulsive as before."


Rosé smirked.

"I did not change one bit."

"Rosie.. it's been two years, but I'd still like to explain.. Lisa and I.. there's nothing going on between us.."


Tears started falling from Rosie's eyes. She kept telling herself to stop crying, biting her lip to control her emotions but what she saw broke her heart into pieces. She had been jealous of Lisa eversince, and seeing her and Jennie together and hugging, she can't control herself and she's really hurt.

"Rosie.. "

She ran into her room and got her luggage out. She started packing her clothes and other necessities. Suddenly, her door cracked open..

"Rosie!!! What the are you doing?!?!"

She stayed silent and continued putting clothes on her bag.

"Rosie.. please.."

Rosie stopped and looked Jen straight into her eyes.

"Please what, Jen?" She asked coldly.

Jennie felt a pang on her chest. Rosie had always been warm, she was always a ray of sunshine for everyone. Never did she imagine that she could be cold like this.

"I'm going to Paris."


Jennie felt her heart stopped. She wanted to stop her, she wanted to explain, she wanted to tell her that she loves her, and she does not want her to go, but she can't, no words came out from as tears continue to fall from her eyes.

Rosie is now at the door of her room with her luggage.

"Just so we're clear," Rosie choked, "i'm breaking up with you."



"I don't want to see you anymore.."



Rosie felt a bitter taste on her tongue as she remembered what happened 2 years ago. She was young and petty, she did not even gave Jennie a chance. She looked at her ex-girlfriend as Jennie was trying to find the right words to explain what happened. She looked cute while she is looking down and brushing her hair with her hand.

"I... I was just comforting her," Jennie continued."because she and Jisoo unnie had a misunderstanding.. I know you have been jealous of her ever since but--"

Jennie stopped talking because Rosie's lips is now pressed into hers, not allowing one word escape from . Rosie pinned her to the wall and slowly moved her lips to open hers. She was also caressing her face gently. Rosie moved away for a second and looked at Jennie's eyes. She cupped her face and gently kissed her.

"You don't really have to explain, Jen. It's my fault too for being assuming and impulsive. I should have not said those words, I should have not broken up with you. Lisa.. actually contacted me and explained, but I did not listen."

Rosie is now sitting on a couch while Jennie is lying down with her head on the other girl's lap. Rosie is playing with her fingers, slowly intertwining their hands. Her eyes were looking at her just as Jennie remembered them--full of love and adoration for her.

"Those two years that I have stayed here, I only think about you. How you are doing, if you are eating well.. I was composing and erasing messages all the time, thinking of contacting you, but I do not have enough courage to do that. I thought that I don't deserve you--"

"Ya. Do you know how much I cried for you? I could not sleep, eat, or do anything. The thought of us meeting again in the future made me go on. I imagine it everyday, you idiot."

Rosé laughed. She reached for Jennie's lips and gave her a soft kiss.

"I still love you Jennie Kim. My love for you has not changed even after two years, wait, I think it changed."

Jennie frowned and pinched Rosie's cheeks.

Rosie laughed as her fingers slowly moved to caress Jennie's face.

"I think I love you more now."

Jennie felt her heart drop. She was looking at Rosie's eyes and she can see the other girl's feelings through them. Damn, she does not care if it's going to be a long distance relationship, she just wants to love her.

Jennie's hands reached for Rosé's nape and she pulled her closer to her.

"I love you too."

She kissed her fully on the lips. She went up and sat on the other girl's lap. She leaned her head onto her chest. Jennie can hear Rosie's heartbeat. She closed her eyes.

"I wish I could stay like this forever."

"I would love to hold you like this forever."

Rosé stood up while carrying Jennie on her arms. She put her down on the bed and lie down beside her. Jennie moved her head on top of the other girl's arm, and buried her face on her neck. Rosie held her waist and pulled her closer as they both drifted away to sleep.

*****

Jennie opened her eyes slowly. She smiled as she remembered what happened last night. She pulled herself away from the other girl and looked at her face. She could not help but kiss Rosie's lips.


"Oh.. good morning." Rosé said with her eyes barely opened.

Jennie got up and looked at the clock. 7:00 am. Her flight back to Korea is at 10:00am. She looked at the other girl who is now fully awake.

"I have to go back now."

Rosé smiled. She stood up and pulled Jennie into a hug.

"Don't worry. Everything will be alright."

"Hmm. I'll go to my room and prepare."

"Alright."


Jennie was walking back and forth. She needs to board the train back to Paris now but she could not find Rosie. They just made up and she does not want to cause any misunderstanding again. Her manager called her. She tried calling Rosie but she's not picking up.

"Jen we need to go."

Jennie did not have a choice. She boarded the train with a heavy heart. She texted the other girl and explained.


She stood up and watch the view outside the train. Suddenly, a pair of arms were on her waist pulling her into a backhug.

"Did you really think I would allow you to leave like that?"

Jennie can feel Rosie's chin is on her shoulder, their cheeks touching.

"What are you--"

"I'm going back to Korea with you."


Jennie turned back.

"What? How about your--"

Rosie moved closer, making Jennie froze.

"It's all done."

She planted a kiss on Jennie's lips.

Jennie smiled, perhaps going to Paris is a right idea.