Elucidate

Elucidate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Panting as he stood before him in the dark, damp alley. “More.” He definitely felt heavy rain pattering down on his cold - literally and metaphorically - shoulders. But now all he felt was suffocation and extreme heat - his lungs felt like collapsing - oxygen, oxygen, oxygen.

 

“Wait, wait. Hmm- ” In the dim light of blinking bulb overhead, his face was so close to him. So close he could smell the mineral scent of the rugged cliffs. Mingling with the woody earthiness of sage. So real. And then his tongue was in his mouth. Yet so real.

 

“ Kyungsoo …”

 

“Kyungsoo!”

 

Said man jolted into sitting position, wincing when a blinding pain swam from the base of his neck up to the back of his head all the way to the front of his skull. “Gross.” Chanyeol spat with matching expression, throwing a clean towel at his sleepy roommate.

 

Kyungsoo only scooted an inch to the left when he caught on what the tall male was implying.

 

Let’s just say cold shower is not the most ideal activity during biting cold winter.





 

Kyungsoo was probably (obviously) too busy thinking about the stained boxer he threw in the hamper that morning - which he knew Chanyeol wouldn’t bother to wash until he came back - that he didn’t realise the man in high visibility vest was back from doing exterior walkaround.

 

“You were late today.” Kyungsoo almost jumped from his seat, immediately covering himself by pretending to fill the leather covered Jeppesen when Sehun’s cheery voice greeted his eardrums.

 

“What are you writing?” The co-pilot looked up from his book, his fountain pen hovering over pitch black scribbles made a few minutes prior. “Filling out your logbook in advance?” He teased, grinning triumphantly when crimson shade crept from under the other man’s collar all the way to his face.

 

Sehun was putting away his logbook when a fresh face peeked into the cockpit. Kyungsoo immediately turned rigid but still managed to form a small smile to the honey-haired cabin crew.

 

There weren’t many words exchanged before Sehun reached for a button and Baekhyun the steward’s voice echoed in the whole aircraft. Soon enough afterwards Sehun announced in tone stark contrast from his previous one, “Cabin crew, please take your seats for take-off.”



 

“Good afternoon, passengers. This is your captain speaking. First I’d like to welcome everyone on Korean Air KE 5923. We are currently cruising at an altitude of 33,000 feet at an airspeed of 400 miles per hour. The time is 1.45 p.m. The weather looks good and with the tailwind on our side, we are expecting to land in Warsaw ahead of schedule. The weather in Warsaw is mostly cloudy, with a high of 3 degrees Celcius for this evening. If the weather cooperates we should get a great view of the city as we descend. The cabin crew will be coming around in about twenty minutes times to offer you a light snack and beverage, and the in-flight movie will begin shortly after that. I’ll talk to you again before we reach our destination. Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the flight.” Flick.

 

Sehun turned to his side, meeting his co-pilot’s owlish eyes staring intensely at him. “What?” They had a few long-haul flights together in the past but it never failed to amaze Kyungsoo at how quick the pilot could drop his formal demeanour. “Nothing.” He opted.

 

The taller turned his head again after a minute passed, “wanna make the announcement too?” Kyungsoo cursed his boyish smile and this time opted for a mastered-through-regular-practice scowl. “No thanks.”





 

It felt like sitting on ants, when will he get used to it?

 

Sehun stretched in his seat, his joints popping obnoxiously when Kyungsoo finally put down his pen. The former stood up first, walking out of the cockpit to bid the passengers farewell, or flirt, the pessimist in Kyungsoo thought.

 

They only got out of the airliner untold minutes later, dragging their luggage by their sides through the still buzzing airport despite the number pointed by the hands on the clock.

 

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, found it extremely hard to move his lower limbs, more so the black bag with wheels. Owing to the fact that two familiar good looking, extravagantly knockout and drop-dead gorgeous men in uniform walking a few steps in front of him.

 

His eyes moved from the striped sleeve of his blazer to his torso clad in boron-coloured blazer and blinding, brilliant white shirt. He scoffed. At himself. At the memory of Chanyeol back in his crushing on his roommate days saying his visual as way above average. Mendacious. Perfidious. Duplicitous. Poof!

 

The shorter male gained on the giggly, chatty gallants, unconsciously stomping until they exited the building.

 

He immediately shivered. Twice. Because…

 

“Kyungjja! Wait.” He knew that voice. Even in his dream. He turned around with the friendliest smile he could pull off. It probably looked so bad because the ever vibrant flight attendant flashed a sympathetic smile after calling him.

 

“Please, stop calling me that.” He offered in a low voice, putting up his ‘I’m beyond exhausted’ facade. “Why not? It’s adorable. Like you.” He was hyperbolically pompous in Kyungsoo’s eyes but point across - Baekhyun definitely was ignorant - or at least pretended to be at how his coquettish nature took the former back.

 

Kyungsoo believed he was just pretending - seeing that he probably turned into PAT 1, Pat’s treasured royal mail van, head-to-toe.

 

And he still couldn’t believe how he ended up sitting in between the disbelievingly close Baekhyun and Sehun all the way to their hotel.





 

“But-” He was so close to raising his voice in the lobby and simultaneously hit the faultless marble top when a strong hand spread out and apart on his left pectoral from behind. He was backwards in a blink, falling into a sturdy chest.

 

“I’m sorry, sir. There’s no reservation under your name in our system.” Kyungsoo swatted the hand and repeated his question about another room.

 

Sehun once again forcefully pulled the man into his arm and away from the petrified, unexpecting lady. “I’m sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter