1 2 3

Counting Steps

Sunday.

Monday.

Tuesday.

Wednesday.

Thusday.

Friday.

Saturday.

Another sunday.

The week was spent with two the meeting each other, relaxing, movies, and enything couples would do.

Kibum leaned on Jonghyun chest and closed his eyes in content. The two has been sitting on the sofa in front of the TV in the elder's apartment since morning. Sunday is a lazyday of course.

Sodam, Jonghyun's sister went out for groceries while his mother went to work, leaving the two alone.

The younger felt the elder's softly rough hands on his waist, pulling the younger closer into his embrace. Kibum opened his eye to look at the smiling man and lened up to give the older a peck on the lips which then he kissed back passionately when the door opened. "Get a room, you two!" Sodam glared at the two pouting love birds lounging on the couch.

Kibum blushed and hide his face on Jonghyun chest while the older glared at his sister, resulting on a staring contest for the siblings. Cute, as Kibum always say.

When he that his face was no longer warm, he sat back but was stopped by Jonghyun's hands around his waist.

Sodam walk towards the two and offered Kibum food that she had just bought but pulled back when Jonghyun tried to reach and gave another glare to his younger brother and mehrong-ed.

Kibum giggled at the cute interaction between the sibling when he realised how much he had missed home.

Kibum came from a pretty rich family, his father owns a pretty huge mall and wanted more, holing that he could merge his company with a business friend of his, he attempted to marrh his son to a woman. Kibum hid his relationship with Jonghyun pretty well but once the news broke out, he was a mess. He was worried that Jonghyun would leace him but he thought wrong. The elder stood by his side, telling him everything would be alright and he should do as his father said. But Kibum didn't want the hard truth that he wouldn't be able to marry someone he loves.

They broke off their relationship for a month due to all the date Kibum's father had set him up. The woman he was supposed to marry is very kind. She understands how Kibum felt, even knew of who the man loved and decided to help him as she herself has a man she loved so much.

The plan was simple, the woman Kibum was supposed to marry, Hyeri asked for Jonghyun's number, that they would plan his escape. Finally the day Kibum would ran away came. It was midnight when Jonghyun's car was parked not far from the mansion Kibum was living in.

Hyeri tried distracting Kibum's parents while the man tried escaping the house, heading to Jonghyun's car and when he saw the man of his dreams, he litterally jump to the older's embrace and they kissed when he heard his name being called. His father. He looked at his son with full of hate, it's overwhelming.

The man walk towards the lovers while Kibum beg Jonghyun -who couldn't stop glaring at the man- to let him go and when he did, Kibun approached his father, head down. "Is this what you want?" the anger in his voice was unbearable.

"Don't you ever think about hurting him!" came Jonghyun's voice threatening the older man.

"Hurt him?" he scoffed. "You mean like this?" and he slapped Kibum so hard that he fell to the side from the blow.

"Stop!" Jonghyun ran to Kibum to help him when his father spat on him.

"Disgusting freak! A human like you deserved to be punished! The same goes to you, dirt" he called for his body guards which came, pulling Jonghyun off the crying boy while the other body guard grab Kibum by the hair.

"STOP! YOU'RE HURTING HIM! LET ME ING GO!" Jonghyun struggled and was shocked to see the middle aged man punching his already crying lover on the head, tears flowing out his own eyes to see his lover in pain.

"You disgust me along with that gay friend of yours, Kibum" another blow untill the man went to far and took out a knife to give the crying and bruised man a slash on his head when he moved, the sharp tip of the knife slashing his eyebrow. Blood flowing out. "Filthy. I disown you. You can go crawling to that dirt when you had such a beautiful place to call home. You're not my son"

It was the hardest time for Kibum. He had cried for a week, refusing to eat. Staying in a hospital because the beating from his father had broke his bones and cause him brain traumas. Jonghyun was next to him at any times, letting his love cry on his shoulder. Together, they cried.

They never heard about Hyeri anymore after that night and they wished that she is alright.

Jonghyun's supporting family halped pay for the hospital bills even though Kibum insisted on paying it himself with the money he kept. But the Kim family beat him to it, making Kibum surrender but wanted to pay them back. When he was discharged, Kibum was left with nothing but the clothes he was weaeing, a few bits of money enough to keep him alive for a year if he couldn't find any jobs. He was hopeless until Jonghyun offered him a hand the moment he stepped out of the hospital building.

"Come live with us" he said and the younger cried because of the thought about burdening the elder and his family but accepted the offer.

Kibum remembered clearly how the Kim family welcomed him with open hands with no sign ofpity about what happened to him. He was relieved.

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and months turned into a year. Kibum was offered a job to be a model or a designer when he had his creations published. He accepted without second thoughts. The couple had their first passionate night when the younger broke the news out to the older, making him the proudest partner to ever lived. With a few complains in the morning by the two ladies of the house hold of course, "Do it somewhere where people can't hear you please" nagged the sister while the mother gave them a knowing smile, leaving them to blush so red it's funny.

Months passed when Kibum heard of the news about his father to stood down from public and closes himself because the mall went bankrupt. It was because Hyeri wanted to mary the man she loves, breaking the two companies' bond. 

Kibum felt guilty. No matter how bad he was trated by his father or how serious the damge that he did to his son, Kibum knows his father meant well. Again, Jonghyun comforted him, telling him that he wouldn't stop him if the feline-like-eyes man wanted to go.

Kibum did visit his family the next morning. He missed the place he grew up in. He went to the front door and knocked the door, when it opened, it was old lady. "Ma'am, excuse me but i'd like to meet Mr. Kim Jinsuk"

"I'm sorry but he moved out of this house a few days back. Are you perhaps his missing son? I heard you ran away a year ago from the house hold. Kim Kibum, right?" she asked gently.

Kibum was confused. How could he be a missing son when his father clearly disowned him a year ago? "Yes, ma'am" he replied nonetheless.

The mansions didn't change at all except for some furnitures and the colors of the wall. He was ushered to what he had recalled the living room and was requested to sit.

"Tea?" the lady offered after she called one of the maid.

"Coffee" he replied. And the lady dismised the maid.

"Your Mother was my close friend untill half a year ago when she-" she stopped midway and frowned, looking at Kibum with pity in her eyes.

"Died... I knew" Kibum had knew when the news report that day was of a car crash. His mother was on her way to the hospital for her daily check up when the driver lost control of the break resulting the car to go over the red lights to be hit by a truck. Kibum cried again that night. He misses his mother so much that it hurts. The fact that his mother left the would feeling hatred towards him. Again, Jonghyu never gave up making the younger feel like a princess because he enjoys it. He want to be ther for Kibum. That's how much he loves the younger.

The lady nod. As you might know, your father went bankrupt and sold this mansion to me a few days ago. He gave me this to give it to you in case you ever came to find him and here you are" she handed Kibum an envelop which he opens, readind the handwritren letter that was inside. His father wanted him to come visit him but memories of the past blinded him, it scares him that his father would hurt him again, worst, Jonghyun. But his father needs him so he bid the kind lady farewell and went to the cafe nearby where Jonghyun is waiting with his coffee. Upon arival, the scene surprised him. There behind the window was Jonghyun sitting with a woman he never knew before, laughing.

It hit Kibum that the elder might be bored with his crying self, that being with a woman is bettervthan being with a man. He took a step back and left when he felt a hand on his shoulder. The hand he knew so much so he stopped midway.

"Kibum" he called "Why are you leaving"

Tears attemted to leave the younger's eyes and he out a sob when Jonghyun embraced him.

"Tell me, Kibum. What happened? If you saw the woman i sat with, it wasn't anyone. True that were close but she's just a friend who happens to work in that cafe. It just excites me to see someone i had not seen for long. Now," he gave a peck on the younger's dimpled cheeks while Kibum stopped crying and lean on the elder's chest and smiled in relief.

"I believe you" he said. He does. He will believe the elder even when he says alien will come to attack. He was just having his insecurities the moment he heard about his mother's departure and his father's condition.

"How's is you father" they pulled away but the elder's hands still circling Kibum's waist but let go soon when Kibum tried to reach for his hand bag, giving the letter to Jonghyun when he found it which he reads.

"Are you sure, Kibum?"

"Yes. I missed him" and Jonghyun gave him a warm smile and took his hand, leading them to his car. They got in and drove to the address that was written. It was an old apartment near the outskirts of Seoul.

Reaching to his father's apartment room, he hesitantly pressed the bell and there were footsteps before the door was opened.

"Dad..." Kibum called when the door opened.

"Kibum... I appologize for what i did to you" they were welcomed into the small apartment and the couple was asked to sit on the sofa in the middle of the small room.

"I... I dont think i could... Forgive you dad..."

"I know... What i did was unforgivable. I hurt you in more possible ways than one. I realised how stupid i was once i stepped down from the business world, bankrupt. God punished me for punishing you when all you wanted was to be happy. I was selfish... I wish you well, son. You can forget about me and live you life now"

"You know, dad... Somethings are never meant to be forgotten and for me, those things are of what you did to me. It left a scar on me both physically and mentally but you made me learn that life has it's ups and downs. Not everone will except you for being diffrent but you must fight for it, for those you love"

The father nod and smiled, "You're more matured than i am. Take this, from your mother" he handed Kibum two necklaces. A key and a lock. "before marrying me, your mother once loved a man but their relationship was broken because she was engaged to me. The man he loved was never heard again after our marriage. She kept this, hoping to find him but she couldn't so because you found your soulmate"

2 years passed and his father ldt the world to be in peace. But this time, Kibum didn't cry. He was sad, yes but something in him hoped that he could forgive his father in the future.

"Kibum..."

"Kibum..."

"Hellooooo! Earth to KeyKey?"

And Kibum's bubble of thoughts was burst by the Jonghyun's voice. "Sorry... Was thinking of some memmories" the younger smiled. "What was it that you said?"

Instead of receiving an answer, he felt his cheeks being pinched by the man he loves so much. Such a dork he is and a puply too if he wants to be.

"Yaaaahhh!" Kibum shook the hand off in annoyance, making the elder smirk, making Kibum blush for the infinitive times when looking at the elder's y smirk.

"I was asking you for the past fifteen minutes about wether you want to go out with me for dinner. I have been bickering with the duck-"

"Heyyy!" came Sodam's voice from the kitchen with a crumbled paper flying towards him, aiming for his head and it hit.

"-of a sister and asked you out without looking and didn't receive any answer for a good two minutes so i repeat it again till i noticed you day dreaming" he pouted and took the crumbled paper that was on the floor and when he unfold them, Kibum couldn't help but crack up at what what drawn there, a middle finger with 새끼 on it. Jonghyun was taken a back and crumbled it back up and was about to throw the paper back when the door opens.

"Kids, stop acting like babies and grow up!" the sibling's mother reprimanded them.

"She started it!"

"He started it!"

The mother let out a sigh which shut them up, knowing that it'd be for their own good... Who knows what other collection of spatula the queen had. Kibum giggled at the two when the mother of two asked Kibum to accompany her to the kitchen to cook, giving Jonghyun a "Yes" for an answer before following behind the elder woman.

Taking out his phone, he texted to Key, "Great! 7 PM?" and another "I'll pick you up by the door" another "I love you <3"

Sodam just rolled her eyes at the sight of his goofy little brother smiling like an idiot.

It was in the evening when Jonghyun stood in front of Kibum's room with a bouquet of flowers, dressed in a very nice dark blue suit and a white shirt underneath, looking very fine like any other night when he would dress to impress his fashionista lover when he takes his Bummie out, but tonight was special. His brown hair styled messily yet neat (if you know what i mean). he was nervous for the night unlike any other. He was about to do something he had been dreaming of as tomorrow is the younger's birthday. He's going to surprise the man he loves so much when the clock strikes twelve. Cheesy, i know but this pup would do anything to make the evening romantic.

He knock at the door three times until there was a click of the door and it was opened. Jonghyun was in awe and could not stopbstaring at his love, dressed all elegantly. He was wearing a floral patterned shirt with a red suit as requested by Jjong early that day, black pants with a belt, black hair styled back. He had trimmed his hair a few months ago and Jonghyun could not stop oogling over how cute the younger is, pinching his cheeks any chance he got with a glare coming towards him everytime he did. It was quite long now and everyone knows no matter what hair style the younger has, he would always look amazing.

Kibum was surprised to see the bouquet of his favourite flower, roses with some white hydrangeas on the corner, making it a heart shaped. The boguet was quite big and Kibun wondered how the older male hide it so well or did he just bought it?

Handing the flowers to Kibum, Jonghyun leaned over and gabe the younger a peck on his forehead and offered a hand after Kibum went back to the door after putting the flowers along with the others in his balcony.

"Where are we going?" Kibum asked, curious of what his love planned for the night. He always managed to surprise him at anyway, making the younger love him more than he already did each time.

"It's a surprise"

The two walked towards Jonghyun's car and Jonghyun, as a gentleman opened the pasaanger door for the younger and went to the driver seat. Starting the car, Jonghyun towards where he had planned for the night.

Theu were driving for quite a while untill they stop due to the red light. Jonghyun took the chance to glance at the younger and took his left hand in his when he notices the ring he gave the younger fir his birthday last year, Cartier. It shaped like a nail circling the younger thin and long ring finger with a few diamons on the head. 

When they arrived, it was a luxurious Italian restaurant at Mapo-gu district as the younger loves Italian food so much. It was unexpected to Kibum, yet again. Not because he thinks Jonghyun couldn't afford something so expensive. But the fact that this place brings memories of the both of them that blesses them with their relationship.

Jonghyun once worked there as a waiter as he was saving some money to buy a studio and this restaurant was the only place that offered a job he could take, a hardworker he is when it comes to something he wants.

Their meeting was quite funny. Jonghyun was a newbie with shaky hands, serving Kibum who was dining in with his friends when Jonghyun lose balance of his hand, resulting the food and drinks to fall on Kibum's designer jacket, making it not washable and the younger was furious while Jonghyun felt so guilty that he promised to buy him a new exact one. The problem is that it's a very expensive brand. Gucci. Kibum gave him a month and handed the male his number.

The elder worked his off for weeks till he had the money to buy the same designer jacket to find it sold out. He was devastated honestly and went to ask his sister for advice. She had said to call Kibum and told him that the jacket was sold out and hoping that he could change it to something else.

They went to the same Gucci shop Jonghyun went before and one of the employee happened to remember him the other day and said the unpredictable, "You have a beautiful boyfriend, was it for him that you look for that jacket? We hapoened to find one left if you want"

The two man's eyes widened at what she has said, boyfriends? The woman in her mid twenties realised her mistake and appologized and lead the blushing duo to where the jacket was.

Jonghyun felt so relieved as God had mercy on him, but not only that, God had other plans for the two, sending a cupid and created an unbreakable bond between the two.

Kibum called him two nights after, asking wether if the elder is free the next day, that if he minds accompanying the younger fir some shopping. They became the best of friends till they realised they had fallen in love when Jonghyun proposed the younger to be his boyfriend and Kibum agreed on one condition, that their relationship must be a secret.

"Reservation for Kim Jonghyun"

They were lead to a private dining room. The two ate in comfortable silence and left after Jonghyun payed the bill.

Next they went to a night market. Stalls of food were every where, not only food but excessories and other things are sold there.

Jonghyun insisted on paying for everything Kibum wanted, food, rings, and other things when they arrived in a stall which sells hair excessories. One bandana caught Jonghyun eyes. He took it and asked Kibum to look at him, when he did, Jonghyun tied the bandana on Kibum's head. Only idiots would call Kibum ugly. Even people around them is going googly eyes on Kibum.

"Do i look good?" he asked and Jonghyun just smiled and kissed the younger's forehead.

"You look perfect" and Kibum blushed.

They purchased for the bandana and left the crowded market, heading to the park they ususaly went to and Jonghyun offered a hand to the younger for a dance. Kibum shyly took the elder's hands and bowed to each other and began dancing when the ususal night music played, Jonghyun's right and Kibum's left met and entangled their fingers together while Jonghyu's other hand founf themselves on Kibum's waiste and he on his shoulder.

They danced under the lights, taking steps and steps, Kibum leaned to Jonghyun's chest and rest his head there in content.

"I love you" Jonghyun whispered to the younger's ear and a "Love you more" as a reply which Jonghyun replied back "Love you most" making Kibum smile. Even when the music stopped, they still waved in the soft night breeze. Leaning back, Jonhyun spined the younger and let go of his hands and took his chance to reach for his pocket.

When the younger stopped spinning with hands open wide to enjoy the moment of freedom, he was surprised to see his love on one knees, a ring inside a box on his hand, showing it to Kibum.

"Will you marry me?"