I Want You to Remember (Prologue)

Remember Us

Rowdy. That would be the best word to describe this dorm that was shared by eleven boys. Honestly, the only time that it was quiet was when all of them were passed out from their exhausting schedules, but today was not one of those days. The eleven of them were technically split between two different apartments, but on a day like today, when they were packing for their two weeks abroad, it didn’t matter who lived in which apartment as they ran back and forth, trying to make sure that they had everything they needed.

Yelling and laughter ensued as they boys played games and talked amongst themselves about all of the places that they wanted to visit or things that they wanted to eat. They talked all through the night… except for one. He was sitting quietly in his room, a stack of papers to his left. To his right were a stack of light pink envelopes, some already filled, others waiting to be sealed up with the letters that he would inevitably write. Next to the envelopes sat a small box and some ribbon, the male having every intention of placing the finished letters into the box and wrapping them up with the golden ribbon.

He had been concentrating so hard on the letters, putting his thoughts together in a concise and poetic way that he didn’t even hear the door to his room open. Jinyoung had come running in to search for something that Daniel had misplaced, and he was not expecting Seongwu to be in the room. Seeling the older male stopped him dead in his tracks. And that was when he realized… he hadn’t seen him for the last few hours.

“Seongwu-hyung, have you been in here the whole time?” Jinyoung asked, the volume from the living room even more noticeable now that the door was open, though Seongwu seemed unfazed.

“Yeah…” he answered softly, though his attention and mind were still on the piece of paper in front of him.

Jinyoung stared quizzically at the older male. He had never quite seen him so lost in thought. “Shouldn’t you be packing too?” he inquired, wondering if maybe he just forgot that they were all leaving tomorrow.

With his free hand, Seongwu gestured at the suitcase that was across the room, all packed up. On top of it was his bag, as well as the jacket, mask, and hat that he would wear tomorrow. “I packed up my stuff yesterday…” he said, his mind still in another place.

Seongwu… got all of his packing done… early? Now that was something the younger male was not expecting. It only made him more curious as to what could have gripped the older male’s attention so furiously that he got things done before the rest of them. Gently, he closed the door behind him and ventured further into the room, over to Seongwu’s side. “What are you working on anyway, hyung?”

For the first time since Jinyoung found him, Seongwu finally pulled his attention away from the blank piece of paper in front of him. It was the first time in the last three hours that his concentration was finally broken. A small smile graced his lips. “I’m writing letters.”

“Letters? For whom?” he asked, now even more confused why Seongwu hadn’t gone out to join them in their packing extravaganza. How could writing letters be more important than the ridiculous things they were getting into in the living room?

“For the woman who stole my heart.”

“Your girlfriend?” Jinyoung asked, receiving another nod. Now he was even more confused. “Why would you write letters to her though? You can just message her while we’re traveling on our schedule. It’s not like you won’t be able to contact her while we’re away…”

Seongwu’s sincere smile grew even bigger at that moment. “I’m not writing these letters because I won’t be able to talk to her while we’re gone. I’m writing them because… well… there are some things that I want her to remember before I get back.

Jinyoung, still a bit confused but resigned to never fully understanding Seongwu and his ways, grabbed the thing that Daniel had asked him to look for before leaving the room.

And so, Seongwu stayed there for the rest of the night, penning the remainder of his letters to you…