-final

hello there
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finale

“That’ll be four dollars.”

Café armoire is one of the well-known coffee shop in the city, not only because of their tasty beverages and delectable desserts and sandwiches, but also because of their visually pleasing crews. The said coffee shop can be found in an uphill and quiet part of the shopping district, hidden in –between clothing and cosmetic store, but still, people flock in-and-out of the small shop. The inside was beautifully organized with vintage items and furniture like an old upright piano, classic television, chairs and tables that are patterned similar to the ones from 18th and 19th century, random antiques like faded paintings and pictures that are planted against the wall while some are just standing on the corner, and old Chinese tea pots carefully placed on the shelves. The whole ambiance of the coffee shop makes it a lot more unique but nonetheless comfortable than those you see down the street or even at the malls.

Inside, the crews are busy attending the needs of their customers. The waiters are carefully walking around in a fast and professional manner as to not bump to anyone or spill anything. One of them is Donghae, 21 years old, and has been working in the Café armoire for 6 months. Despite being a working student, he never really had any issues when it comes to his work or school.

“Donghae! Table 4!”

Donghae smiled at Ryeowook, the chef, and took the tray consisting of a small plate of macaroons, a blueberry cheesecake, and two cups of black tea. He walked upstairs with cautiousness but in a quick pace. The second floor is just as beautiful as the one downstairs. Except that instead of walls filled with antiques and windows, the second floor is an open place which makes the guests awe in amazement because of the view that can be seen from where they’re seated. Other than that, there are people who just want some fresh air but at the same time, enjoy some fresh cup of coffee, or perhaps tea, and just enjoy some time alone.

“Here are your order ma’am,” Donghae carefully placed the food in front of them, taking the tray with him, ”Is there anything else that you need?” the two girls shook their head, and he then headed downstairs to continue his work.
-----
“Hey, Have you heard the news?”

Donghae looked up to Siwon, the other waiter alongside him, while still wiping the table in-front of him.

It’s already past nine o’clock and they’ve already closed down fifteen minutes ago, which gave them time to clean up the shop for the next day.

“What is it?” He replied, putting the chairs upside down on the top of the clean table

“The Silvermine will be coming here this month.” Donghae whipped his head towards Siwon, who’s now looking at him with so much amusement on his eyes. ”I just saw the article earlier. So I guess you’ll be going to the game, yes?”

Donghae’s heart skipped a beat. Silvermine has always been his favourite team when it comes to soccer, or in general, sport. Mainly because his father introduced the said team to him. He was never interested to any sport. He’s the kind of person who prefer to read classic novels rather than watching random people fight over a single ball. But when he saw the team on the television, he felt like his soul left his body. No, not because of how amazing they play, absolutely not. It’s all because of that one player, bathed on his own sweat, yet still managed to look like he just walked out of the magazine. Smiling at the camera, cute wrinkles forming around his single-lidded eyes, some strand of his barely damp hair covering his eyes. His pink plump lips stretching over his white teeth, showing of those healthy gums. And those jawline, God those jawline, Donghae doesn’t know if there’s even any word that can describe those jawline.

“I’m not yet sure, Siwon. You know my schedule. It’s still months before the finals but the amount the professors had assigned to us is already incredible.” Siwon sensed the disappointment lingering on Donghae’s voice, ”That’s why we keep telling you that you can just quit the job if it’s too much. It’s not like your parents doesn’t give you any money.”

“I know, but I want to earn on my own. I don’t want to always depend on them.” Siwon can’t help but sigh over his friends thoughts, putting the last chair on the table. ”Well, if that’s what you want then.” They both looked over the shop, deeming it already cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter