Third

Owl&Jane.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A life changing prize.
That's what Namjoon felt when he opened the letter from Sunday Post.
Even if he didn't know yet whether anything good will come from this, but just allow him to have a little something to expect, no?
He's now one of the other fifteen candidates which article will be auditioned to be printed on next week Sunday Post. And since The Bakers always like to spend their money by throwing parties and 'making connections' so dramatically, he therefore invited to the party tonight, which happened to be the biggest event of the town since the Bakers also exhibit some of their ancient collections of jewelry, some will be auctioned.

All in his life, Namjoon's never tasted the joy of a real party. Dress up nicely, drink good liquor which cost a whole month of his room rent, and talk to people who seemingly see him as equals (when in fact, he wasn't). But people just generally radiating a certain atmosphere in parties. Laughter and smiles can be seen everywhere, even though some are fake. And at least once, he desperately wants to experience that. He wanted to see how people are in the parties. Which one is real or fake and whether he could differentiate it. After all, he studied mostly about people in the old library since he was teenager.

"What in the God's name are you wearing?" said Mr. Hanks, his tenants, blowing on his pipes. "Aren't you going to be at the City Hall meddling with the Big Cheese  with some bags of money?"

"But I don't have anything decent to wear." He looks down to what he's wearing. A usual shirt, secondhand trousers and a vest, "This is the most i could get"

"You need a suit. Let's go" and he grabbed his car keys.

"Sir, you don't have to do this, really."

"Oh, close your head and get in this old crate."

Mr. Hanks is the only one Namjoon got in his adult life. Although he couldn't always pay rent on time, but he always have been understanding, even though he himself wasn't doing well either. He told him he met Namjoon's father several times back then and he always  told Namjoon that he has his late father's writing ability. In fact, Mr. Hanks the one who got Namjoon's job on the local post because that's where his father used to write articles back then. But after the Bakers own the Sunday Post, every other local posts became more and more insignificant that all struggled to just surviving.

"Here we are, Rob&Dorothy's Thrift Shop. Where I used to get clothes." the store was hidden in the corner of the street, but they managed to get a quiet well suit with a good price. ''You're buying me lunch after you got the job at Sunday Post, eh boy," said Mr. Hanks, "Ah, good old times. Look at how that suits your young skin."

"I don't know how to thank you, sir. You've been  huge help." Namjoon saw himself in the mirror all ready with that black suit with some strings sticking out. But otherwise, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter