Chapter 1: Kim Jisoo

Her story

Time check: 7:48 AM

 

Jisoo stopped from walking as she took time to look around and get familiar with the surroundings she's going to spend her last school year.

 

"You can do it" she whispers to herself, convincing herself that everything will be okay.

 

Heaving a deep sigh, she continued on her steps and went to meet with her longtime friend Lisa.

 

The latter immediately saw her coming so she stopped her teammates from talking and held out her hand for jisoo to hold as she introduces them to her friends.

 

"Gays, this is my childhood friend jisoo. Jisoo, these are my friends Seulgi, Nayeon, Minnie.." and she goes on but jisoo was getting a little bit uncomfortable with the stares she's getting from Lisa's so-called friends but she smiled anyway.

 

This is her first day and she didn't wanna mess things up.

 

No, not today.

 

Lisa stopped and looked at the latter with concern evident in her eyes.

 

"Are you okay?" Lisa asked but all she got was a nod from jisoo so she leaned closer to her ears and whispered, "don't worry, I already got you signed up on our dance team."

 

Jisoo looked at her in complete shock but Lisa just smiled in return.

 

"You're gonna do fine. Trust me" Lisa said.

 

Jisoo was about to say something but the bell interrupted her indicating that it's time for their classes.

 

Seulgi was the first one to stand up and bid her goodbye while the rest just follows.

 

Lisa placed both of her hands on the latter's shoulders and turned her to face her.

 

"Look, you're going to do just fine and if anything happens, I got you. Okay? I got you" she said hoping it would help jisoo calm.

 

Hearing those words from Lisa immediately calmed her nerves down. 

 

Lisa chuckled as she gently wraps her arms around jisoo when she finally saw her smiling back. 

 

"I'll see you later", Lisa said after letting go of the hug. Jisoo just nodded in return as they both separated ways.

 

【~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~】

 

Standing in front of her classroom, jisoo gently knocked on the door before slowly opening it as she took a peek.

 

All heads turned in her direction.

 

I mean, who wouldn't? She looks 'breathtakingly gorgeous' as to what chaeyoung would describe her to Jennie the moment she came in.

 

Jennie just rolled her eyes, yeah, the new girl indeed has the looks to die for but jennie's currently not in the mood to entertain chaeyoung and growing obsession towards the latter so she just shrugged and put all of her attention to their group work. 

 

Their teacher motioned for jisoo to come in and so she did and sat on an empty seat.

 

Moments later, Ms. Lee stood up to check look at her students works when she noticed jisoo sitting alone at the corner of the room.

 

"Jisoo you need a group. Any volunteers?" Mrs. Lee said as she looks around for volunteers

 

Chaeyoung immediately pinched Jennie's elbow which made her raised her hand unintentionally.

 

She hissed, glaring at chaeyoung but Mrs. Lee already pointed jisoo to come and seat on their table much to jennie's dismay.

 

As soon as jisoo sat on the seat in front of them, chaeyoung immediately sat up straight to introduce herself to her newfound crush.

 

"Hi, my name is chaeyoung and this girl right here is Jennie" she exclaimed but jisoo was too busy staring at the other.

 

Jennie just smiled while waving at her before turning her attention back to their assignment. 

 

Jisoo showed her heart-shaped smile and said, "I'm jisoo" she reached her hand out for a handshake which chaeyoung gladly took.

 

Time passed really fast, it was already time for their lunch break. Jennie was just about to stand up when jisoo suddenly grabbed her wrist. Her brows furrowed as she looks at the latter in confusion.

 

"do you have a Facebook? twitter? Or anything that I can contact you with?" she asked, which took Jennie by surprise since nobody would ask for her social media accounts unless they needed help with their homework. 

 

"Facebook. Just Jennie Kim" Jennie replied before taking out her phone. "what about yours?" she asked.

 

"Really? we share the same last name." jisoo silently chuckled which made Jennie smile. She never knew one's chuckle could be this attractive. 

 

"you're a Kim too?"

 

"Yeah, it suddenly feels like we're married or something" Jisoo smiled to herself.

 

Jennie shook her head, "do you wanna join us for lunch?" she asked. Jisoo just smiled, "No, I'm fine. Thank you for asking tho" she answered.

 

"Alright, see you later" she replied and turned around to leave the room. jisoo just looked at jennie's retreating back as she heaves out a sigh.

 

--

 

It was almost midnight when jisoo arrived home, she went to the kitchen as she slowly opened her fridge to see if there's any food left from yesterday.

 

Seeing none, Jisoo just walked towards her bedroom removing her shoes on the way as she took out her phone from her back pocket to add jennie.

 

Somehow, jennie's cat-like eyes and gummy smile managed to squeeze its way into Jisoo's heart and it scared her.

 

【~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~】

 

On the other hand, Maya whose still busy finishing all the reports she needed to pass as soon as possible when she suddenly received a new notification from one of her social media accounts. She's been getting a lot ever since her own composed song "solo" got viral.

 

However, she still checked to see what it was.

 

Jisoo Kim sent you a friend request.

 

A smile slowly formed on her face, the new girl intrigued her for some unknown reasons. She immediately clicked the accept button and turned all of her attention back to her report.

 

A few minutes later, she received another notification but it was a message this time.

 

Jisoo Kim: hi :)

 

As much as Jennie wanted to reply, she still has a report to finish so she just decided to ignore the text and reminded herself to make it up to her tomorrow morning.

 

--

 

Jisoo opened her phone for the nth time to check if she got any reply from Jennie. Heaving out a deep sigh, jisoo placed her phone on top of her bedside table before closing her eyes. She didn't bother to change her clothes to more comfortable ones as she was already exhausted from all the dancing she did this afternoon. 

 

After a few more tosses of here and there, Jisoo slowly opened her eyes as she stares at the ceiling. She couldn't sleep. Her mind couldn't stop thinking about Jennie. Jennie. Just Jennie but she just met the said latter earlier today; how is that even possible. She doesn't know.

 

Jisoo guesses she'll never know.

 

【~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~】

 

Morning came, Jennie was the first one to arrive inside their classroom. She immediately sat on her seat and messaged chaeyoung to get her over here as fast as she can.

 

Jennie just received an "ok" from the latter and knowing her, it would probably take half an hour for her to finally get there. Letting out a sigh, jennie decided to plug in her earphones. She deserves a nap. She've been doing her report all night and only managed to get a half an hour of sleep before getting herself ready for school. 

 

She was so close to drifting off to dreamland when she felt someone moving the chair that was just in front of her.

 

Jennie slowly opened her eyes to see who it was before letting out a sigh of relief after knowing it was just Jisoo.

 

"Hey!" Jisoo said with a voice full of enthusiasm. Jennie was a bit taken aback by the latter's overflowing excitement over nothing. 

 

Nonetheless, she still smiled at the girl that was now sitting in front of her. 

 

"what are you so excited for?" she asked.

 

"none, nothing at all," Jisoo replied with a smile still plastered on her face. Her perfect heart-shaped lips completely showing and it was enough to send jennie into a frenzy.

 

Jennie, who's currently busy having inner battles with herself failed to notice chaeyoung's arrival.

 

"Hey" chaeyoung greeted as she sat on the seat right beside jennie. Hearing no response from the latter, chaeyoung glanced at the latter to check if she was okay.

 

"Is she okay?" Chaeyoung heard jisoo ask.

 

She just gave jisoo a smile before looking back at jennie. For chaeyoung, It was a fun sight to see, Jennie glaring at the desk in front of her. But for jisoo, it was worrisome.

 

She keeps on hoping she didn't do or say anything that could cause the latter to be like this.

 

Noticing jisoo's worried gaze over her friend, she finally decided to speak up to ease the latter.

 

"Don't worry, she'll be back" she remarked, stopping herself from laughing.

 

Jisoo just chuckled at the younger before finally standing up from her seat. Chaeyoung looked up to face her. "Are you going somewhere?" She asked.

 

"Unfortunately," jisoo answered with the smile still on her face.

 

Chaeyoung couldn't help but feel disappointed as she still wanted to spend more time with the latter so she could get to know her a little more.

 

As soon as jisoo was out of sight, chaeyoung turned to face jennie whose still busy staring into space. 

 

"yah, unnie. what are you doing?!" she half-shouted at the latter which snapped the latter out of her trance.

 

"w-what?" Jennie stammered as she looks around trying to find a certain brunette inside the classroom.

 

"if you're looking for jisoo, she already left" Chaeyoung deadpanned.

 

"jisoo? who says i'm looking for jisoo? i was looking for my phone" her cheeks turned crimson red after realizing she was just holding her phone the whole time.

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at the sight, " I'm letting this pass just because I love you"

 

A smile slowly crept into jennie's face, completely showing her infamous gummy smile. she knew chaeyoung could never resist her smile. it's been proven so many times already.

 

The younger just sighed in defeat, jennie knows her weakness and she's clearly using it to her advantage right now.

 

"You should really be thankful that you have me as your best friend." Chaeyoung remarked, putting her arms over the latter's shoulder. jennie smiled softly as she snuggles closer. if there's one thing that Jennie really likes about chaeyoung, it has to be her warm hugs. chaeyoung gives the warmest hugs and if they weren't best friends, Jennie would totally ask her out just so they could cuddle 24/7. Well, they both tried at some point but they decided they were better off as friends.

 

—————

A/N: please comment your thoughts about the story so far. i’d really appreciate it. xoxo