Final.

A Man Of-
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on babe, pretty please?"

"The physical appearance of a please will not determine—"

"yaah!" here he goes again with that discordant whining voice of his. "it's Van Gogh, didn't you tell me you love the Starry Night? The Scream?"

"I though the Scream was Edvard Munch's?"

"Yes, but the pastel version was exhibited at the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam, so they will most likely bring the replica along."

"Well i don't know Joon, i have to switch my tonight's shift and all.."

"once in a blue moon babe! I don't know in a million years will i see it"

Even through the phone, I could almost hear his frown. I am just messing with him, actually. He had me at 'Van Gogh'—which is not just another art exhibition he mostly dragged me to--but i just want to see how far he will go to make me come to this exhibition. Even I already asked my friend to take my shift tonight to agree to his sudden plan. Oh poor guy.

I chuckle before i managed to give him the reply, "okay, okay. Ticket's on you, though!"

"Really? Not only ticket, i'll buy you dinner, and we could go to the cinema after and i will buy you caramel popcorn and whatever you want!"

"Well if you insist. But i think i have to cancel tomorrow's plan, is that okay?"

"But i thought you're the one who suggested tomorrow's date. You want to watch the cherry blossom, remember?"

"True but.. everything comes with a prize and a lil bit of sacrifice, don't you think?"

"You've been talking about this for a month.." he seemed to take a mindful of consideration, "you sure are okay with this?"

"I am most definitely fine, Kim. Rare occassion to see Starry Night, right?"

"But—"

"No more buts, my duties are coming. See you at 4, bye!"

And i ended the call. How could I refuse the man of words himself?
 

--

I thank the heavens for my sense of fashion today, when i decided to wear culottes pants and tucked in shirt instead of the usual jeans and my running shoes. In my defense, i didn't know there will be unexpected date with Namjoon today. With him, carefully planned schedules most likely ended up unpredictable. It's either because of him forgetting, or me changing my unusual schedule. At first it became the major source of our bickering. But later, we managed to deal with it. The key is just to tell the other party beforehand, and we will find another solution quickly.

This year marked the third year of us being together. And never, even once, I got tired of him. Sometimes he's so clever, vomiting words and idioms i don't even know existed before. And sometimes he's just so clumsy, forgetting simple things like his phone or his car key that made me so frustrated I ended up always saving all his belongings and carried them in my bag for him. Sometimes he could be a sad puppy who demanded a phone call at 3 am and sometimes he's just so happy and passionate about the songs he produced that he forgot about me. Being a song producer in this wobbly worlds of music demanded him to work hard, harder than anyone else. And i couldn't be more proud of my man.

"Hey you, young lady." a round face suddenly fills my sight. "Whatcha thinking?" he pokes his finger on the spot between my eyebrows that made me crinkle my nose.

"Oh, nothing." I smile as he threads his fingers in mine, "Shall we go?"

"Eh—one more thing, i forgot my museum card. They said to bring it to get 10% discount and I couldn't seem to find it."

"It's here." I open my card holder and get the little thing out, "I've been keeping it since the last one missing, remember?"

The relieved expression in his face was so entertaining as he takes me to the passenger seat, "Remind me to keep you in my pocket forever."

"I refuse--don't want to get lost in the crowds like other things you kept there."

"Yes I know, I love you too."

And he drives as I scoff at his remarks. Meet a man of answers, Kim Namjoon.
 

--

"Finally, The Potato Eaters!"

His eyes are twinkling for the nth time since we got into this exhibition. Being a very well read person, he's done his research and proved it to me. Almost each and every painting he shows me, he adds the facts and the story behind them. We are almost at the last rows of paintings after he o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter