ihateu.

Nobody Else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, No! Ugh, you’re cheating!”  Chanyeol yelled as his thumb panicked across the game controller.

“No, you’re just bad at this game.” You laughed watching the victory screen pop up.

Without warning, Chanyeol had you curled up, a giggling mess, while tickling your sides relentlessly. You tried to fight him off, but he grabbed your wrists and pinned you down. A throat clearing pulled you back down to reality. Chanyeol’s girlfriend stood in the doorway of the front door of his apartment. You watched Chanyeol’s smile grow wider as he jumped off you to greet her with a hug. Your heart hurt a bit.

“I guess I’ll get going so you can have some alone time.” You forced a smile, picking up your bag and heading towards them to leave.

“Well, that’s considerate of you.” His girlfriend said sarcastically. You glanced up to Chanyeol from your shoes; he just looked at her in a way you couldn’t describe. All you knew was he never looked at you like that.

“Okay, then… Bye.” You were slightly annoyed he didn’t stop her from being rude to you.

“I’ll text you later. I want a rematch on that game.” Chanyeol beamed at you. That’s when you knew he’d never look at you in any other way.

-

His text never came that night… or several nights thereafter. You couldn’t figure out what happened. He ignored your texts of funny memes and complaints about idiots you had to deal with. You didn’t bother calling him because if he wanted to talk to you, he would.

Baekhyun came over to hang out since he hadn’t seen you around, namely because Chanyeol never invited you over. He sat on the opposite side of the couch facing you. It had been small talk the whole time.

“What’s up with you and Chanyeol?” He asked out of the blue.

“I didn’t know there was something wrong with us.” You lied.

“Seriously? He’s been avoiding you like the plague, and you’re best friends.”

That hurt. A lot. Your mind kept telling you he wasn’t avoiding you on purpose.

“I… I have no idea why. The last time I saw him, nothing seemed different.” You rubbed your arm to console yourself.

“I asked him where you’ve been and he said you were really busy lately,” Baekhyun mumbled.

“What?! I’m the only one who tried to keep our friendship alive! He’s been ignoring the out of me! The he meant I’ve been busy?!” You exploded.

There was a knock at your door, and you looked at Baekhyun in confusion. You cracked the door to see Chanyeol fidgeting with his hands. He smiled weakly when he saw your face.

“Who were you yelling at?” He asked quietly.

“Um, the TV. What are you doing here?” You folded your arms across your chest.

“I need to talk to you about something important.” He shifted nervously on his feet, “My girlfriend isn’t comfortable with our friendship.”

“I could have told you that.” You deadpanned.

“She doesn’t… She doesn’t want me to hang out with you anymore.”

“You’re not going to listen to her, are you?” You stared at him incredulously.

He averted his gaze to his hands.

“You’re really going to just stop being my friend because of some girl you’ve been dating for a few months doesn’t like me.”

“I’m not stopping being your friend.”

“Then what is it?” You snapped. He didn’t say anything. “Get off this property.” You turned quickly slipping into the apartment and slamming the door while turning the lock. “Why does it feel like I just got dumped?” Your attention returned to Baekhyun, who now stood in the middle of your living room with his mouth hanging open.

“I can’t believe he just did that.” He spoke breathily.

You wrapped your arms around yourself and fell to your knees w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter