Shot Thru The Head

Shot Thru The Head
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“But coach! All I did was just to take care of my friend. I didn’t even drink a shot!” Mina defended herself but somehow her coach seemed to be inconsiderate despite of being the ace of the nth consecutive champions of the region.

 

“No, you are suspended for two games. That’s my last words, Mina” her coach sighed. He patted her shoulder and leaned closer to his favorite player, “I can do nothing against the headmaster, Mina. I’m sorry.”

 

Mina tried to breathe slowly to ease the fire in her heart as her coach walked away from her to conduct another series of drills to the team. Her defense was true, she just sat by the corner of the house where the party was ignoring all the flirts and drinks she was offered but some idiot made up some stories that she got wasted and told the headmaster about it. And worst of all, the headmaster’s her father.

 

“If I’m going to find out that idiot who betrayed me, I’m seriously going to kill him” Mina muttered under her breath.

 

A stray soccer ball stopped meters away from her and it kind of warmed her heart thinking about her passion to play internationally.

 

Two Game Suspensions

 

Her fist clenched at the thought of being benched for two games. It is absurd to have the ace of their team to be just watching the play with no injuries or whatever but a suspension. Fueled up by the anger, her leg muscles seemed to clench. Mina started to head over the ball and swings her right leg, her foot spanking the ball hard.

 

Her eyes followed the ball flying with the strength she let out, gazing it finally landing towards of somewhat a head full of black hair tied into a ponytail.

 

Ten points for Gryffindor! Another goal from Myoui Mina! Did you guys just witness that? A powerful strike flying to the head of IM NAYEON!!

 

Mina’s eyes widen in surprise as she watches the girl fall into the arms of the other cheerleaders. “Oh ..”

 

She turned her head around to see her coach shaking his head while standing with his arms crossed and the bunch of orangutans she called teammates laughing at her.

 

“Take care of the girl, another punishment” their coach clicked his tongue and left to get his board.

 

The Japanese groaned and walked to towards the cheerleading team while blocking her ears from the numerous teasings her teammates are hollering.

“Go get your girl!”

“You should’ve shot her heart not her head!”

“Don’t forget she dumped ya!”

 

Mina rolled her eyes and kneeled down to her victim who seemed to be dizzy looking at her with drowsy eyes. Nayeon pointed at her while thinking something. The Japanese latter just smiled awkwardly while waiting for the girl to say something as the cheerleading team is quietly gazing at her with piercing eyes.

 

“You!”

 

Mina flinched at the loud voice.

 

“I think I remember you! You’re the girl I dumped in middle school, right?” Nayeon said and she kept smiling until her head dropped. Mina couldn’t hide the blush on her cheeks as Nayeon said that.

 

“Uhmm sorry coach, I can handle her” Mina grinned sheepishly and picks Nayeon up from the ground. The cheerleaders’ hearts warmed at the sight, it’s either it’s-so-sweet warm or I-should’ve-taken-the-ball warm. Only the headmaster’s daughter doesn’t know how many girls are wishing to wrap their arms around her broad shoulders.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

“Wait wait wait. I just gotta do this” Sana pushed her teammates away to make a clear path for her. If the situation was Mina’s plan, then it was smoooooth.

 

“No, me first!” Momo wacked Sana to the side and starts to aim the ball to her crush at the bleachers.

 

Sana regained her composure and pushed Momo away. “Yah! I took the ball, me first!”

 

Sana placed the ball on her path and took steps backward. She looked at her aim first and started to swing her leg, hitting the ball with her foot.

Chou Tzuyu

Chou Tzuyu

Chou Tzuyu

 

Unfortunately, the girl she was aiming kneeled down to pick something up from the floor.

 

“I’m so sorry, coach. Thank you for sparing us” the soccer coach took off his heart eyes from the cheerleading coach who still seems to still hold a grudge against him. He turned around and the last thing he heard were squeals of the cheerleaders and Sana screaming her last testaments to the team before black covered him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon’s eyes fluttered open. Her head still hurts but much better than before. She looked around the familiar walls of the school clinic and her gaze finally lands on the certain girl sleeping, her head lay just beside her hips.

 

A smile grew on her face as she remembered how nervous the headmaster’s daughter was while confessing to her. Mina was so shy and it even made her look cuter, plus the confession that she actually stole the flowers from her grandma’s garden just to give it to Nayeon.

 

 

“Hey” Nayeon ruffles the sleeping girl’s hair to wake her up and eventually, Mina shot up straight.

 

 

“Oh hey” the latter replied with a sleepy voice. “By the way, I’m so sorry for what happened earlier.”

 

 

Nayeon chuckled at the apologetic pout the junior is giving her. “Nah it’s okay, though it hurts a lot.”

 

 

“Well not as much as you hurt me before” Mina unconsciously states and quickly covers as realize what she said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter