end.

cafe latte

i can still recall the first time i saw you. you went in the cafe and rushed towards me, ordering an iced americano. you were looking disheveled; carrying your laptop and some papers with your phone on your other hand. i was stunned, it took me a couple of minutes to process your order and you told me your name then went on your way, looking for a vacant seat.

 

Kang Seulgi.

 

your name was really pretty—i don’t know if it was because i found you pretty, but the whole time you sat there and continuously typed on your laptop, i was at pure awe. even though your hair looked like it was hit by a typhoon, even though your style looked off, i only knew one thing:

 

i think like you.

 

days passed and you kept coming to the cafe, i felt all giddy when i heard you say that our latte tastes really great. you even smiled at me, and that’s when i lost it. i knew i was already at the point of no return. today you ordered a latte again, and this time you didn’t look like what you did last time. your hair was neatly combed, you were wearing a cute oversized sweater and finished it with ripped jeans. you looked so fine, and seeing you laugh with your friend made up my day.

 

it was a boring afternoon, the sun was on its way to set and you still hadn’t come yet, everytime the bell from the door rang, i turned my head faster than how usain bolt runs. but it wasn’t you. that scenario kept repeating until namjoon tapped my shoulder.

 

“hey, you might break your neck.” he lets out a laugh while i melt into a frown. “i’m sure seulgi will come here tomorrow, don’t worry.”

 

but i was worried and the day passed without you showing up.

 

i went to work early today, and was rooting for what namjoon said yesterday. i hope you’ll come today, seulgi. i promise i’ll make you the bestest—

 

“ugh, i’m glad our exams are over.” i hear an oddly familiar voice before the bell rang.

 

it was you. i felt my heart bounce inside my body and i felt my face heat up. as you made your way towards the counter, i wanted to scream. seeing you brightens my day up, you make me forget all of my problems.

 

“hi, mister barista!” i gulp as you shoot me a bright smile.

 

“s-seulgi,” i smile back.

 

your friend muttered an “ooh” before hitting your shoulder. i blush harder and you laugh. god, that laugh is everything. hearing your laugh is like hearing beethoven play live. i probably acted awkward while you were here and i hated it. i hated how shaky i’ve become. jungkook was on the verge of laughing as he saw me, saying that i should’ve seen my red face.

 

summer finally came. i wanted to brush the thought of you not coming here because classes are finally over. namjoon was patting my shoulder again and jungkook was imitating a baby’s cry. they even offered me that they’ll treat me just so i’d stop sulking. but as the bell rang, i automatically looked at the door. It’s you!

 

and a guy.

 

a guy.

 

i felt my whole world crumble down especially when the two of you hold hands. namjoon turned quiet while jungkook muttered a “” under his breath. i force a smile as you faced me. holy , i never thought this day would come so quickly.

 

“jimin, what do you want?” you softly ask the guy beside you who smiles almost immediately.

 

“you?” he lets out a laugh and you hit his shoulder.

 

i thought my day was already worse after my dog peed on my bed, but i guess not. i was already asking God what the is his problem and why did it have to be me. after you ordered, i couldn’t even look at you. i feel like i’ll break down if i do. i watched you walk away with him, my heart slowly cracking before breaking into tiny bits. maybe if i had the courage to talk to you, it wouldn’t be like this. but we were on two different levels; you studied on a well-known school while i’m stuck here, just making coffees everyday.

 

if only i had the chance, i know i’ll treat you right. but..

 

i guess this is goodbye, seulgi.

 

an author's note:

 

this one-shot was seriously a remembrance of my last brain cell. i actually wrote this a week ago and just forgot to post it immediately. writer's block is calling my name and it's hard to pretend that i'm deaf. i'll try to do better in the future, i promise! and by the way, ochako uraraka is freaking cute, y'all. i'm so soft for uravity.

 

oh also, i accidentally listened to zac efron and zendaya's rewrite the starts—and boy, it's giving me ideas for another angsty vseul content!!!