Baby It's Cold Outside

Reflection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi.” Another Private Kwon surprise.

“Hel… lo?? Wait, what?” She stopped and did a double take. “What are you doing here?”

“Happy birthday.” He smiled and walked towards her and dropped a careful kiss on her lips. He stepped back and looked at her attire.

“What?” She felt conscious.

“I like your shoes.” He smiled widely.

“Creepy smile. You're thinking naughty aren't you.” She waved a hand on his face.

“Nope.” Popping the 'P'.

“Hard to believe that small is nothing but innocent.”

“Okay… I'm mapping out our future closet in our future house.” He admitted wistfully.

“Oh no.” She shivered.

“You haven't even heard it yet.” He protested.

“Our future closet would be the size of a big master's bedroom because your closet alone… Don't get me started with the house being big for sure.” She sighed.

“Well, you can stop buying clothes.”

“Yah!!!!!”

“Hold on! Let me finish.” He chuckled. “Stop buying clothes and just use mine. My closet is yours, it's not like we don't share.”

“Are you just saying that but actually thinking of the other thing?” She narrowed her eyes and he just shook his head. “Why did we even end up talking about closets?”

“Ah... Because… I'm making sure there will be a shelf for your heels. A whole shrine of it’s own.” He gestured with his hands an imaginary wall with her shoes on racks.

“And you'll make me parade with nothing but a pair every night, huh?” Arms crossed.

“Noona!” He feigned innocence. “I think between you and I, you're more of a ert than me.” He touched her nose, boop.

“How dare…”

“I just want a shrine for your heels because kissing you is easier.” He kissed her quickly, catching her off guard. “See?” He grinned. “Plus I like the way you walk in them. Your idea sounds nice. I didn’t thought of it that way. I like the way you think.” He wiggled his brows and she rolled her eyes.

“Your pale skin in contrast with the sheer dress.” He touched the material and nodded in approval.

“No other comments?” She asked, seeing he has more to say.

“Jagiya, aren't you cold?” He spoke once more gesturing her dress.

“I’ll be indoors. It will be warm.” She gave him a little smile. He nodded thoughtfully.

“Okay. I’ll pick you up later. Be quick. Neh?” He told her and she just shook her head with a giggle as he let her go on to her schedule. 

“Happy birthday. Love you!” He said once more and she finally left after returning him a smile and a 'thank you' and an 'I love you’ back.

 

An evening date later they finally went to bed. Warm and cozy. But Dara left her phone in the kitchen and she’s not used to it. She was about to get up and pick it up but the arm s around her waist went steel.

“Baby, I'll just get my phone..”

“Mmmm.. No…” He grumbled.

“But.”

“Snug.”

“What?”

“I’m already snug.” He said in a mixture of a groan and whine.

“My phone..”

“Isn’t needed. I'm here.” He said smugly.

“But I need to respond to birthday wishes.”

“They’ll understand even if you don't.”

“Fine.”

“Mmmm. Better.” Jiyong said as she turned and faced him.

“Sleep, kid.” She teased and kissed his chin. Not long after their breathing matched and they fell into a deep sleep.

 

Jiyong was happy. She had been travelling all year, good thing she did not go anywhere this time. But a schedule is already packed afterwards. He is not stopping her but he can't help but miss her more. Wishing he was there with her or at least be able to call her any time of the day and see where she is, what she's doing and seeing the sights that makes her eye lit up.
 

“Rest.” It's something they constantly need to remind each other. But Dara doing nothing just makes her more restless.

A lot of times their schedules clashed, some intentional. And this time she didn't want to go away on her own day. It was a good decision and she was able to meet more friends she made through the years.

“Have I told you congratulations?” Jiyong entered the bathroom and leaned a hip on the counter. He was topless and his pajama bottoms hanged low. He already plotted a quick furlough to celebrate her birthday

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter