Forever

Look at Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You said ice cold."

Jinyoung said calmly (through gritted teeth) fighting the urge to shout at the man he's faced with, as he put the styro cup containing coffee on the table where he is seated.

But Mark is better in showing that calm facade. Slowly, the brunette took off his shades and looked at him through those long lashes.

"And now I am saying, I like it hot. Jeez. Are you not aware of how cold the weather is already?"

Jinyoung's mouth fell open as he stared at the older disbelievingly. The guts of this guy, really! Jinyoung crossed his arms, still standing in front of the Mark, who is just sitting comfortably, with one leg folded, reading that same book he's been reading for two weeks now. As if, he and reading make a good match. 

Jinyoung mentally rolled his eyes. "You told me earlier to buy you a cup of ice cold coffee."

But Mark just shrugged. "Doesn't matter. What matters is what I am telling you now." He leaned in, got the cup of coffee the younger just bought for him, and handed it back to Jinyoung. "Hot. Coffee. Now."

Does he have to be this annoying? All Jinyoung could do is to glare at him as he gets back to reading. Oh please. What image is he trying to put on now?

 

"Mark..." He exasperatedly said.

Although he is working as Mark's personal assistant, they are on first name basis. Again, Jinyoung mentally rolled his eyes. "It's not as if the coffee shop is right around the corner." The thought of walking about ten blocks runs his patience out.

But Mark just looked at him. Under those shades he can almost see his provoking eyes.

"Jinyoung..." Mark then smirked. "It's not as if you have any choice either."

Oh that's it. Now, Jinyoung is choking him on his mind. Seeing him unfazed sends all of Jinyoung's blood to his head. Okay, Jinyoung... You need to calm down. Although his head feels like bursting.
 

Just then, the photographer approached their table. "Sir, we're going to start in twenty."

As the photographer left, Mark eyed him as if saying he needs to move faster.

Again with the mental eye rolling. "And what am I supposed to do with this?" and yes, Jinyoung is referring to the ice cold coffee. Can I pour this on your head? His inner self butts in.

Mark just rolled his eyes (Jinyoung wished he could do that) and sighed as if he's the one whose patience is running out. "I don't know. And I honestly don't care."

Realizing and accepting that he really has no choice, given the fact that he's working for the older, Jinyoung just gave up. He was about to turn and head to the door when a hand snatched the cup of coffee from his hand.

"Ooohh! Coffee!" Jackson opened the cup and smelled it. "So I can have it now, right Mark?"

Jinyoung turned to the chinese only to see that usually bright smile of his, directed at him. Jinyoung smiled back.

"Whatever." He heard Mark answer from behind but Jinyoung didn't look.

 

Jackson is Mark's bestfriend and also a model same as him. They are working under two different agencies but somehow they still got along and still find time to spend together. Jinyoung is sure that Jackson is one of the very few persons who could really understand Mark no matter how hard it is.

The blonde chinese tapped his shoulders. "Hi there, Jinyoung. I am happy to see you today."

His cheeks went warm. "Same here, Jackson." It's true. What Jinyoung said is true. Seeing Jackson did somehow lighten up his burdened chest. That smile somehow makes his sour mood (because of a certain person) a bit better.

"Can I have my coffee a little sooner?!"

And Mark just have to interrupt their moment.

"Okay. Okay. I am going already." Jinyoung turned to him. "Wait for me here."

"Where else would I be?" Mark said nonchalantly.

Jinyoung was about to excuse himself when Jackson touched his arm. "Hey, I could go with you." So the two of them made their way to the coffee shop.

 

**********

 

"He could be such a pain in the neck sometimes."

They were waiting for his order when Jackson asked about the devil and Jinyoung wasn't able to stop himself from ranting.

"Sometimes???" he exclaimed. "I work with him everyday. And not even once was he kind to me."

 

Jinyoung has been working as Mark's personal assistant for three years now. Mark is a model in an agency where his aunt works at. She got him this job, much to his asking. He is in college, studying literature because he dreams to be an author someday. But life is hard, and Jinyoung certainly is not from a well off family that's why he asked for his aunt to give him a job for him to be able to help his parents with his school fees.

If it's not for his dream, and his desire to help his parents, Jinyoung is sure he won't last in this job. Boiii! Working with that man, is not a job. It's a curse! That guy is an expert in testing his patience and ruining his mood. Really!
 

"But you've been with him for a long time now."

Jinyoung can hear a laugh in between Jackson's words. He rolled his eyes (finally). "I am not lasting in this job. I am just enduring everything. You know? Each day, my mantra is endure. Endure. Endure."

That's when Jackson laughed out loud. Those big round eyes turning into crescents. "Hey. He's not that bad of a person. I am not bestfriends with a devil, or something like that."

Jinyoung just sighed. Jackson has a point.

Come to think of it, Mark is known to have a good heart (gosh, it makes him grimace, saying that). But hate and disgust aside, Mark does do good deeds. Jinyoung saw how he interact with his fans. He saw how Mark talks with his staff. He even remembered the time when Mark asked his driver to stop the van just so he can give his lunch to this old lady sitting by the curb of the street they were driving by.

And Jinyoung has seen how he treats Jackson. He's only six months older than the chinese but Mark acts like a much older hyung to him.

Mark is kind. Jinyoung has seen it.

But he never experienced it, first hand.
 

"Yeah, I know. I am sorry for talking negatively about your bestfriend." Jinyoung looked down. "It's just that, he never showed that side to me. That KIND Mark whom you know, well he is a complete stranger to me."

That part is beyond his understanding. Jinyoung tried recalling if he has done something terrible to Mark but, there just isn't.
 

"Maybe, it's just his own special way of expressing his self to you?"

Jinyoung just shrugged. "What I am looking forward to is, my graduation." He is currently on his last year in college. And Jinyoung is excited to finally have his efforts pay off. "After I graduate, I will be out of this job. I will finally be free of this curse."

Jackson just laughed as Jinyoung took his order and they both headed out.

 

**********

 

Jinyoung never imagined that his evilness can get to an even higher level.

 

"Hurry with my luggage!"

He heard Mark yell from inside the van as Jinyoung struggles to carry his luggage, full of god knows what, and put it at the back. He wiped off his sweat on his forehead as he sat on the seat next to him.

"Mark, do I really have to go with you?"

They are now heading to Daejeon where Mark will be having a photoshoot with Ethereal, the no. 1 fashion magazine in South Korea, being hailed as the most beautiful man in 2018.

If Mark's attitude towards him is as beautiful as his face, maybe he would've let Jinyoung have the day off as the younger was asking. But of course that didn't happen.

Mark continued doing something on his phone. "You are my assistant, right? Anywhere I go, you go."

Jinyoung grunted silently. "But the management offered to give you a substitute assistant."

"And I refused, didn't I? Now quit whining and stay quiet. I need to rest."

Mark put in his earphones, reclined his seat, and closed his eyes to sleep. While Jinyoung, he just wallowed in the fact that he will not be able to work on his thesis today. Or tomorrow. Or for the entire week beacuse he will be stuck with this inconside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter