My First and Last

Time Lapse SEQUEL (Chanyeol and Seulgi )

S e u l g i

I’ve been in an unrequited love ever since I was young. If there’s a Guinness for that, I think I may have entered my record already. That person is my brother’s personal butler. I can’t believe my brother got married before me. I sigh as I stare at my tea while I let Mom and the others talk before me. I turn to Chanyeol who’s busy slicing the cakes for us. Never did I see him not being serious whenever he’s working. Now that he’s become my butler, I thought there will be some improvements between us but unfortunately, he’s a real workaholic.

“Yes! That’s why I am thinking! Seulgi’s in the right age for marriage now right? And she’s not currently dating someone. Why not set her up?” 

I choke on my tea and I hear clatter of cutleries from the kitchen. “Chanyeol? Is everything okay dear?” Mom asks.

“Yes, pardon me.”

“So? What do you say?” Auntie asks my Mom. She turns to me and I am left dumbfounded. They want to set me up with someone?!

“Wait, Mom! That’s-“ she squeezes my hand under the table giving me a smile.

“Why not give it a try Seulgi? Let’s see if it’ll work out. If not then I’ll leave the rest to you.”

“Mom..” 

Because Mom has agreed for the blind date, Auntie was on her adrenaline mode. She said her friend has a son who’s working as a pilot and she’ll be able to make arrangements in the weekend. I sigh and excused myself. I really am not up to it. I still have feelings for Chanyeol and it didn’t waver one bit. I just keep on falling even harder for him. I really envy Mi Ho unnie because she ended up with her first love. But then again, first love don’t always work. 

“Hm?” When I was on my way back to my room, I see Chanyeol sitting at the backyard with a first aid kit beside him. Oh my god! Is he hurt?! I quickly run to his aid and saw him struggling as he place bandage on his hand. “You’re hurt!”

He looks up at me noticing my presence. “Seulgi.” 

“Let me see!”

“Ah-“ I grab his hand and chuckle at this poorly bandaged hand.

“I see that you’re not good at everything.” He clears his throat as he blush in embarrassment. “You also dropped the utensils earlier. That’s so not you Oppa.”

“I have my reasons.” 

“What reasons?” I look at him but he’s not answering. Instead, he’s staring. Those perfect eyes, he’s really handsome... ah, I’m falling hard again. I clear my throat and finish placing the bandage. “Well, it’s done!” I stand preparing to leave when I felt something on my hand. I turn seeing Chanyeol holding it. “Oppa.”

“The blind date, will you be going?”

“Huh?” Wait, is that it? He’s worried because of that arranged date? That’s it isn’t it? Someone please tell me that’s it! The next second, it’s like he realized something. He covers his face with his hand and looks away. 

“Nevermind. I’ll go back now. Thanks for this!”

“Oppa..” I watch his as he disappears from my sight. “He only covers his face whenever he’s embarrassed..”

»« »« »«

Ugh, I really don't feel like going to this blind date. I don't like it when things get forced. But I have no choice. I don't want to put the shame crown on Mom so I guess I'll do it. But Chanyeol's reaction back then really bugs me. It even lit the hope inside me. I sigh. This is so hopeless. I've got to stop this. I'm even an adult now and I'm being childish when it comes to him. 

"Are you Ms. Seulgi?" I hear someone talk. I stand up and see a handsome guy in front of me. But not as handsome as Chanyeol though. 

"Uh, yeah." 

"I see. I'm glad I met the right person haha! I usually mix people up and I'm not good at remembering them unless they're significant." He reaches out for a handshake. "Hello, I'm Jung Jinyoung. Nice to meet you!"

"I'm Seulgi.. But Seulgi's fine and please drop the formalities.."

"Alright then. But can I ask you something?"

"Yes, go ahead."

"Do you prefer eating at fancy places?"

This is my chance to blow his first impression of me. I'll just answer how I like! "Not really. This kind of place is suffocating for me." I look at him and he's a bit surprised. Oh yeah, I hit the mark! 

"Really?! Same here! Then would you prefer if we eat somewhere else for today? Let's just have fun shall we?"

"Uh, alright." This person, he's different from what I expected. Anyhow! I'll still have my chances to turn him off for today so I'll try my best! 

I follow him to his car. I was surprised it's just a normal car. Most of the guys I know likes to show off at first dates like using their sports car and dressing up extravagantly. But this person, he's totally different. He asks me what type of places I usually eat at and this is not going good. I'm remembering all the places I go with Chanyeol ever since we're young. So we ended up going there for lunch. We even ended up sitting at the exact spot whenever we go here. 

"Here you go. One ham and cheese sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes and no onions." He sits in front of me. He remembered what I said. He noticed that I'm staring so he looks at me. "Is something wrong?"

I rest my chin on my hand. "You're quite different from how men usually are."

He chuckles. "How men are usually?"

"Well, they go overboard. They wanted to impress girls on dates but you're different." He smiles at me and I'll be lying if I say that my heart didn't skipped a bit with that.

"Well, it's not like I don't have any interest in you Seulgi. I just don't want to be somebody else that I am not when I'm on dates." He said with a wry smile. 

"Hm..."

"I'm actually surprised when my Mom told me he arranged me with someone. I guess she had it enough when the girls I just date don't last huh?" He scratches the back of his head.

"You dated before?"

"Mm. Just thrice though. Twice in college and once in high school."

"Whoa, that's long." Ugh, not that I can't say the same with yours truly. 

"How about you?" Speaking of. 

"I..I haven't dated anyone yet."

"REALLY?!" He sounds surprised. Is it that surprising that I didn't date someone else before?! "Hm... Let me guess, you like someone?"

I choke on my drink. "H..How did you know?!" He chuckles.

"I can say that I'm the same. I guess I was too hang up on my last love that I didn't dated for a while. I let her slip through my fingers." His face turned serious as he holds him palm out in front of him and stares at it. "But I guess I think it's time to move on now haha!" He smiles again. So his last relationship was that serious huh?

"Great for you, at least you've been with her. I guess it's been an unrequited love for me."

"Really? I guess he doesn't see how beautiful you are." I turn to him and he's looking me seriously. I flush turning away. How can he say that seriously?! "Well? What do you want to do after this?"

"I don't know actually. Do you have somewhere you want to go?"

"Hm.. How about the beach?"

"Sounds good." 

After we eat our lunch, Jinyoung drives us to the beach. It's surprising but we get along really well and this is turning out worse and worse as each second pass. I'm starting to get a hang of him because he's such a nice guy.. I can't let this end up to marriage just yet! 

"Here we are!" We walk to the shore when Jinyoung grabs my wrist. "Wait, you're shoes will get wet." He crouches down and removes them for me. I flush at his action. Well, he's quite a gentleman isn't he? "There we go, you want to go further right? It's just a shame that we don't have our swimsuits-" he caught me staring again and he suddenly froze. "S..Sorry, did I do anything that made you upset? Ugh, I always do this unconsciously. Maybe this is why girls don't like me." He chuckles.

"I don't think it's that for my case. I think I am looking forward to being disappointed at this date but I guess I'm impressed by you Jinyoung. You really care for your companion. I like it that you're not being selfish." I smile. He's just like Chanyeol. I was about to walk close to the water when he steps in front of me. "W..What?"

"Nothing, I just feel the same. I didn't expect that we'll make it this far." He holds out his hand for me and smiles. "Shall we?" I smile and take his hand.

»« »« »«

I told myself that there won't be another date... BUT WE ENDED UP PROMISING THAT THERE WILL BE ANOTHER ONE NEXT WEEK! I sigh as make my way inside my house. I freeze seeing Chanyeol asleep sitting on the sofa. Is he waiting for me? I walk closer to him and reach out having too much desire to touch him. I miss him for being away from him the whole day. I touch his hair then his cheek. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. 

"S..eulgi.." My eyes widen. Did he just call my name? I step away from him. But he's not awake is he? I stare and observe. He's definitely asleep! Is he dreaming about me? I gasp. My heart is beating so fast right now. "Ugh.." He sits up and his eyes slowly opened. 

"Oh.. Um.. You're awake?"

"You're back." I nod. He glances at the clock and I notice his eyes widen. "You're back later than I expected." He said. I turn my head to the side. Is it just me or is he sounding like he's disappointed? "Is the date fun?"

"Huh? Oh, well yeah. I didn't expect it. We're having another one next weekend since he doesn't have flights for three weeks." 

"Oh." He stands not saying anymore. "I'll have your bath prepared then."

"Oppa.." He's odd. He's definitely odd. Is he mad that I'm back late? I slide myself to the tub and sink half of my face in. This is really troubling the hell out of me. I don't want him to be mad at me..."I'm not in the mood for a bath anymore.." I stand and grab my towel then headed to my room to dress myself up. I think I should just sleep this off. Maybe we'll be good tomorrow! Yeah, that's what I should do!

»« »« »«

"I prepared waffles for breakfast Lady Seulgi. I also prepared you a boxed lunch for today. I shall go and prepare you car now."

And this is definitely not going back to normal. I stand grabbing his arm and he stops. "Why are you calling me that Oppa?"

"I thought that it's just proper for me to do this Lady Seulgi. After all, I am your butler and you are dating someone now. It would be inappropriate if I don't." He takes my hand off his arm. "If you'll excuse me then." He's drawing a line.. But why? I am left frozen surprised at his actions. My heart is breaking up again. He doesn't even care that I am dating someone now when I am not even doing it?

"Hm? Chan did that?"

"Unnie! At this rate I'm hopeless! He doesn't even care!" I hug Mi Ho unnie. "Oh right! Not too much! Your tummy!"

She chuckles and pats my head. "It's fine. I'm good okay? So hug me all you want." Unnie's at her fourth month of pregnancy and it turned out to be a girl this time! I'm going to be an aunt again! "But I'm surprised. He's actually jealous?"

"Jealous? WAIT WHAT!?" I stand in surprise. Did I hear that wrong? Chanyeol's jealous?! "Unnie! Are you certain? That guy definitely is incapable if feeling that. He doesn't even care one bit about me. He just sees me as his little sister."

Unnie chuckles and sips on her tea. "Seulgi, I actually haven't told you this because I don't want to get your hopes up and I'm still uncertain. But after hearing what you said just now, I think I’m right after all.”

“What do you mean?”

“I think Chanyeol likes you.”

I choke on my tea wide-eyed. Before I know it, I’m already attracting attention in the cafe as I stand. I clear my throat and let out a laugh. “You’re kidding.”

“No I’m not. That’s why he’s putting up a wall. He’s afraid of stepping in the boundaries that he’s not supposed to.” Unnie takes a bite of her cake and grins as she taste the sweetness of the cake. She always love strawberry shortcake. “He’s always doing it back then. He told me that he’s not supposed to be all buddies with Baekhyun since he’s his butler but Baekhyun told him to be just a friend to him than an aid. You remember that right?”

Now that she mentioned it, Chanyeol did act that way. Can he really possibly like me?

»« »« »«

I sigh after I finish locking up the store. I know Chanyeol won’t come. He’s been avoiding me lately. I guess I have to go back on my own then. “Oh.” Stopping on my track, a car pulled over in front of me. “Chanyeol Oppa.. are you here to fetch me?”

He nods. I think he was about to tell me something when he suddenly looks behind me. “I’m sorry. I never should’ve gone to get you. I totally forgot all about this.”

“Huh? What are you saying?”

“Seulgi!” I turn hearing my name being called and see Jinyoung behind me.

“Oh, hello.” He smiles and approaches me. “I thought we’re supposed to eat tomorrow? Is it moved today?”

He chuckles. “Not really. I just wanted to see you.”

“M..Me?” I blush. Whoa, this guy is straightforward. 

“I’ll be going then Lady Seulgi.”

“What? Wait! Oppa!” I watch as Chanyeol goes back to the car and leaves. But he finally went to see me...

“Seulgi?”

“Yeah?” 

“Shall we eat then?”

“Alright..” 

The whole time I am with Jinyoung feels like my brain has left my head and my heart replaced it. I can’t think straight. I wonder what would’ve had happened if Jinyoung didn’t come? I wonder if I’ll finally make up with Chanyeol instead? 

“Huh?” I sit up seeing Jinyoung turn the car off. We’re still away from my house though. “Why did you stop?”

“Let’s take a walk.” He smiles and got off his seat. I watch him as he walks over to my side and opens the door for me. I’m confused why he’s doing this but I guess I just have to go with the flow. I got off and thanked him then we started walking. “Say, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“Is the person you like the one from earlier?” I stop from my tracks surprised at his question. Am I that easy to read? He knows?

“How-“ 

He chuckles and turns to me. “You’re not going to even deny it? I guess you love him a lot huh?”

“Jinyoung I-“

“I like you.” I freeze at his words. “I like you Seulgi. A lot. I know our parents set us up and at first I really thought this will be something that will pass again but I was wrong. After our first date, you never left my head. I keep on thinking about you and I was looking forward to our next date.” He chuckles. “I can’t even wait any longer which is why I am here. I want to see you. I know you like that guy and I know I am out of line with this but, didn’t you liked him long enough? He’s not even noticing you.”

“That’s..” as much I want to deny it, his words are true. He takes one step closer and grabs my hand pulling me close to him. I can feel his hand hold the back of my head and the other wrapped around me. He’s making sure I’m not going to go anywhere.

“I’ll make you happy Seulgi. I promise you that so... Can’t I be the one instead of him?”

Him instead of..Chanyeol?

I gasp and push him away out of fear. “I’m..I’m sorry..” I run as fast as I can and when I got to the house I went in running inside. I was about to head to my room when I see Chanyeol with his luggage. “Oppa.”

“You’ve arrived Lady Seulgi.”

I look at his luggage then at him. “What’s that?”

“I’m sorry for the short notice but from tomorrow onwards, someone will be coming instead of me. I’ll be going ahead then Lady Seulgi.”

He walks pass through me. No.. not now. “Oppa!” I grab his arm to stop him. “No, please don’t leave! Did I do something? Please tell me! Okay? Tell me!”

“No, I’m the one at fault so I should leave Lady Seulgi.”

“Stop calling me that!” He looks at me with much hurt in his eyes. I take a step closer and hugged him. If I don’t tell him how I feel right now he will really be gone forever. “I love you Oppa. Ever since we were little I love you already.. you’ve always been there for me when I need someone... you can’t leave now.. please don’t leave me here alone..” despite the tears and my sobs, I managed to let my words out. I feel his hands on my shoulders so I look at him. 

“I’m sorry.” I gasp as he pushes me away. I can’t even do anything but watch him leave the front door as I sink on the floor dumbfounded.

»« »« »«

My clock says it’s eight but I don’t even see the sunlight in my room. I’m not even in the mood to get up to open my curtains. Chanyeol’s not here to do that for me any more. I roll back to the other side and shut my eyes close. I haven’t slept a wink since last night. He really left. I’m all alone again. I hear my phone ring. It’s Baekhyun Oppa. I grab it and threw it away. I don’t feel like doing anything. My eyes won’t stop releasing tears. 

“I miss him..” I mumble burying my face on the pillow as I cry.

My day just wenton even though I wish for it to stop. I'm stuck in bed and I haven’t gone outside to open my shop for the day. I wonder how long will this last? I hear something ring again and this time, it’s the telephone. I’m not going to answer it. I don’t feel like talking to anyone. I stand walking to the bathroom and turn the faucet on. I sit on the floor as I wait the tub to fill.

“It’s slow.”

I never thought filling a tub with water will be this long. I stand running out of patience and strip my clothes off. I get on the tub as I watch the water goes up. After a while, I lazily reach for the faucet and turned it off with my foot. I stare at the ceiling. I didn’t even put soap in this bath. 

“Seulgi!!!” That’s Mi Ho unnie. Even she’s here now huh? But I don’t feel like standing up now. 

“Unnie, you told me he likes me. But why did he left me?” I hear my own voice get hoarse. It’s even painful to listen to it. “Ugh..” my hands reach my face as I cry again. Am I not even tired of crying? It’s like it became my new hobby. Crying. Uh, gotta add that up to my resume. I feel my eyes getting heavy. I lean back and stare at the ceiling as my vision turned black.

»« »« »«

I smell something good. I open my eyes finding myself in my bed. When did I get here? I thought I was in the tub? And I’m fully dressed? My door opens and Mi Ho unnie comes in. She gasps seeing me. 

“Seulgi!” She runs to my side and touches my forehead. “Are you okay now? You’re fever seemed to be gone now.”

“I got sick?” She smiles and chuckles.

“You didn’t even know?” I shake my head. She puts the tray close to me and hands me a spoon. “You hate porridge whenever you’re sick so I made pumpkin soup. Have some.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Just give me a few sips alright?”

“Just do as you're told.” I turn to the door seeing Sehun. “She won’t leave until she sees you eat.”

“You’re here too?”

“She called me. Mi Ho’s panicking like hell earlier when she saw you.”

I felt a hand on my head. “I’m glad you’re okay now. I won’t tell Baekhyun about this so can you eat this for me?”

I sigh in defeat. I don’t want Unnie to worry for me so I just do as she wishes me to do. I manage to force myself to eat it all. But she didn’t ask anything. “I’m okay. You have to rest now Unnie. You’re pregnant.”

She smiles. “I’ll come back tomorrow okay? Call me if you need anything.”

I smile nodding. “Thank you.”

I watch her leave. I pull the covers up. My eyes are getting heavy again but this time, tears are blocking my vision as I sleep. 

»« »« »«

“I’m thirsty..” I struggle to make my way to the kitchen. It seems that I slept until the afternoon. I glance at the clock and it says three thirty-seven. Wow, this is a new record. I grab the water from the fridge and since I’ve been so lazy these days, I didn’t even bother to place it in a glass. I never thought Chanyeol did a lot of things for me. Putting up a bath, cooking for me and doing the housework.

“Ugh.” I put the water container down and walk to the poolside. I stare at my reflection. I never thought this will be calming. I stretch out my hand to the immensely cold water when I hear my front door open. Then sudden footsteps came around the house until I see a familiar figure. I stand and stare. Am I dreaming?

“Lady Seulgi!” Chanyeol rushes towards me and grabs my wrist. “I’ve been calling you for a while now!” He's here. In front of me. I'm too surprised to do anything so I just stare.

“Oh, um.. my phone must be dead. I just woke up so-“ he sighs in relief.

“You’ve gotten thinner.” His hand touches my cheek and I freeze. He’s touching me. I haven’t seen him in a while now. “Why haven’t you going to work? It’s been three days already.” He continues to talk and ask me questions but all I can do is stare at him. I miss his face and all the expressions his been putting up with it. Before I knew it, my hands are in his cheeks. “Lady Seulgi.”

“Don’t call me that. I told you I hate it when you do.”

He smiles at me. “I’ll cook something for you so-“

“No don’t.” I grab his hand back and wrap my arms around his. “Just stay here okay? Don’t leave..”

“Lady Seulgi-“

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT!” Tears are rushing through my eyes again. I think there’s flowing so fast that I can’t see anything anymore. “Just.. please call my name..”

He faces me and holds my cheek. “Enough of this. You’ll faint if you don’t eat-“

“Call my name Oppa. Please?” He remains silent and just stared at me. “Why are you refusing to do it? Do you hate me that much now? We’ve been together for years! Why do you hate me now?”

“Lady Seulgi, calm down.”

“Oppa, call my name please?” He faces the other way this time. I can’t believe I can get hurt so much with that simple gesture. It hurts so bad that I can’t even say a thing. I take a step back. I need to get out of here. I turn. Yes, the water would be nice.

“Wait, what are you doing?” He turns to me seeing me as I approach the pool. 

“Call my name Oppa.”

“It’s cold! Step out of there! You might fall!” He still refuses huh? I smile as I take another step back and take my fall. “SEULGI!!!”

I feel the water gush through me. It’s cold. A lot cold. I can feel my body get numb but it doesn’t make any difference in my heart. I still feel hurt. Why won’t just my whole body freeze? Make my brain freeze so that I can’t think of anything either. I feel a hand grab mine but I’m too cold to do anything.

“SEULGI! HANG IN THERE!”

My body is shaking a lot. All I can hear is Chanyeol’s voice shouting. His footsteps rushing. I open my eyes and see myself in the bathroom. Chanyeol’s running hot water on the tub. Why won’t I just freeze? I can still feel pain.. 

“SEULGI! DON’T YOU ING CLOSE YOUR EYES YOU HEAR ME?! STAY WITH ME!” He carries me and makes his way to the tub. It suddenly feel hot. He hugs me tight as he sinks me in the water with him. “SEULGI!!”

He’s calling my name a lot of times now. I’m happy. I want to touch him but I can’t move my body. I’m too frozen.

“Look at me Seulgi!” His eyes.. is he crying? “Please look at me!” I do look at him. His hand touches my cheek. “Please stay with me.. don’t leave me okay?” I want to touch him. I struggle with my body until I can move again. I reach out for his face and I feel him flinch. “SEULGI!”

“You’re..calling me...a lot of times.. I’m so happy..” he sighs in relief and kisses my hand.

“Thank goodness..” he pulls me close against him and we remained like this for while. "I'm sorry I left. I just did that because I think I'm having wrong thoughts about you. I am starting to hate that you're going out with another guy. It's wrong for me to think that way because I'm not someone who should be with you Seulgi. That's why I just chose to leave. You deserve to be with him. But when I heard you got sick for not eating for days, I got so worried that's why I came back. And now I'm seeing you like this? I'm so sorry.."

"Oppa.." I didn't know he was thinking that way. I'm so happy. “Oh.” I can now move my body. I sit up and he looks at me.

“Are you alright now?”

I smile nodding. “You’re drenched Oppa.” I touch his cheeks. I gasp when he grabs my wrist pulling me close to him. “W..What are you-“ his hand touches my waist making my sit on his lap. He’s too close and he’s just staring at me.

“You scared me a lot.” He caress my cheeks and looks at my eyes as if he’s searching for something. “I tried my best to forget about how I feel for you but you forced yourself to me again.”

“What?” I think I misheard what he said. “H..How you feel?”

He chuckles. His forehead meets mine. “Silly girl. You still don’t get it don’t you?” He leans close and I feel something soft on my lips. Is he doing what I think he’s doing? I try to register the situation. Damn, he’s kissing me?! When he pulls away all I can do is stare in shock. “You still don’t get it?”

“Oppa, did you just-“ before I can finish my sentence, he started kissing me again. But this time it’s different. He’s kissing me hard that it made me fall on my back. He grabs me before I hit on the tub and gently lowers me down but he doesn’t stop kissing me. I gasp for air in between his kisses. We’re kissing so passionately that it’s drowning me. I feel his tongue on my lips and I gasp. Everything is happening so fast. I think my head is spinning. When he releases me I gasp for air. We both do but we’re staring at each other’s eyes. 

“Seulgi, you won’t regret this? Being with me?”

“I won’t.” I reply and pull him back again. I don’t want this to stop. We started kissing again. I feel his hand and the end of my dress and he pulls it up.

“You sure?”

I chuckle nodding. “I won’t. I love you so much and I won’t regret it.”

He smiles. “Then take responsibility for what you did to me. I love you so much I don’t think I’ll be able to stop.”

»« »« »«

This is the fourth time I opened my eyes after I fell asleep on this bed. But this time, it’s different. I can’t believe we did it last night. I can still feel his hands all over my body. It was so much of a shock and I’m too happy that he feels the same for me. After all these years, I finally heard him say he loves me. I turn around and find the bed empty. I gasp sitting up. He’s not here.

“Oppa?” I pull the blanket to my chest to cover myself up but there’s no reply. “Did I just dreamt that?”

The door opens and I sigh in relief. “Good Morning.”

“Oppa..” he smiles sitting beside me and tucks a lock of my hair in my ear. 

“Did you sleep well?” I nod. “Are you okay?”

I flush at his question. “Yep.”

He chuckles. “I actually wanted to bring you breakfast but it will get cold so I just placed it in the microwave." he says shyly.  He's not allowing dead air to get into us because he knows it's awkward right now after what just happened." It’s snowing outside. Let me get you something to warm you up okay?”

“Wait.” I grab his hand. 

“What is it? Is something wrong?”

“Can we just stay in bed for a little while?”

“What?” I see him turn red. I gasp realizing what I just said.

“N..No! I don’t mean it like that okay?!”

“O..Oh, I see. Um.. okay. But at least put something on. I don’t think I’ll be able to calm down if..”

I flush. Why are we even being like this when we’ve done it already? “C..Can you get that shirt for me?”

“Okay.” He takes the shirt hanging in the chair and I put it on. 

“Now come here Oppa.” He chuckles and gets in the bed with me. I scoot closer to him and he makes me lie on his chest. I can hear his heart beat so fast. “Why is it beating fast?”

“You expect me to calm down after what happened last night?” I laugh. I feel him hug me tight and he kisses my head. “But seriously, promise me you won’t do that again okay? You will die if you do that.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Let’s just forget about it.”

“Okay.” 

We stayed silent for a while. He holds my hand and I play with his fingers. He chuckles as he watches me and caresses my hair. This feels really nice. I don’t want this moment to end.

“Seulgi?”

“Yeah?”

“I have to tell you something.”

“Hm? What is it?” I look up at him.

“I told Baekhyun about us. I actually wanted to talk to your Mom and Mi Ho too. I think they deserve to know if we’re going to do this.”

At the end, he’s really more mature than me thinking about others. I smile nodding. “Alright. Let’s talk to them.”

“Okay.” He smiles and hugs me again. I love this person so much.

»« »« »«

Before going to our house to talk to everyone just like Chanyeol said to, I called Jinyoung out to talk to him because he deserves to know about it. When I hear the shop door open, I stand watching him take his seat. 

“Hello.” I say.

“Hi Seulgi.” He smiles and take his seat but I can tell he knows why I called him.

“I’m sorry, I called you all of a sudden.”

“It’s alright.” He takes a sip of the tea in front of him. 

“Um.. so.. I don’t know how to bring this up but.. I think you deserve a proper answer so.. I can’t be with you. I really like Chanyeol Oppa and I recently found out that he feels the same and.. we’re going out.”

“I see.” He puts the cup down and smiles leaning at his seat as he looks at me. “Okay, I understand.”

“Jinyoung..”

“Wow, I never expected that this will hurt more than the last breakup I had.”

“I’m sorry..”

He chuckles and pats my head. “No worries Seulgi. I really wanted you to be happy. I’m kind of relieved for you though. Now you can be with the guy that you love the most.”

I smile. “Yeah.”

“Just be happy for me okay?”

I nod. “I will.”

He smiles but I can see his eyes getting watery. “I’ll stay here for a while. You can go on ahead okay? I’ll see you around.”

“Mm. Thank you Jinyoung.”

He nods and looks at me for the last time. I walk towards the door and to the parking lot. I glanced at him for the last time and see his hands covering his face as he shake. I turn sighing. 

“I’m sorry Jinyoung..”


C h a n y e o l

I’ve never imagined that I will do this right now. I thought I’ll just give her up but here I am. In front of the people that’s all important to us with Seulgi beside me. This is nerve wrecking to be honest but I’ve got to man up and be strong for us both. 

“I’m sorry for the short notice but, please let me go out with Seulgi!” I bow my head to the three of them. I’m waiting for a reply but it’s too silent. I look up and realize they are all staring at me. Is this a no?

“Wow, I’ve never expected to hear this from you Chan.” Baekhyun said.

“Yes, I agree. I’m quite shocked. Well, I know this will happen sooner or later but I never imagined it.” Mi Ho added.

“I agree..” Mrs. Byun said.

“Um..” I stare at them then smiles appeared on their faces.

 “What are you being nervous for silly? We’re just shocked but of course we’ll let you date her! We’ve been waiting for decades for this to happen you hard headed person!” Baekhyun replied.

“Is that true? Can I really?” Mi Ho nods.

“She loved you like forever Chan. I’m happy for you both.” She adds.

“If it’s what’s going to make you both happy then I agree. You’re not a stranger in this family anymore Chanyeol.” 

“Thank you very much!” 

“Thanks Mom! Oppa! Unnie!” I hold Seulgi’s hand and she smiles at me. 

“Wait! We’re going to late!” Baekhyun stands. “Mi Ho! Your doctor’s appointment! Come on!”

“Oh right.” She stands. “We’ll see you both later okay? We have to celebrate this!”

I chuckle nodding. “Don’t rush too much okay? Be careful.”

She nods. “I will! Thanks!” 

“Well then, I’ll be on my way too. I’ll see you both later.”

“Yes! Please be careful Ma’am.”

Mrs. Byun smiles at me. “You can call me just Mom now alright Chanyeol?”

“Um.. yes I will. M..Mom.” 

“That’s good. See you then.”

»« »« »«

Months passed since Seulgi and I started dating. I didn’t even realize I love her so much already. I’ve been helping her with her shop everyday as I continue doing my work. I leave the shop and put the little box on my pocket as I head back home. I have to make tonight’s dinner extra special. 

“I wonder what should I make for tonight?” I pulled over and park the car when I arrive at the house and got off. I decide I’ll just cook pasta and make some salad since she likes them. When I open the door, I hear a sizzle in the kitchen. Is she home? “Seulgi?”

“Oh you’re back! I made dinner!”

“Wha- but I’m supposed to make dinner. I just finished placing the order for the supplies at your shop.”

She grins and runs to me. Seulgi wraps her arms around my waist. “I want to try making something for you for today.”

“Why? Is today special?”

She looks at me confused. “Are you seriously asking me that? Today’s your birthday!”

“Oh, is it?” I take my phone out from my pocket and saw the date. Oh, it really is my birthday.

“Don’t tell me you forgot?”

I chuckle. “Well yeah. I’ve been going around a lot of places lately.”

She glares at me and grabs my hand. “Ugh! I can’t believe you Oppa! It’s a good thing I made food for today!” She pushes me to my seat and runs towards the fridge. She takes out a cake and brings it to the table. 

“You baked?” She nods and lights the candles on top of it. “Wow, it looks great.”

Seulgi smiles and seat in front of me. “Now let’s sing you a happy birthday okay?” I smile watching her sing. Even with the dim lights, she looks lovely. “Blow your candles Oppa!”

“Okay.” I blow my candles and she claps in joy. She stands and grab is some plates to put on the pasta and the cake. 

“Here you go.”

“Thanks.” I watch her as she returns to her seat. Seulgi started to tell me how she struggled on making today’s dinner and I’m happy for that. She went all the trouble alone just to have this little party for me. “Hey Seulgi?”

“Yeah?” She sips on her wine and looks at me.

“Aren’t you tired of being my girlfriend?” She freezes and drops her fork.

 “Are you.. breaking up with me?” there’s a sudden rush of tears on her eyes. I stand in panic. 

“Wait! No! It’s not supposed to go like this! Calm down Seulgi!!”

“Why? Are you now going to break up with me properly? Why now of all days?” She continue to sob and I hurry to her side and hugged her. “Oppa..”

I sigh in relief when she stops crying. This is all messed up. “I’m not breaking up with you silly.”

“Then why did you ask me that?” I sigh and grab the small box I have on my pocket. I hand it to her and she stares at me. “What’s this?”

“I’m supposed to ask you to be my wife instead. But you suddenly cried.”

“You’re wha-“ her eyes widen and opens the box. She gasps. “Are you...are you proposing to me?!”

“It’s messed up.” She smiles and puts on her hand. 

“Put it on me.”

“Seulgi.”

“Come on now Oppa!” I chuckle and place the ring on her. She grins and showed it to me. I smile wiping her tears away. “Isn’t it pretty?”

I hold her cheek. “Your prettier than the ring.” She stands and hugs me. “So? Will you be my wife?”

“You don’t have to ask. I’ll marry you anytime.” She looks up at me and I smile leaning close to her to kiss her. “I know you’re happy.”

“I am.”

“But I’m happier than you. I’ve been waiting for this day ever since I was in high school you know?”

“You liked me even then?”

“Of course I do! You’re too dense to notice. You can’t even make it up to like me more even if we spend the rest of our lives together.” 

I smile wrapping my arms on her waist and pull him close to me. I stare at her eyes and I can see myself in it. So she loved me even before I started liking her. I guess she’s right. I can’t love her more than she loved me huh? 

“Then I’ll just make you happier than you can make me. If I make you cry, I promise I’ll hug you tight like this. If you get angry at me and tell me that you want to be alone, I won’t leave you alone.” She smiles nodding. “Hm.. what else?”

“Let’s see..” she stops and think. “On our anniversaries, take me on a trip.”

“Okay. I’ll take you to places that you love. If you gain weight, I’ll tell you that there’s no change at all and it’s still you.”

“Oppa!” I chuckle and kiss her forehead. 

“You may have loved me first but Seulgi, I’ll promise that I’ll love you and make you happy alright?” She smiles nodding.

“I’ll look forward to it then Oppa.” She takes a step back and hands her hand out to me. “I’ll look forward to spending forever with you Mr. Park.”

I smile shaking her hand. “I look forward to our forever then Mrs. Park.” I take her hand and pull her towards me. I’ll love you forever Seulgi and I’ll try my hardest to return the love that you’ve given me even before I loved you.


Hello everyone! so here you all go a special chapter for Seulgi and Chan ^^ They both deserve a happy ending too don't you think? haha! Hope you all liked this one <3

- Cheonsabyul <3