Chapter Four

Muser

"I don't know what to do anymore, hyung." Sehun groaned, falling face forward onto his bed as Luhan frowned concerningly at him. "This day has been hell, and not only did Junmyeon come back with his fantastic group but he made me skip class to draw Jongin."

"Wait, Jongin as in the one you like-"

"Yes, that one. The only Jongin either of us have even heard of." He fumed, his voice muffled into his pillow.

Luhan's eyes widened at that statement and he slid his body off of his own bed, approaching the adjacent one to seat himself on the edge of it. "Sehun, that's huge. What happened? Did things go okay?!"

"Perhaps I told him I never wanted to see him again if that's what you wanted to hear." Sehun sighed begrudgingly at himself.

After saying that statement aloud one last time, he had never felt such idiocy in his entire life. After drawing someone so frequently as a result of falling in love with their complexion, it would be nearly impossible to fall in love with their well being, especially since he successfully attempted to shoo the boy away seemingly forever.

"What, why would you say that?" Luhan frowned as Sehun continued to lay completely face down on the mattress.

Sehun waited a few seconds to reply, trying to think of how he was going to word it. He reimagined the scene in his head as if it had only happened a few seconds ago, and he flinched at the thought of Jongin's intense stares while they were in mid argument, whether or not it was for the sake of the drawing. "We were bickering, or at least, I was bickering. He was trying to convince me that we could have mutual trust in each other, though he kept spilling a bunch of bull while trying to defend Junmyeon. It was honestly a 50/50 reaction I could've had."

"I'd say you reacted correctly." Luhan answered comfortingly. "It's common sense to not trust someone that can't see the bad in a bad person." 

"You aren't wrong, but maybe that just shows his purity. After all, Junmyeon is his best friend. He tried telling me that Junmyeon had serious personal issues which was why he is the way he is, but I refused to listen. All I heard was that Junmyeon lost his best friend-"

"Yifan." The elder stated tersely.

Sehun raised his head from the pillow and furrowed his eyebrows in complete curiosity. "What?"

"Wu Yifan, Junmyeon's ex."

"Ex as in ex boyfriend?!" The youngest's jaw dropped and Luhan nodded his head slowly.

"Yeah. Me, Yifan, Tao, and Junmyeon were all roommates in the beginning of college." He explained himself through the complications of his story. "When we were all freshmen in college, Tao and I decided to room together since there was an uneven amount of people that made up our exchange student group in high school, as well as Yifan had already decided he was going live with Junmyeon for the time being because they had only recently begun dating. But since I couldn't find a place for Tao and I to stay, Yifan offered to let us stay with him and Junmyeon."

Sehun's jaw continued to dangle open, his thoughts running furiously as he tried to put this story together. "That would explain why you never talk about your fellow foreigners... I take it something bad must've happened?"

"Definitely. For starters, let's just say Yifan ran off and nobody knew where he went." Luhan huffed groggily. "Nobody knows why, either. Many say it's because he was having a student loan crisis and he needed to leave to get his in order. Others say it's because he got in a fight with Junmyeon and needed to leave the premises altogether. I personally find that one more believable, especially since Junmyeon has been nothing other than a headass ever since."

"I just can't believe they were in a romantic relationship, Jongin told me they were just friends." The younger beamed. "And besides that, Junmyeon definitely doesn't come off as the gay type, although I found it peculiarly weird how understanding he was when he saw my portraits of Jongin."

Luhan protested, scratching the back of his neck with a nervous grin. "I wouldn't say he was understanding, Sehun. He literally forced you to skip class so you could draw Jongin again, and who knows what he plans on doing with that drawing."

"Disregarding that, he told me he wouldn't show anyone the drawings he saw." He said confidently, though he was beginning to feel scared.

He remembered the scene where Junmyeon had met up with Sehun's sacred sketchbook page, though he shivered once he realized that the cold leader's knowledge of these pages could ruin his life. As far as he knew, Jongin was more than uncomfortable to be trapped in that room with Sehun and he couldn't imagine how terrible it would be if he found out about the other portraits. More rumors would spread; not only is he known as a troubled student, but now he'd be known as the homoual troubled student.

That's not all that mattered to him, though. It's Jongin's thoughts that mattered the most.

"Did you really think for one second that Junmyeon meant what he said? God, you are the dumbest smart person I've ever met." The elder chuckled.

Sehun buried his face into his hands, feeling subtle tears leave the corners of his eyes as he began to melt down due to all the sudden stress. "I'm done for. I officially hate my life."

"Don't say that," Luhan consoled, gently draping his around around the younger's shoulders. "You shouldn't care what anyone thinks, especially since you've never really seemed to care before. And besides, you'll always have me."

"I don't deserve you." Sehun sniffled with a chuckle.

The elder scoffed. "Bull. I'm here because I took the time to know you, and I decided not to be blind sighted like everyone else. You're a really good and special person, and if others can't see that, especially Jongin, they're the ones that don't deserve you."

Sehun sat silently for a good 10 seconds, staring at his legs as they were neatly crossed over each other. He didn't know what else to say, and although Luhan was basically his only friend, he was the best friend a struggling college freshman could ask for.

"I'm lost for words now." He said monotonously, though his facial expression supplemented his statement. "I think I'm gonna go to bed, I could use the extra sleep-"

Sehun perked up at a sudden sound, scrunching his nose as Vivi's barking had broken the tranquil mood that was held between him and Luhan.

"Shut up, Vivi! Someone's just at the door." Sehun emphasized, though he was basically speaking to nothing in particular.

The exhausted boy slid off his bed and approached the wooden door at the end of the room, rubbing his hand against his face before turning the metal knob

"Are you kidding, it's almost midnight-" Sehun grumbled, though he stopped himself at the sight of a familiar golden-skinnen, handsome complexion.

Jongin stood motionlessly with both his hands tucked into his pockets, as his face had anxiety written all over it. The miniature dog that had been tucked away in the back of the room had them decided to take off running towards the visitor, nearly leaping into Jongin's arms.

"I'm sorry, I know it's late and I know you don't want to see but we need to talk." He said in a serious manner, though his focus gradually began to travel towards Vivi. "But before I explain myself, can I pet your dog?"